Free funding for 3 year olds...what do i do?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

My son is already in nursery but i understand that i am entitled to some free funding from this September. Do i need to apply for this or do anything about it at the moment or would my nursery become aware of when he is entitled to this?

xx

they are entitled to 15 hours a week free funding from the term after they are 3.
if hes entitled from sept then you might want to ask them about sessions (or have you specified which days etc for then already??) as normally with the nurseries ive delt with when the term starts they give you a form to sign & fill in & you have to show their birth certificate & then thats it - but they should be aware of which child becomes entitled & when.
if for example hes only on 2 morning of 3hrs - you could go up to 5 mornings (free) if they have space that is (in my dds nursery they only had space for her to do 12 hours but come sept they have enough space for her to do 1 full day & 2 mornings totalling 15hrs)

He is already at nursery 3 days out of 5, so would that mean that 15hours of the days that he goes would be part of my free entitlement iykwim? x

hey,
if your already over 15 hours then yes - everyone is intitled to 15 hours (or up too...) so in your case you get 15 hours free & then you pay for the extra hours :)

Thats great hun, thanks for your help xx

yeah i'm the same, the nursery told me that the forms will be sent to them and i just have to sign them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->