Friend coming over who has chest infection?

Sketcher

Reaction score
So Im not having a baby shower, but having a few friends over on Sat. One friend, her hubby is bringing her over, then gonna go off with my OH. Hes got a chest infection hes on antibiotics at the mo.

Id be really silly and pathetic to be worried about that right?

(I wouldn't be getting to near myself)

x

I just had my baby shower and I caught a stomach virus from someone there as did my father in law. I have neevr been so sick in my life! Finally over it and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Being sick is bad but being sick when pregnant was awful!

With a chest infection it may not be contagious but I wouldnt take the chance - maybe mention it to her, ask is he contagious? Just cos the types of antibiotics you can take when prgnant is limited and since you are pregnant your immune system is down on itself anyway. No harm is saying it to her.... If she is a good friend she will understand.
I had a chest infection last year and had a baby shower for my husbands buddys wife and did not go as I would not want to infect others....

I get paranoid by sick people, so personally I would be worried. If I wasnt well I would stay away from pregnant people, I dont uderstand why people think it's ok to go by people who's immune systems are lowered. xxx

I would be worried yes, very worried. I know I am paranoid but the thought of being ill and then maybe going into labour frightens me.

ok now I am worried haha. Hmm I'll work this out. Thank ladies xx

I'm super paranoid too. I work with clients and so many come into my small office sick with the flu etc...it really irritates me. If he is coming be sure to stay away and wash your hands frequently. SOmetimes I eat a clove of raw garlic later on to ward off sickness (I don't know if it works or not, but so far I haven't been sick yet!) Hope it turns out ok!!

For what it's worth, hubby had Pneumonia about 2 months ago (was hospitalised, strong antibiotics, steriods... the works)! Not one dr or nurse was worried about me visiting him. We had a follow-up with his GP a few days after he was released from hospital and hubby was FREAKING OUT but doc said at the end of the day, it would all come down to my immune system. I didn't even get a sniffle!

i would probably not have the visit really.. but then i have a really low imune system and just wouldnt want to get a chest infection (would be horribe for you hun) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->