• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Friends

ladiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss omg i missed youuuuuuuuuuuu and here sooooooo muchhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was super duper busy these past 2 days preparing for my parents come back and cooking and cleaning the house.
guess what i got my POsitive OPK :)))) BUT we only BD the 2 days preceding it and the day i got the positive and not the day afterwards (it was the busiest day of my life!!!) and today i got a 0.7 temp rise!! from 97.1 to 97.9!! so if im interpreting right i should have ovulated right???
i hope i caught the egg i was so sad that we couldnt bd the next day but its ok at least i know everything is ok!!!
missed you girls all so much i need to go didnt read all of ur news :((( but i will tomorrow for sure and reply to all of you!!!

Hi guys! Our appointment went great. Our doc is just amazing. He shows videos of actual surgeries to help you understand what he wants to do. It was so helpful for me to see what was going on and why I needed it. It was really helpful for Kevin to see that too. He actually showed us a uterine cavity of a woman that had FIVE IVF rounds and never got pregnant and then came to our guy. Turns out, the previous clinic had never looked at her HSG x-rays. Her uterus had lots of tissue just floating around, blocking the lining. He cleaned her out (like he's going to do me) and she got pregnant in the following two weeks, didn't even need IVF!!!!

Ok, this gonna be a long post b/c I'm just trying to sort out how I feel about all this. The main thing is, how badly do we want a baby? I guess I pictured those that do IVF as desperate to have a baby of their own and willing to do whatever it takes. I look inside and I can't say that I'm desperate for a baby. I'm so happy with our lives as they are. I know that is partly due to our ages, but I can totally see just me & K traveling and living our lives just the two of us. So can Kevin. He's fine if we don't have kids. I read some threads where the DH is devastated when they don't conceive, that's definitely not K.

But we both think one child would be great. I think I want one a bit more than K, but he'd welcome a child. So it's on me whether we do IVF or not. He will if that's what I really want, but I can't say without a doubt that it is. I'm having to squeeze in a pregnancy into med school due to my age, I'd have a lot of late nights during 3rd year of med school and also during my residency. This wouldn't be a big deal if it were just me & K but a baby at home would make a big difference.

Here's another thing we learned. With K's sperm numbers, we'd probably get pregnant naturally, eventually. His sperm either swim great or not at all. Weird. So with time, we'd probably get pregnant. Unfortunately, we're starting when most people are stopping and if it took five years, I'd be soo worried about complications from a 40+ year old egg.

So I guess I'm leaning toward doing the IVF but we really don't want triplets!!! I would be terrified for their health and trying to carry three to term. I've learned that's standard practice for a lot of clinics to implant 3 for women my age but we'll have to talk to the doc.. I also terrified myself by going to the "multiples" forum and looking at the baby bumps of those expecting twins. LOL

So I'm sorry for the long post but I just wanted to get my thoughts out. Do we spend around $17,000 to conceive a child if we'd be happy either way???
I'm definitely getting the initial surgery to clean out my uterus, I think that's just a good idea regardless. Wanna know something? I bet we do this. I'd really like to be a mommy. :flower:

ER; I hope you don't disappear too much! :cry:

Hopeful, so glad your rood is getting fixed! :happydance:

Mirna, Hooray for the positive opk! BDing two days and one day before ovulation has the highest percentage for conceiving so I think you're good to go! That's a perfect temp rise and as long as it stays higher (not the exact same temp but higher) for 3 consecutive days, you definitely ovulated.
Welcome back to the TWW! :tease:

Blessed- I'm glad the appointment went so well! I wouldn't worry about having multiples, but idk how you feel about selective termination of the other embryos... that's always a possibility. What do you think about the far future? Will you want a child to care for you when yure elderly? Etc?

ER, that's a really good point about the future. After K got home, he looked at the IVF folder they gave us and was fine w/ it. I really think we're going to do it, it's just so much to take in. I can't see us doing a selective termination after intentionally putting them in. I think we'll just have to take our chances!

How's the paper coming along? I'm glad you can share your experience with your mom, that's really cool.

blessed im glad ur appointment went well!! Im happy that u sound like u have a great great relationship with k!
I think that cleaning ur uterus is the best thing that u can do at the moment!! Cant u give urself a chance for at least one cycle of ttc naturally?? I mean what does ur doc think of this?
As for conceiving multiples well i think that its worthy to take ur chances! Its just my opinion! Think about the future as ER said!! Keep us updated about what u decide to do!

Thanks for ur support im definitly excited and hopeful this month especially that we didnt make a big fuss and pressure about ttc this month since ive been super busy. And i think that this was exactly what we needed
fxed for all of us this cycle!

