FRER RANT!!! do not buy new ones!! UPDATE PG 9

Aww thank you hun!! I'm not sure about Amazon all I really deal with is eBay? I did test with a pink dye test today. Its still light but like I said I know my hcg rises slower than some people. Going to the health department tomorrow to get my proof of pregnancy! Both tests are 14 dpo. Blue dye at 7 am and pink at 3 pm

Seems like your pink one looks more definitive then the blue one these two, what kind of pink dye test is that?

I have a frer I don't know if it's a new or old one what's the difference?x

The old ones are flat and the new one's are this wider and a curved shape, supposed to make it easier for you to use mid stream bc the test curves backwards towards your body... https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...qAHbZwicduO-_0xpk4t6O5sw&ust=1463542301435726 These are what the "old" one's look like and this is what the "new' ones look like (view from top) https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...qAHbZwicduO-_0xpk4t6O5sw&ust=1463542301435726 AND view from it laying on it's side https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...qAHbZwicduO-_0xpk4t6O5sw&ust=1463542301435726

Now that you say that I lied.. I forgot I also had headaches and bloody nose for two days which never happened in my life. My body has been sore too!!!

I know I've already told you a thousand times how happy I am for you, but I was just re-reading through, bc I got a pop up a new post had been added and noticed you said you have been getting nosebleeds. Just wanted to make sure, that even though it does't happen most of the time, it is completely normal to get nose bleeds early/during pregnancy in general bc of the change in Blood pressure and and blood changing where it goes to. Like when your vajayjay gets swollen bc of all the extra blood rushing to the area. Broken capillaries inside the nose is normal, not only bc of the changes but bc pregnancy can cause your nasal cavities to dry out really bad which combined, causes an increase in nose bleeds. I know during the middle of my pregnancy my nose would dry out so bad it would hurt at night and I would have to take vaseline and rub it inside my nose to get the burning sensation to go away and go back to sleep. I hope you dont have to experience that, or the heartburn..... Lord, I forgot about the HB.... I HAD to have a bottle of mint rolaids on my person AT ALL TIMES, pretty much my whole pregnancy. And I read while I was pregnant that there is actually a little bit of truth that "myth" HB ='s lots of hair on babies head. It said that having heartburn was not a a definitive that your baby would be born with a wig on, but that something about the hormones that are produced when a growing LO in utero is growing hair causes a reaction in your body that can potentially aggravate HB to occur. I'll have to look for the article, it was actually pretty interesting......

ANYWAYS- Now that I've talked your head off, I'm so glad you were able to go to the dr and confirm the tests, I'm hoping that we just so happened to be riding the same horse this cycle and that I'm right behind you. I ordered CB's that will be here tomorrow morning (overnighted them lol) So I guess after holding my pee all day, I could try to test with that last rexall again..... think I should?lol

So yea no more nosebleeds but heartburn yes like crazy!!!! Which pink dye are you talking about the first one or the doctors offices one? And if I was you I would test! Lol

For the ppl that keep buying FRER please look at my thread! Don't give up!

First prenatal appointment and ultrasound is scheduled for June 14!!

Yay!! So happy for you. just posted a new photo after waiting 48hrs to test again with the CB. Not sure what to think.... But I also don't know what DPO I could be. The line in person is blue, came up within 3 mins and sis and hubs both could see it in person....hoping that's a good thing.. BUT all these "blue dye haters" are really making me doubt the tests and getting me down. :(

Don't let anybody steal your joy!! They told Me my blue dye were evaps and look at me now!

Thank you ! :hugs: That makes me feel a little bit better. Can you tell me exactly what happened with your tests? Like when you started testing (dates bc our cycle are almost the exact same) when you BD, thought you O'd, and when you started getting maybe that's something maybe it's not, that's a line but is an evap even though it came up in under 10 mins... The whole thing!!! I want to hear it all lol, that is if you're up for it I think it might make be feel better about my situation. Which BD if you kept track do you think was the one that led to you BFP? and how long from that BD did you get a barely there squinter. I dont understand how all these ladies keep calling "evap" on blue lines that come up in the time frame and are the right width, length, even, and BLUE!!! I thought evaps where what they called a line AFTER the time frame was over and something appeared.....So confused.

Well I had ov bleeding which I never had. Didn't use opk so wasn't even sure if I ov'd. I kept getting shadows with ic at 7dpo so I disregarded them.. I tested at 11 dpo with recall and FRER. FRER was negative recall gave Me something after 10 min. Took FRER 12 dpo negative so my ept came in the mail and I'm a poas addiction so I took it and there it was. + sign... As the days went by they got a tiny bit darker but always dryed faint. The pink dye at 14 dpo was dark and 15 dpo at Dr was even darker.

Well I had ov bleeding which I never had. Didn't use opk so wasn't even sure if I ov'd. I kept getting shadows with ic at 7dpo so I disregarded them.. I tested at 11 dpo with recall and FRER. FRER was negative recall gave Me something after 10 min. Took FRER 12 dpo negative so my ept came in the mail and I'm a poas addiction so I took it and there it was. + sign... As the days went by they got a tiny bit darker but always dryed faint. The pink dye at 14 dpo was dark and 15 dpo at Dr was even darker.

