Freaky baby behaviour..

lozenge

Reaction score
Does anyone else's LO smile at what seems to be nothing in the night feeds? Last night my LO was staring at the ceiling and wall where there is nothing interesting to see, and was really grinning and cooing! It was quite scary (made worse by the fact that I had just watched "Stir of Echoes" where the kid in the film sees ghosts!). Does this seem odd or do others' LOs do this?! xx

My son has been do this since he was about 6 weeks old. He does it at night feedings and day feedings. I never thought about it that way though. It is kinda scary now that I think about it.

alex done this, his first smile was at 4am in the morning when he was 7 weeks old

My son has been do this since he was about 6 weeks old. He does it at night feedings and day feedings. I never thought about it that way though. It is kinda scary now that I think about it.

Lol sorry didn't mean to scare you! It is probably my over-active imagination... Soo glad its not only my LO though! x

Our Alex does that too, i hope it's angels he is seeing, like relatives who have passed away and are looking down on us....

Izzy does it, in the day too though, she will be looking through into the kitchen or into the utility and just start to smile like there is someone there, quite odd lol

Our Alex does that too, i hope it's angels he is seeing, like relatives who have passed away and are looking down on us....

My MIL says that all babies have guardian angels who watch over them. I think it's a really nice thought that that's what they're grinning and cooing at.

How sweet! I'm hoping the same thing. My dad passed away when I was 8 years old and Bryson of course will never get to meet him. I wonder if it's my dad he is seeing. Kinda freaky, but overwhelming at the same time.

Yes that is what I was hoping. I recently had a friend pass away and I tried to tell myself LO was just seeing him. Whatever it was he found it very funny! What worried me even more was that at one point he was smiling and his eyes were moving side to side as if he was watching something moving around the room. Bizarre...

Lol sorry didn't mean to scare you! It is probably my over-active imagination... Soo glad its not only my LO though! x

LOL! You didn't scare me. I just never thought of it that way. Just makes me think. Things you will never know, huh?

Izzy does it, in the day too though, she will be looking through into the kitchen or into the utility and just start to smile like there is someone there, quite odd lol

Yep, it is as if someone has just appeared before them and is pulling funny faces at them or something to make them smile! He has done it in the day too but seems to be more regular at night time, which is even more bizarre because it is a dimly lit room!

OMG yes! Glad it's not just me!! One night LO was having a dreamfeed when her eyes fluttered and she seemed to see something so her eyes went wide open and this massive smile creeped onto her face, looking just over my shoulder, it was her first smile and so strange - i do wonder what it might have been :-/

i like to think my Alex is smiling at his big sister phoebe our Angel!

LOL! You didn't scare me. I just never thought of it that way. Just makes me think. Things you will never know, huh?

Yeah. Someone once told me babies and children are more likely to see ghosts, as are animals. No idea whether there is any truth in it but when they do things like that it does make you wonder..

OMG yes! Glad it's not just me!! One night LO was having a dreamfeed when her eyes fluttered and she seemed to see something so her eyes went wide open and this massive smile creeped onto her face, looking just over my shoulder, it was her first smile and so strange - i do wonder what it might have been :-/

Haha I am so glad everyone replied yes instead of no. I was worried about posting it incase everyone replie "errr no.." . I wish they could tell us what it so amusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->