Friends

i need to vent.
sorry i didnt have to time lately to login often and it will still be this way for the next week until my family comes back.have been really really busy!!
blessed its cd 13 and im still getting negatives :( its frustrating i kinda stopped BDing only once 2 days ago i know its bad and we should be doing it more often but i feel its pointless without a positive OPK! what do u girls think? :(

Mirna - I never got positive OPK's until cd14-15 and O 15 -16. Don't give up its not pointless. If you get one later this afternoon for example BD'ing the previous night or morning would be in the fertile window for sure. Stress can cause you to o later so if you e been crazy busy then that could be why. Sex is also good for stress relief :) go find your hubby and get busy, at least then you'll feel confident that you covered they window :)

Mirna, definitely keep doing it!! You don't want BDing to feel like a job..that is when the stress comes.

I didn't get a positive opk until cd15, even then I wasn't sure it was starting to be positive or I caught the end of the surge. We bd every other day. I felt the same way you do but it all turned out well. I'd say just bd and have fun!

Me and the bf have been together for 2 almost 3 years, been living together for 1.5 years. Omg last night was toooo funny... I gave his mom the gift and he started recording video on his phone so it didn't look like we were recording iykwim and she was like "save this space for october 13...... Baby......October 13....what's octoooooooooooohmygod you're having a baby! I'm going to be a grandma!" haha it was hilarious because it took her a couple of seconds to figure it out. Both of his parents are thrilled. But I was exhausted so I left early that's when they got all weird... Asking the bf if we planned this, how are we going to afford this, why we aren't married, just blatantly rude comments and questions! I was kinda miffed but too exhausted to care. The bf told them that we decided to ditch our birth control and see what would happen... If it happened, like it did, cool, if not, it wasn't meant to be yet. I don't know how they feel about that answer since it seems kinda irresponsible. Oh well!

Morning all!

Mirna, every woman is going to be different, don't give up! I agree with Hopeful that stress can delay O so close your eyes, take ten SLOW, deep breaths and go seduce DH!!! :winkwink: I'm sure you'll ovulate soon. :hugs:

Hopeful, that's great your DH can spot where the roofers weren't doing a good job. I agree that they can be shady and try to cut corners. I love that you guys drive around to get your DS to fall asleep. That's a great thing and my in-laws do that for their very hard-to-handle four year old. Is your roof finished today? It'll be nice to have your home back I'm sure.

ER, that was a wonderful way to tell his parents. I sometimes think about how we would tell ours and then I have to calm down b/c it's so exciting! I'm sorry they asked questions but I'm sure they're just being parents and will worry about you guys. They're going to love being grandparents! :thumbup:

Sugarlys, have you noticed any changes with the Robitussen? That is so cool you went cross-country skiing. K & I back up to a forest preserve that has a 10 mile loop of trails that we'd like to try skiing on but we've only had one snowfall so far and that's all gone! That must be such great exercise and we'd rather be outside than in a gym if possible! :flower:

Tainted, I hope all is going really well with your mom being there and you feeling a lot better. :hugs:

I'm either one or two dpo and I thought of something. I had two 20x20 follicles and it's likely they both were released. That means two corpus luteums --> twice the progesterone?? My TWW symptoms are usually vivd dreams and sore Bbs. I had a very vivid nightmare last night so I'm hoping the bbs don't get out of control painful. That usually starts in the second week. Guess we'll find out! :wacko:

I have to share some wonderful news that I can't really share with other people b/c it's about money. I have been so stressed about how we'd ever be able to afford IVF right now. This past week K found out he's going to get a bonus b/c his company surpassed their 2011 goals. Yesterday, we did our taxes and were shocked to learn we're getting a huge return. The bonus + tax return will cover a round of IVF. :happydance: I'm so happy. It's such a huge burden lifted. I'm still amazed at the timing of this. We are told we'll need IVF and within the same month, we're provided the means to pay for it!!! Thank God.

Hello Ladies thank for reassuring me!! OMG i feel sooooo wonderful when i come around here you girls are my angels honestly i cant imagine doing this without you by my side.
Guess what after i posted that in the morning DH seduced me :p and we did some BDing i was happy and very positive about and felt really good. but at lunch i test and still got a negative!! but now that ive read your posts i feel much better and you're right maybe O is delayed because of stress so ill stop stressing about it!! i was having negative thoughts because last cycle (my 1st on clomid) i got a positive at cd12 it could be different this cycle. even if i didnt get my smiley ill continue BDing every other day till CD20!!

