Freaking out

Bluewings

Blessed Twice
Reaction score
In a week ill be 37w. Which means baby can come then at any time.

For whatever reason I'm terrified. Idk why! I'm scared of the pain of an epidural. What if DD is inconsolable and needs my DH to take her out of the room? Will the pain send me through the walls? Will I rip? Will the epi not work? Will my VBAC be a disaster? OMG I am just terrified!!!

Ok, now you are freaking me out lol! More than the pain of child birth, I'm actually more dreading the pain afterwards. I had an episiotomy last time so was very sore. I want to pop this baby out & get some of the energy I lost from my pregnancy back. Highly doubtful. You'll be fine though!

I am terrified of having a disaster of a vagina after my vbac.... But also terrified of having to have another emcs... I never even thought of what if the epidural doesn't work!! Somehow we have to face whatever the process is though.

Mantra: Baby in my arms, baby in my arms, baby in my arms... That works right?

I tore twice. I don't know if my lady bits are a disaster, but oh well!! It is what it is!!

I am terrified of having a disaster of a vagina after my vbac.... But also terrified of having to have another emcs... I never even thought of what if the epidural doesn't work!! Somehow we have to face whatever the process is though.

Mantra: Baby in my arms, baby in my arms, baby in my arms... That works right?

A few girl friends of mine claimed for some of their births the epi didn't work. I was like "I didn't know that could happen!"

I'm also afraid of my vagina becoming a veteran of a war zone :-/

In a week ill be 37w. Which means baby can come then at any time.

For whatever reason I'm terrified. Idk why! I'm scared of the pain of an epidural. What if DD is inconsolable and needs my DH to take her out of the room? Will the pain send me through the walls? Will I rip? Will the epi not work? Will my VBAC be a disaster? OMG I am just terrified!!!

A friend of mine has been sending info on hypno birthing, I'm doing some CD's and reading the book that goes with it. It's helping me with my own fear. My big sister has had 4 kids, the last one she used hypno birthing and said it worked. I'm wouldn't usually go for something like this but on her recommendation I'm in!
My friend also sent me this article about fear and birthing, which is interesting
https://birthwithconfidence.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/fear-tension-pain-cycle.html

You can do it! We all can! It's what we're built for!

You are not the only one! My fear lately is that if i tear, they will stitch me up with no anaesthesia cos some woman told me they didnt use any on her when they were doing the stiches...i am freaking out also!:cry:

Thanks girls!

To the others afraid, I'm glad I'm not alone! Lol.

I think it's inevitable to be somewhat afraid, even if we have done this before.

Also a website call 'Birth without fear' is really great. All types of stories on there, including vbac and c-sections.

Despite knowing it can go very smoothly, my first birth was terrifying lol. At least my epidural worked though :)

Sometimes I just think of how strong women are to make such decisions and face such tasks as childbirth. My mom birthed 4 children naturally. My MIL naturally birthed 3 children over 9 lbs. Then I look at myself and think I have to fit in somehow with them? Lol

I'm freaked out because there's a hospital around here who has been forcing women to have c-sections using the mom-to-be's ignorance and scare tactics.

I'm not going to that hospital but I do NOT want a c-section. My doctor isn't a fan either, so we should be alright, but it makes me super nervous.

My C wasn't horrible at all and if it weren't for the fact that it is surgery and limits how many Kids we can have in th future, id be fine with having another! It was a breeze to recover from.

Just wish it wasn't surgery! LOL

My C wasn't horrible at all and if it weren't for the fact that it is surgery and limits how many Kids we can have in th future, id be fine with having another! It was a breeze to recover from.

Just wish it wasn't surgery! LOL

That's good! I thought of how easy a scheduled section would be, but thought the same as you. It's surgery in the end and shouldn't be necessary... Now I face the unknown with a multitude of possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->