Friends

Yeah for due date Sugarlys! Hope things get moving for you as going overdue is not fun! Have you done anything to help things along?

ER- I'm not surprised he's being guarded considering the peppers were served. He's probably being mindful of anything can be used against him in court, and who knows if he's sought council himself to fight or at least figure out what his rights and chances are. Don't forget she could be pushing him to do something, it may not just be his choice.

I am doing well. Or was until last night, when Ella decided fussing all night was better than sleeping. I think it was just gas issues and shouldn't be ongoing, but man, that was exhausting. She's been up a lot today as well so hopefully to ight we shall all sleep better.

Hey guys! Well its my official due date!! No, I haven't really been doing much to hurry things along, except walking.
I had contractions last night about 10 minutes apart for a few hours but then I fell asleep and they were gone when I woke up. I'm hoping that is a good sign though! Hubby is at work today and is getting very anxious about the whole thing...he's called so often today...
Anyway, hopefully I will have stuff to update before too long!!

Wishing you the best Sugarlys! One day past is when I started labor with my son. Luck! Hope you get to meet baby soon!!!

Hey gals,
Well I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible back cramps...and my stomach was quite upset...the back cramps have stopped but I've been to the bathroom a few times since I got up...maybe a good sign?
I have a dr appt today at 2 so I am happy for that! Hoping to find out if things will be starting or not! Hubby is off for 2 weeks for hunting season, so now would be a great time to have the baby! Luckily he hunts really close to home so I can get a hold of him if I need to...and he comes home at night..lucky :)

Anyway, hope you are all doing well!!

Ooo, that could be a really good sign. Let us know how your appt goes!

2cm dilated, head is very low and cervix is soft (not sure what that means though)

Hey gals!!
Had my baby boy :) I will write more later...I am pretty uncomfortable and sitting is tricky. The basics: his name is Jace Garnet and he was 8 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches long. It was a natural birth but I tore a lot so I have many stitches.
More to come!

Congrats momma and welcome Jace :) I feel your pain about the pain from tears, it sucks but will get better reasonably quick. It was funny, I talked to my sister about it all, how I could take the pain, the minor hemmerhoids, the swelling, but what I feared was pooping. She laughed when I told her, then said 'I know what you mean 100%! I cried for the first two weeks whenever I had to poop, before even going. We all go through it, but we survive and are stronger for it'
I hope you are getting some sleep and he is eating well :) xo

IMG_4811.jpgHere is my baby girl Ella Sophia. Sorry it took me so long to post this.

Adorable! Well, today is one of the first days I can sit on a chair to go on the computer.

So, I went into labour last Tuesday at 1:30 am but stayed at home until 11am. Got to the hospital with contractions 5 minutes apart. Was 2 cm at 12. Went in the bath, on the birthing ball and by 4:30 I was 8cm. At that point I had some fentalyn and an epidural. However, the epidural only froze half of my one leg so I did another 6 hours of labour without it. By 10:00 the dr came back to fix the epidural thank goodness and I had it in time for pushing. He was stuck and so they needed to use the vacuum. I tore quite badly and have many stitches (I didn't dare ask how many). It was the most surreal experience I have ever had and I felt like I wasn't in my body, but that I was floating above it watching it all happening.

I was in the hospital for 3 nights because they wanted to make sure he was latching properly before they discharged us. We have been home since Friday and it has been quite the adjustment. I have learned so much about myself and my husband since. My husband is unbelievable with Jace. He has so much patience and looks at him with such love...I am going through the stage where I still feel detached from my body (I don't think it helps that it hurts to nurse or to pick him up). His sleep is starting to adjust and he is back at his birth weight so he is getting enough while breastfeeding. I guess I just expected all these things to come easily...didn't think breastfeeding would feel like a chore and I feel guilty at times for resenting it. I also didn't expect to be so up and down with my emotions. I am so happy at one point and the next I wonder how I will ever be equipped enough to raise a child. I know this is all completely normal and my hubby has been great to talk to.

I have had so much support from both our families with meals and them coming over so I can nap etc.

Anyway, enough bad stuff. Jace was born healthy and is such a happy baby. I am just happy it is not this time last week :)

Hoepful - Ella is ADORABLE! Hope you are doing well! How the heck do you do this with 2!???? I hear you about the pooping...luckily it has been working well for me so far...I have been amping up on the bran and veggies.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
Sugarlys- do not think you are alone. Breastfeeding is a chore and the most difficult one at that! It's conflicting when the thing that gives you pain and takes away your time and is just life sucking in general, is the best thing and providing life to your LO. I will tell you once you get past this stage it's a beautiful, not painful and really convenient thing. It will turn around it'll just take loads of your willpower and family support to get there.
Out of all of us we had two surgeries, lots of tearing and stitches, two failed epidurals, omg, where are the normal birth stories??? Are we a lucky group of girls,lol (sarcasm)
As for emotions, I have the anger issue at times, not severe or dangerous. They say it's a sign of postpartum stress disorder but mine is very rare so I don't think it classifies. Totally normal to be dealing with the baby blues. Welcome to more hormonal hell. We are here to listen :)
He's super cute!!!!

Okay, had to share.
I put a blanket in the dryer, wrapped my girl after feeding her, it made her dozey, put her in her bassinet awake and she is now sleeping peacefully! I have space and no baby in my bed! Woo hoo. Now if someone could shut my husband the hell up with the snoring I'd be good. Oh and if I was sleepy enough to actually sleep! Go figure.

Ooh that's a good idea, Hopeful!

Things are going pretty well...Jace is sleeping for blocks of 4 hours at night which is great. I honestly feel like all I do is breastfeed him. Hubby gets the snuggle time and then I get the feeding. Also, I feel like hubby has bonded so much more with him than I have. I can be holding him and he is just screaming but the second hubby gets him, he calms right down.

Yesterday was the first day I ventured out to the grocery store by myself with Jace. It went well! He slept the whole time in the car, in the shopping cart and all the way home. Felt so good to get out! My stitches are still tugging a bit and feeling sore. Hopeful - how long until you couldn't feel them anymore? I am just so paranoid about them getting infected!

Anyway girls, my mom and sister are coming over shortly and I am going to decorate the house for Christmas while they look after baby. Hope you are all having a great Saturday!

I'm glad the outing went well!

I return to work tomorrow! I'm so excited!

The bad part? My milk is disappearing. I don't produce much and it's getting to be less and less :( I'm lucky to pump half an ounce while using fenugreek and blessed thistle.

That's not good ER! Do you pump after each time you breastfeed?

Sugarlys- outings that seem so small are a big deal with babies :) congrats.

I had my 6 week pp checkup, and I've been cleared for landing...lol. All is apparently healed, we had the birth control talk and things are good. Ella has been having some spit up issues and a couple projectile incidents. Seems better today but keeping a close eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->