Thank you. That sounds like what is happening to me right now. How are you calculating DPO if you weren't tracking though? Just counting back from last BD? By looking at that hcg calculator I posted the link to I might not get an actual positive until around the 23-25....so we will see. I'm still in limbo. CP super high, getting softer, very closed now, and lotiony white cm and some stuff that looks a lot like what my mucus plug looked like when I lost a bit of it at 6months pregnant with my daughter....I don't like Limbo land. I just want to take a test and it either be neg and move on or get a definitive +!!!! I'm not testing with the last CB I have today, I'm going to save it until the 23rd or the 24th, but I have crap test until then and DG is literally .5 mile from me so I can always go get a Rexall or a 1 cheapie to just 'see". I posted the lat test CB I took on the other thread in PT and was just wondering if the line looked any darker than the other two tests that I had posted....What do you think?

I'm counting from ovulation bleeding day

This thread just made me sad.
All I've read over the years is people not trusting blue dye and that FRER was more accurate for most people...now it seems this isn't the case anymore.

So what exactly should we go with now? EPT? Or just keep using multiple tests until a positive shows up?

Yeah, I don't even have anything like that to use as a reference so I'm really grasping at straws here. lol. Have you happened to check your cervix and CM? If you aren't and don't mind sharing I'd like to know what kind of changes you have noticed.

All I've read over the years is people not trusting blue dye and that FRER was more accurate for most people...now it seems this isn't the case anymore.

So what exactly should we go with now? EPT? Or just keep using multiple tests until a positive shows up?

I don't know. I think that they all are pregnancy tests. FRER isn't forthcoming with their sensitivity, which makes me not like them and they are out right liars on their advertising and marketing. The new FRRR (rapid response) clearly state on the box that it detects more than one form of pregnancy hormone, when I called, they could not tell me what that other hormone was off hand. After being put on hold for 10 mins the CSR got back on the phone to tell me that it tests for hcg. REALLY!??? Well holy crap. There is no other hormone, the packaging is is an outright lie and THEY do know that. Atleast CB is honest and has right in the insert that the test detects levels as low 25mui. So, I don't know..... Equate has a similar test to FRER and CB is a good test, just FOLLOW the RULES. Also, the 1 dollar test at Dollar General (actual dollar general, I don't know about the other stores that are similar like dollar tree, and the dollar store) is really good, it is just as sensitive, 25 mui, and I normally don't have problems with them. Just dont get it out the next day and if you see a line think you are pregnant, bc it is an evap. Other than that they are awesome. Wondfo is supposed to be good too. OSOM is another one I've heard about but they are so expensive I can't even figure out how they are on the market. They are supposed to me highly accurate and be able to detect levels as low as 5mui I think......

Its your choice hun. I just don't trust the new FRER

Yeah, I don't even have anything like that to use as a reference so I'm really grasping at straws here. lol. Have you happened to check your cervix and CM? If you aren't and don't mind sharing I'd like to know what kind of changes you have noticed.
it was weird because at first my cervix was high and soft and then it Blended in with my walls and I couldn't find the hole and my cervical mucus was lotiony but thin

Now ive been mostly dry btw

I don't know. I think that they all are pregnancy tests. FRER isn't forthcoming with their sensitivity, which makes me not like them and they are out right liars on their advertising and marketing. The new FRRR (rapid response) clearly state on the box that it detects more than one form of pregnancy hormone, when I called, they could not tell me what that other hormone was off hand. After being put on hold for 10 mins the CSR got back on the phone to tell me that it tests for hcg. REALLY!??? Well holy crap. There is no other hormone, the packaging is is an outright lie and THEY do know that. Atleast CB is honest and has right in the insert that the test detects levels as low 25mui. So, I don't know..... Equate has a similar test to FRER and CB is a good test, just FOLLOW the RULES. Also, the 1 dollar test at Dollar General (actual dollar general, I don't know about the other stores that are similar like dollar tree, and the dollar store) is really good, it is just as sensitive, 25 mui, and I normally don't have problems with them. Just dont get it out the next day and if you see a line think you are pregnant, bc it is an evap. Other than that they are awesome. Wondfo is supposed to be good too. OSOM is another one I've heard about but they are so expensive I can't even figure out how they are on the market. They are supposed to me highly accurate and be able to detect levels as low as 5mui I think......

Lol. Wow. I hope they get sued for their false advertising and implying something that doesn't exist. That's ridiculous. Thanks for the headsup. I haven't used FRER in over a year so I didn't even know until reading this forum that it changed the product and obviously the packaging. I've seen the Equate for 88 cents so I think I'll just start there. Dollar Tree carries New Chapter so I'll try that as well.

Yea it sucks that something you trusted so much has changed for the worst!! I used the old FRER with my last two pregnancies and worked great! This time they sucked!! It had me depressed thinking I wasn't pregnant and this was my last cycle trying because I was giving up! Gave a blue dye a try the same day of the last negative FRER and a blazing positive with only a 30 min. Hold and diluted pee after that negative FRER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->