Sugarlys i dont work night shifts im just at the other half of the world.im in the middle east (lebanon).

Well... I can sleep! It's like 4 am here and I'm thinking about Phil and how much i miss him... I can't believe he is gone for another month!

Blessed... Wow! That's a lot to take in and you are so calm and collected! I'd be a mess... Crying here, being angry at the wrong people! You are a strong lady!! I'll bet that you will get pregnant with IVF and I'll bet it's a singular pregnancy! I can feel it in me bones! But seriously... I'm glad you've worked things out for yourself to make the best decision for you both!

Ergirl glad to hear that everything is well with you and baby! It must be tough to do all this with diabetes! I think I'd probably die the way I throw up and we need to but couldn't ! You're a tough lady!

Mirna! I had no idea you were so far away! And congrats on your OPK! Hey my last one was short and later than normal... Here's hopin for you and Ohhh the tww!!!

Sugarlys how was the conference and the shopping trip?! I hope it wasn't too stressful for you! And I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Hopeful... How are u feeling lately?! Any morning sickness? You are getting to the mark when it's supposed to start right? I read on my app that it's supposed to start around 6 weeks. 6 weeks 3 days for me and bam... Haven't looked back since (actually I look back all the time in hopes I stop barfing soon lol.... Oh how it used to be)

ASF... Feeling a bit lonely these last couple of days! Phil's gone and mom is back to nova scotia! She really didn't wanna go! However I've turned a corner with my pregnancy! I still throw up every single morning!!! But for the most part that is the only time. Except yesterday was a bad day! And I don't feel car sick all day long. I feel like Mariah pre pregnancy.. YOu know the one that laughs and smiles all day long lol!
The baby is getting heavier I presume... I'm peeing about every 2 hours EVEN WHEN IM TRYING TO SLEEP... I dislike getting up to pee thru the night. I am going in 2 weeks for my tests for spina bifida and downs... Say a little prayer that my baby is healthy regardless the ailment!
Ok I'm gonna try to sleep now! Good night ladies!

I hear you about no sleeping Tainted. I have also been up since 4 AM but more because of this stupid roof matter.
They threatened to put a lien on our house if we don't give them the last $900, even though I just had to pay another contractor over $1000 to come basically make the roof okay for now. Now he's telling me our roof won't last because he further investigated and these so called professional roofers put felt paper in lieu on the edges instead of the ice and water guard required. We are now going to take them to small claims court for the fraud they have committed and replacement of the roof cost, as well as any fees we pay along the way. This nightmare is never going to be over :( I'm so sad and angry. Plus I feel guilty I cant control those emotions to take better care of this baby. I just want to be able to enjoy being pregnant, but I can't right now. I'm in tears right now writing this because I feel like a bad mother. But I can't let these jokers get away with this!

I honestly hope I'm spared the morning sickness cause there is. O way I can handle that too right now. I was up till 10:30 filing complaint with the BBB. Today is going to be spent calling Consumer protection agency and getting the paperwork to file for court. This is draining me.

I'm so sorry ladies that I'm sort of self absorbed right now but I hardly even have time to go on here reading comments anymore. I promise I will respond more soon. If I'm a bit MIA I'm not dead, just wishing I was at the moment (kidding).

Blessed - you'll do great with whatever you end up with

Mirna good luck in the 2ww

Surgarlys - hope all is well and :dust:

Ersurgeongirl - keep on top of that blood sugar, baby's counting on you

Sending love to you all

Well good morning ladies! I'm hoping some of you (Hopeful & Tainted) are sleeping peacefully.

Mirna, Lebanon!!! I had no idea. How cool that you're half way around the world and you know about some ladies far away and when they're getting busy! :haha: I think that relaxing about TTC is very important but mostly for your own sanity! FX'd that you guys caught your eggy and this is the month for your sticky bean.
Our ER went over everything, including if we'd like to conceive naturally. One thing we'd have to do is fix my right tube. It was damaged when I was 10 and had an appendectomy, he actually showed us on the x-ray. There's scar tissue at the end of it that would need to be removed for it to function. Another thing is K's numbers. He gave us the amounts of carnitine & one other I can't think of that K needs to take to improve his numbers. I'm going to go get those today. It was so good for K to see his SA results. I think he felt better that the sperm that are moving are grade A swimmers. He just needs to increase how many actually swim! :) So the ER said our chances of conceiving naturally are like once every ten years, but who know when it would happen w/in those ten years. That would be fine if we were twenty but we can't wait that long. The other thing is that between now and July is our window of opportunity to do IVF. After that, I won't be physically available for egg retrieval & implantation for another year. So I'm sure we'll go through with it and just deal with what comes our way. :thumbup:

Tainted, I'm sorry you're feeling bad after such a good streak. Are you going to the doc for regular treatments? Is it time for another one? How much longer until you're in the second trimester??? I bet you miss Phil. A month is a long time but you've gotten through one month already and when he's home you'll have him & $$$ for the baby. :hugs:

Hopeful, don't you worry, you're a wonderful mother! Did you know that babies who are born via C-section are at greater risk for respiratory distress? Know why? It's b/c they didn't have enough STRESS during delivery! Stress causes the secretion of cortisol and cortisol stimulates the production of surfactant. I know that isn't necessary at the moment but I was trying to think of a positive for stress & pregnancy! It can be a good & necessary thing! :blush:
Seriously though, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this. Talk to DH & a lawyer. Absolutely, take them to court. But I'd find out if it would be best to pay them what they are asking for and then get it all back. All of it, the total amount you paid them, what you paid to get it fixed, punitive damages for stress b/c you have a strong case for that as a pregnant woman! That may actually be more than what you can get in small claims court, I say go big! I think you're doing everything you can, just take one day at a time and go get a massage or a mani/pedi. Whatever sounds good to treat yourself.

Ok, time for me to get to the books. Have a wonderful Friday. Kevin is going to be out of town this weekend but I can't go b/c I it's a pre-exam weekend. It'll be good that I just study.

I can't thank you girls enough for letting me get all my thoughts out about what to do. It helps so much! :flower:

hopeful sorry for all the roof drama!!! you're a wonderful mother and its totally normal to get angry at such imposters!! i second blessed in going big!!! its your right be strong and go after them!! i HATE such ppl ughhhh!! i get so mad!!!!!! we have lots of them here!!

Tainted sorry honey about phill being away :( well at least that way when he comes back he'll see you totally transformed without any puking (fxed) and with a relatively big bump :) and we're here for you whenever ur feeling lonely :hug:
blessed yeah i knowww im sooo happy im in touch with you ladies we have no such thing as pregnancy forums here lol and id rather benefit from your medical experience since here they are so careless about the patient they r too materialistic.
your ER sounds amazing i wish i had such a doc here!! am so happy ur deciding to go through IVF!!! so excited for you!! good luck with your studying :)

Thanks ladies. I think I had one of those overemotional pregnant hormonal depressions. I'm okay just frustrated. :) I really appreciate you all letting me vent. :dust: to you three, you know who you are! And no sickness and happiness to us preggo's :)

I'm back!! Had a a great time in Toronto - did some shopping and the conference was so good! I quickly read through everything, but I will write more later!! I missed you guys!!!

Hopeful glad your feeling better!!
sugarlys sounds like u had a good time and didnt stress over shopping.see i knew u could go through this without your phobia taking over you!! my sister lives in Down Town toronto!! id like to go there someday!!

guess what me and my hubby are in the country he had to attend to a job far far away for from the city in the agriculture faculty (he works at the American University of Beirut) and they gave us a guesthouse in the middle of a forest surrounded by plains such nice views but kinda scary at night(i imagine) im relaxing spending the day alone while he works watching some tv and checking on you girls then planing a walk at the sunset around the house.in the meantime im gona try to nap kinda sleepy because of the peacefulness and the silence am not used to that lol

Enjoy the peace and quiet!

So I'm 5weeks today...crazy! I wish I was 8 already though. We finally got a lot of snow here! And I'm going back to bed.... I'm so exhausted

I'm 5w5d today (based on LMP) or more accurate 6 weeks(based on ovulation) !! Yeah.
I think you jinxed me tainted. Felt really queasy this morning, not enough to gag but that constant feeling makes me wish I could just get it over with. Praying this isnt going to become a regular thing :)
DH is annoying me like crazy today, everything he does/says is just hitting a nerve. I know it's prob hormones but man. We got a bunch of snow last night, -12 today with wind chill -21, brrr. I was kind of getting used to no winter.
How is everyone doing today. Nope, it's him, he just interrupted me and insulted me for being short in response. He better tread lightly....

Morning ladies!

Sugalys, welcome back! I'm glad you had such a good time. We missed you. :flower:

Mirna, If you make it all the way to Toronto I think I'm going to have to make a trip up North too! I think it's great you're relaxing in the country. Have a great nap. A sunset walk sounds lovely, what's the weather like over there?

