Fourth birthday party at home, no garden?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
My LO is turning four in August and he's been asking for a party a lot recently, even though it's ages away. Our baby is due in July so I've decided against anything like soft play or swimming. MIL lives five minutes away and has a big garden so I thought we could have a party there but LO insists the party is here. Thing is we don't have a garden, so no bouncy castle or anything. Does an indoor party sound really silly? Would you take your child to a party in a small flat? I was thinking putting mini tents up and having loads of balloons and having an indoor picnic and cake decorating with a few games. If it's a sunny day we could take a picnic to the local park, but again don't know if this would be weird? I don't want to hire a local hall because of cost/effort when I have a newborn.

I think it sounds like a nice idea! Even if I didn't I would just assume that the birthday child has asked for it and go along with it. What I hate is themed parties that exclude some kids. Like my son got invited to a frozen party, he had never seen frozen so didn't even get a lot of it.

Joshua has been to 2 indoor house parties (same child). The first one was "Alice and Wonderland" theme, the kids were asked to come dressed as disney characters.

They played games, cake decorating, had a mad hatters tea party etc. Joshua has never seen A in W, but he loved it.

The second one was Mario Kart theme. They had different games including racing on the nintendo wii. Two friends of the parents came dressed up as Mario and Luigi (?), it was great.

Your ideas are fine x

Indoor camping brill - no guarantee of weather anyway - reckon that would be a party to remember if I was a kid

Park is also a good too

All my daughters parties have been indoors lots of balloons and games cake makes most kids happy

That sounds great, I love the tents idea. We've been to indoor parties, usually they just fill the room with balloons and have a disco, the kids love it.
Idk if it's feasible but if you were looking for something not indoors, Lucas went to a birthday party last week that was held on a double-decker bus outside the house. It'd been kitted out inside with a ball pool and a slide and things. He hasn't stopped asking for one since but we live on a very narrow street and it's just not gonna happen :dohh:

I think your ideas are great! As long as there's food, music and games kids will love it!

Kate - love the double Decker bus idea for a party! That sounds fab :)

That sounds great, I love the tents idea. We've been to indoor parties, usually they just fill the room with balloons and have a disco, the kids love it.
Idk if it's feasible but if you were looking for something not indoors, Lucas went to a birthday party last week that was held on a double-decker bus outside the house. It'd been kitted out inside with a ball pool and a slide and things. He hasn't stopped asking for one since but we live on a very narrow street and it's just not gonna happen :dohh:

That sounds amazing! We live on a central road two minutes from the city centre though so not sure it'd be allowed. I will look in to it though!

Sounds fine hun! I've held and been to plenty of kids parties in flats and it's never an issue if there's thought put into it. You've plenty of time to prepare anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->