From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

I love the vibrator advice!!!

As for bed sharing, I know I would enjoy it, but I have too much anxiety to try until DS at least has the strength to roll over. I'm currently sleeping in a bed next to the crib. And I also reach my hand in to calm DS when he's fidgeting. It works very well. Good luck to all with however you choose to do things.

Haha!

I have fibrous breasts so have had a horrible time with clogged ducts for the entirety of my breastfeeding experience. The vibrator is the ONLY thing that resolves it essentially immediately. Vibrate breast while pumping and bam, not only is the clog gone but you'll get so much milk coming out that you'll be able to freeze a nice stash too. :)

Poor you 3chords, it sounds painful. Luckily I never suffered when bf my dd, although she clamped my nipple for ages and we had thrush, sooo painful. It's good you've found a cure!!

Star has your duct cleared now? Hope all ok.

I've got my scan on Friday, really nervous now. My last scan was at 9+6 and all was ok then but the last few days s I've had a nagging lower back ache which I had with my mmc so of course I'm petrified. X

Poor you 3chords, it sounds painful. Luckily I never suffered when bf my dd, although she clamped my nipple for ages and we had thrush, sooo painful. It's good you've found a cure!!

Star has your duct cleared now? Hope all ok.

I've got my scan on Friday, really nervous now. My last scan was at 9+6 and all was ok then but the last few days s I've had a nagging lower back ache which I had with my mmc so of course I'm petrified. X

My RE told me that if a scan is okay at 9weeks then there is a 95% chance of live birth!

It's fone not thank you all, got worse in the night but once I fed her and bent over a bit doing so and
Massaging the hard area it cleared

Mrs w, how did the scan go?

Thanks first, I know the chances are usually good, just praying I'm in the 95% and not the 5%!

Star - it's not till Friday x

Ohh yeah for some reason I thought you meant Fri just gone, when is your due date?

I've started madeleine on 1-2 bottles of anti reflux milk and breastfeeding too, I'm worn out with the constant rounds of feeding and bringing it back up
She's putting on weight fine but thats because I always feed her again if shes been sick so hopefully giving her one at bed time will help settle her more

How are you all?

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the well wishes, had the 12 week scan yesterday and all was well!! Such a big relief to see baby wriggling and dancing around in there! I thought I would be confident once I had the scan though and I still feel really nervous. Hoping once I can feel baby moving around I will feel better?!

Star - hope the new feeding plan goes well. As long as you are both happy and shes gaining weight its perfect! x

Hows everyone else doing?

x

Mrs W - I also found the time between 12-16 weeks to be stressful because I didn't feel the baby move (and I gather 16 weeks is super early for a first time pregnancy, especially with an anterior placenta). Luckily my OB gave me a requisition for weekly ultrasounds - I didn't go every week but anytime I felt like I needed reassurance I'd go.

We are doing well. I was really worried I'd give Henry my cold but so far so good. He seemed a tiny bit snotty and had a few coughs the last couple of days but nothing major. So yay!

Glad the scan went well Mrs W! I was exactly the same, thought I'd relax after it but still couldn't. I was almost 24 weeks before I felt her move for definite so I was a wreck until then. They do like to make us worry lol

We're doing fine, loving this age and how alert and smiley lo is. Hope everyone is well xx

Great news Mrs w! Will you be finding out the sex?

Thanks ladies. It seems like the more times I mention it, other say they felt or feel the same after their 12 week scan. I don't remember feeling so cautious with my dd but I guess I've been through a lot since then. Star - dh wants to so probably, we didn't with dd and I'd rather not but he is adamant this time!

3chords - glad Henry is ok and hasn't got your cold so far touch wood, so hard when they are poorly and so tiny.

Cmo - it's a gorgeous age, I love it as they get more alert and aware, so cute!!

Hi ladies, I'm still just as rubbish at keeping up on here. Mind you, it's a struggle finding time to eat and shower at the moment anyway!

Glad to hear you and your little ones are all doing well and a big congrats to Mrs W :)

Star, Madeleine seems to be going thru similar things to Darcy. Our gp picked up on thrush on his bottom too and we're really suffering with vomiting at the mo. He vomits a lot during a feed and for hours after and he's dropped a few weight percentiles with it so got gp visit in the morning :( He's had a cold, then his jabs, and then another cold so I'm hoping it's just becoz he's been poorly but I've suspected reflux problems for a while now. Let me know how you get on with the anti reflux milk as we nearly bought some the other day. Apparently it stinks lol!

How are you all getting on with routines? I keep feeling the pressure to establish one before he gets into bad habits but he's so little. We're getting better at putting him down around 7/8pm (although usually off to sleep in our arms first), he wakes for a feed at 11 or 12 and then seems to sleep until 5am or 6am if we're lucky. Feels like heaven compared to the early weeks. He is starting to have just a few short naps of 1/2 hour during the day now so I struggle to get anything done lol!

Did someone say they had sorted a passport for their lo already? Did you do the photo yourself and if so how did you print it the correct size?

Pancake day tomorrow...yum yum!! ;-) x x

Star - sorry I missed your question last time I posted, yes probably! We didn't with my dd we wanted the surprise but dh wants to this time. I think he'd like a boy so would like to prepare but also it's easier to plan and get ready if we know so we probably will.

Bump - sorry to hear about Darcy dropping percentiles. I'm a big believer in mums instinct so if you think it's because he's been poorly it probably is that. The health professionals are so keen for them to stick to exact guidelines but they are all different and a few weeks unwell can easily make any of us drop some weight, as long as it's not drastic or long term I wouldn't worry. I got my dd passport done at a shop when she was about 5 months old, much easier than trying to do it yourself. X

Bump, anti reflux milk is so much better, I'm still breastfeeding too but use the formula 2-3 times a day such as second morning feed when she is usually quite sick and the bed time feed
It's a pain as you have to boil water, wait 45 mins to cool then mix in formula and wait 7 mins to thicken also if they don't drink it it's a waste as goes really thick
If I go our I take boiling water in tommee tippee bag and by time need it tends to be close to right temp and put formula in milk dispenser
Some people boil water night before put half the amount you need in each bottle and refrigerate when cool then top up with the other real of boiling water to save the 45 min wait
I don't use it at night as I find her sickness not as bad, maybe because she falls back asleep quite quick

We don't have a routine apart from getting to sleep and bed by 10, sometimes she will sleep 6-7 hours straight, other times 3 hrs then up for feed then another 2-3 hours if we're lucky!
Had a few bad nights where she will sleep but just not settle when I then put her down!
We've got a chicco next to me cot which is so good,the crib was too narrow and moses basket to small, I don't have it attached to bed and have the side up but it's just so wide, perfect size for how she is now and got it for £70 3 months old!

I got her passport photo done on frame lizard website, they're so helpful, if the photo isn't right you can keep emailing another til it is
You have to use a good quality camera /mobile camera though, I used my sisters iphone as mine wasn't good enough at the time
Was so hard to get it right!
We sent off passport form.on weds afternoon and gad it back Monday morning! Also got her child benefit coming in now which helps

For the rash I use timodine from.dr and from first application the rash cleared! The anti fungal cream.was useless, my niece had awful awful nappy rash and went through countless creams and soon as she used timodine it cleared, such good cream!

Hope that helps xx

With the photo they send it to you correct size and make sure it's right lighting etc

I also got a passport photo done but in Canada the rules are very strict, you have to go to a professional studio, has to be lit a certain way, with white canvas background, baby can't have mouth open, can't smile, can't look sideways, etc. Henry's photo is absolutely hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->