Blessed im soooooooooo happy and excited for you!! thats a HUGE RELIEF!! now you can stop stressing about the money and focus on the positives :hug:

ER Girl what a nice way to tell the parents!!! awwww u just made me sooooooo excited i keep on picturing how will i tell DH and the parents!!

Sugarlys how are you??? whats up with you!!!

oh and hopeful thanks you're so true!! i now feel confident that i got the window covered so ill keep BDing day in day out!! or even everyday if we felt like it!!

Hey ladies!
ER - what a great story of how to tell the in laws! I bet it wasn't easy to hear all the "buts" however, I am sure they will really warm to the idea as time passes. It takes some longer than others. How are you feeling??

Blessed - WOW! You really are "blessed". That must have been so exciting to find out. Maybe with that stress gone you will get pregnant naturally..haha. Can you imagine? I really do think stress prevents a lot. Well, regardless you know that now you can have a good chance either way! Anymore exams coming up? What did you do before you went to med school? Must be so much work!

Mirna - definitely keep it up! :) Fingers are crossed for a positive OPK! What CD are you?

AFM, I am busy making some homemade soup for my lunches this week, cleaning, doing some laundry...getting ready for tomorrow! I plan on maybe having a nap and then watching the Superbowl later on. (Yes, my husband and I are the "bandwagon" types who really only watch the Superbowl...haha). I haven't started the cough syrup yet. I am still 18ish days away from O. I will probably start next week.

sugarlys im on CD13!! i started the syrup 4 days ago! it does make a difference!!
fx'ed for us!

I'm. At work on my cellphone. Remind me to tell you all about my case of pregnancy brain... forgetting my test strips at home and freaking out about losing my ring... (its at home, confirmed with bf)

Right now scents are making me queasy and my tits huuuuuurt. Back to work!

:S Hope you have an okay day ER! Where do you work?
Glad your ring has been located!! :) I lost a mitt the other day and it was a frantic search...haha I hate losing ONE of a pair...might as well just lose both so they can be lost together...good news is I found it! :)

Grr, I am fuming. The roofers came to fix what they tried to get away with and my husband spent his day out ther watching them. When the son (so called foreman) left to get ready for a Super Bowl party, the father (the shingler) and his worker tried to get away with band aiding things again without properly fixing it! And then he tried to lie to my husbands face about it. Plus we witnessed him going and drinking out of his truck repeatedly!!! WTH?
So after my husband argued with the guy yet again he got in his truck and took off.
After my husband left repeated msgs for the son to contact him, business/home and cell number, and he didn't call. I then called and left a very specific MSG saying they are fired and can contact DH for a time to collect their tools. Also they were told not to set foot on the property unless they wish to deal with the police. Why do I have to deal with such drama? So another contractor is coming today to quote and fix the mess that we've been left with.
Sorry ladies, I just really needed to vent. I'm not sure if I want to cry or scream with my hormone right now!
Blessed - that's wonderful you have the cash for the IVF !!! The world works in mysterious ways.
Ersurgeongirl - im sorry they were unsupportive of your choice to have children before marriage. Not everyone is okay with the untraditional modern family. My grandmother was like that, once I got married my man was finally okay with her.

Everyone else, I've not caught up yet, but will talk as soon as I manage to see through this cloud of anger.

ER, I wish I had an excuse for being so forgetful! Hope all is right where your left them and you can remember where that is! :winkwink: How's the continuous eating going? Blood sugars staying good?

Sugarlys, I've done a lot of different things but most of them were in the health care field. I've always wanted to be a doctor but I think as time went on I was afraid of the costs and if I could handle going back to school. I stopped w/ the excuses when a friend said, "You're going to be 40 either way. You can be 40 and a doctor or you can be 40 and still unhappy." That worked.

Homemade soup sounds soooo good! Have a wonderful day at your new job, those kids are so lucky to have you! :thumbup:

Mirna, I hope you get a positive OPK today. But if not, you will soon!!!

Hopeful, I am sorry you have to deal with all this. It's a shame people try to cut corners instead of taking pride in their work. The best thing to do is to let as many people know not to use those guys. In the US you can report them to the Better Business Bureau, especially since they're drinking alcohol and then climbing onto your roof!!! Is there something like that in Canada?