ER, yay for 5 weeks! Boy the time flies and you'll be at 8 weeks in no time!

Hopeful, I bet the stress of the roofers is shortening your fuse even more than hormones normally would. DH better watch out! :growlmad: Can't say I blame you. :hugs:

Kevin leaves for his brother's house tonight for a birthday party for his nephew tomorrow. I'm gonna miss him but will TRY to just STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!

Hey girls!
I had a great time! It has been years since I have been to the Eaton's Centre. I had forgotten that everything is underground! So we went from our hotel to a restaurant, to Starbucks, to the mall and we NEVER went outside!! I got lots of nice things :)

Now I will comment on the past few days...haha
Blessed - I can totally understand your apprehension. I have been there even with wanting kids in general. But then I wondered if I was 80, what would I regret more, not having a career (or the career I could have without kids) or kids. For me it was kids, but that is not true for everyone. The thing is that there is no wrong or right answer. It really depends on the person, although based on others opinion you would think that having kids is always the right answer for everyone.
I hope that you get studying done today!! Does it ever end???

Tainted - sorry that your Mom had to go back...I can't imagine living that far from my mom. Must be hard. How are you feeling today? Do you have to go to the hospital often to manage your sickness? Thinking of you!

Hopeful - wow. How horrible this whole roofing thing is. Its so sad because we trust that ppl are going to do what they say and are getting paid for. Dishonesty bothers me more than anything. I hope you can manage to have a good day and that you and DH don't fight too much!

Mirna - Lebanon?! Wow!! Haha I was totally picturing you in Florida or something. Were you born in Lebanon?? That place you are in now sounds beautiful! What does your dh do for the university? I guess you are now in the stressful tww again! Good luck my friend!

ER- hope you are feeling okay! That is great that your mom was so excited :) Will you eventually found out if babe is a boy or girl? Or do you want it to be a surprise?

AFM, today hubby has gone snowmobiling (poor guy, it is -23 here before the windchill) and I plan on cleaning the house....he is a great man, but a housekeeper he is not!!
I am going to start the cough syrup today...I think I am a week or so before O. Going to start OPKS this week! Getting back at 'er!
Anyway, have a great Saturday everyone!

Thanks ER girl!!

hopeful haha i always take it all on hubby!! poor guys lol but they HAVE to put up with it we already put up with periods,hormones,pregnancies, waxing and lots of things :hugs:

blessed i had a greeeeeeaattt nap it was soo nicee and i walked for an hour outside the views are amazing im in a kind of valey between 2 mountains full of snow and the valley is sunny and no snow so u cannot imagine how the sunset looks like!! breathtaking!! the weather is kinda nice cold like 0 Celsius degrees at night and 15 degrees during the day not that bad!! and no rain for the time being we were lucky this weekend!!

Sugarlys yes i was born here lived for a short while in canada and got back here 10 years ago lol but im planing to go back to toronto as soon as i get the residency!!
my hubby and i work in the IT department so he's here configuring the wireless and all the network systems and all..boring i know but its a nice opportunity to come here and relax.

as for the 2ww well im taking duphaston my progesterone supplement again and its making me eat wayyy tooo much but its ok. im not stressing that much this time. its because am doing new things and enjoying it.
an hour ago i was jumping trying to get on a swing and then i realised what if i was pregnant and the egg couldnt implant because of all the jumping so i passed. do you do this girls?? i mean i dont think it could really affect getting pregnant could it?

Uggg..I tried earlier and it didn't post.

Sugarlys, I'm so glad it was all underground. We could certainly use that in Chicago, BRRRR!!!! thank you for such a great response, I agree that there is no right or wrong answer, just what's best for you. Although that may make it even harder!!! As for the schooling, things are going to get worse until June 4th when I take Step I boards. After that, I'll actually have a life, YAY!!! Had to interview a patient in the hospital today. It is so good b/c it reminds me how much I want to be a doctor.

Tainted, hope you're doing well.

Hopeful, I'm hoping you are having a relaxing, lovely Sunday with your family.

Mirna, that sounds like a beautiful area to spend to with DH. Enjoy! I understand about progesterone and eating. I'm 9dpo and am eating lots of naughty stuff that does nothing but give me gas. :blush:

Hi ER! Hope you're getting a lot of great studying done.

I'm back to my desk for more blah studying. Who wants to learn about all the viruses, bacteria, fungi & parasites that cause GI problems??? No one? Really? Me neither. :winkwink:

Hi ladies!

Still busy studying... Still busy working... Still busy growing my little pumpkin! I do plan on finding out as soon as possible if it's a pink or a blue pumpkin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->