Did you guys see the half-time show? That was probably my favorite show I've seen b/c it was so different. Loved the floor designs. Go Madonna. Great football game too, although I prefer higher scoring games- more exciting.

What's everyone doing this week? The only thing I've got besides school is our meeting with the RE on Thursday. I was researching the success rates of all the fertility clinics in the area, there's a website for the entire country, and our doc is the highest. BUT... he normally transfers 3 embryos. 2/5 women my age had triplets in 2009!!! The other 3 had single births. I have barely wrapped my head around the possibility of twins, I don't think I would take the risk of triplets. I don't even think I could carry them safely to term. I know it increases the odds of one being a sticky bean but would you take the risk of triplets??? :shock:

As far as I've heard transferring 3 is pretty standard proceedure. Most ladies since paying so much for just one chance, want to make it the best chance they can. I hear ya about triplets though! He can probably better explain the odds if he does two instead of 3.

Yes we have better business bureau as well. It's rediculous, but shortly after I wrote that message the drunk father showed up in his van. He never got out. I opened my front door made sure he saw me, shook my head NO and shut the door. He drove off without getting out so hopefully he gets it. I will not hesitate to sick the cops on him. He'd be screwed too as I'm sure they could get him for impaired driving.

Wow Hopeful - what drama! How sad when you are spending so much money..you expect them to do a good job!

Blessed - so true about being 40 regardless!! Triplets, wow. I can't even imagine twins...triplets is just so out of my thoughts. What an unbelievable challenge that would be!! I hope that the meeting goes well...I guess you will get more answers then about the timeline etc!

My first day went great!! I barely had a second to think let alone be bored! Just the way I like it!! I hope everyone else is doing great!!
Tainted - hope you are feeling okay!
ER - hope all is well with you :)
Mirna - positive yet???
Thinking of you girls, thanks for being amazing!!

I'm doing well. I wasn't as forgetful today, yay! I'll check back in soon, I have a ton of homework to do.

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been a little vacant! Mom was here and my computer is acting up...

I caught up mostly but it's hard to read on my phone. Lol!
Things are starting to turn around! I have started eating again! I'm drinking much more than I was and I still throw up but I don't feel sick all day long! Today I worked a long day and I'm super tired!

ERgirl... My boobs hurts really bad until last week!
Sugarlys how was your first day? Busy busy? Everything you'd hope it to be?
Blessed... 3 wow!!! Lol
How are you feeling hopeful?
Mirna. When do you test? I'm really hopeful for you ladies this month!

Oh my dr appt i was offered to test for SB and downs. I chose to! Jus blood work and an ultrasound between 12-14 weeks! I want to do this to prepare myself! Nothing more! I work with brain injury and dependent handicapped clients so I would welcome any baby into my life:)
Ok ok sleepy time
Loves ya girls!

hello hello
still no positive :( i cried my eyes out yesterday and i feel sooo down
im testing at 1 p.m and at night and still nothing m starting to lose hope in regards to ovulation this month!!
We're still baby dancing though (thats the good part :)) and its much better bding than last month! I just wish i had the chance to conceive this month!!
What do u girls think?
Sorry im writing from my phone and its hard to scroll and read all of ur posts and am at work and have no time not even to pee lol
hope ur all doing ok!

Mirna - do you work nights? Seems late to be at work!!
Tainted - good for you...I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that test. Although I am sure nothing is wrong, it is sometimes better to be prepared.

AFM, getting ready for day 2 of work. I love it! Tomorrow night I am heading to Toronto for a big educational conference...the good news is that it is 0.1 km away from the Eatons Centre....SHOP SHOP SHOP!
Have a good day all!

Mirna-keep bd'ing. You might have a very short surge! I know I tested three times on cd 15... 8am was negative 12pm was positive and 8pm was negative. It happened that fast and even then I wasn't sure the positive was positive because it was only marginally darker than the negatives.

I'm up early to do more homework, seems like I can't keep my eyes open past 9pm anymore. Yesterday morning I bought maternity clothes... Motherhood Mathernity online had a clearance sale on last seasons summer stuff plus free shipping and buy one clearance item get one free! Well holy shit! I spent $85 and got one shorts, one dress, and 5 tank tops (really frilly cute ones!). I'll be my biggest this summer so I figured, why not? And the math breaks it down so that everything came out to about 10 dollars each, so I won't feel terrible if the baby doesn't stick... We can try again and I can always wear a cardigan over the tops and leggings under the dress and shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->