from bonfire babies ttc to july bumps due!!

I agree Donna!! Paternity leave should be much longer! I kept thinking thank goodness I was ill on a sunday!!

Just had Dylan weighed, 13lb 5oz, at 3 weeks adjusted age, so he's off the chart!!

Well this is a flying visit, haven't had lunch yet and have our antenatal class reunion tonight! Should be fun!

xxxx

Good weight gain Little Dylan -well done mummy!!

Enjoy tonight Liz xx

Nat -I have been looking into the EASY thing / baby whisperer -going to give it a go myself -is it working out okay for you??

xx

Evening!!

So sorry for going AWOL, after 3 hours arguing with them yesterday we still don't have any Internet!! I'm going to my mums tomorrow to have my highlights done so I will do a proper post & update but in the meantime Donna I am loving the EASY routine, have you got the baby whisperer book?

It's a fab read but if you'd like me to email you the main valid points and the forum website seems to be fab, I can't wait to get on line and navigate it properly not on my phone!

It really started to be easier when she turned 3 weeks as she is able to stay awake for an hour now, so we do up at 7 for an hour, nap 8-10 awake til 11, sleep 11-1 then awake for an hour and nap 2-4. Then awake til 5/5.30 when she has a 'catnap' til 6pm when you start bedtime routine, so bathtine at 7pm and in bed for 7.15pm. Then at 8pm she has a 'dream feed' with another 'dream feed' at 10pm. She then usually sleeps til about 1.30/2am and then sonewhere between 6.30/7am.

Hope that makes sense! Hubby and I had a huge chat yesterday & things are a lot better :) sorry to not reply to anyone individually, I promise I will tomorrow! Xxxxx

Hi Nat - any tips on baby whispering / EASY gladly accepted hun. I don't have the book, have just been perusing babywhisperer forum for tips. I am only looking to follow the principles at the moment , not actual strict regime as I am still feeding on demand as such, but did manage to get Dawson to go 3 hrly yday on a couple of occassions... and he slept 3hrly ALL night too- that was prob a fluke lol but yay for sleep haha

Only thing is, Dawson tends to be awake for ages early evening lol - last night was awake from 5pm til about 9pm lol- not sure how that can fit in lol but he would NOT go to sleep lol.

Waiting patiently on HV coming this morning then off school clothes shopping with the kids. Oh fun lol!!! Can I get??? Can I get??? Can I get????

xxx

its giving baby a top up feed when they dont wake naturally for it, so there kind of still asleep and in theory should sleep for longer periods, I dont think you can do it breastfeeding tho I think you need to express or bottle feed x

Evening ladies,

I'm really sorry I never posted yesterday but my hairdresser was late to my mums so it all turned into a mess as I didn't have enough bottles with me or Nything!

Anyway...sorry not to give any baby whisperer info yet, I'm still only on my phone...I just wanted to see what you all think about how I am feeling (sorry to be self indulgent!)

I feel a bit down, not too bad but a bit, really only towards my hubby, a lot of things can make me well up & I know I'd I let myself I would most likely have a really good cry. This seems nuts as Ruby is such a good baby & hardly fussed or anything but I'm wondering if it is baby blues or just the sleep deprivation getting to me?

Anyway, your thoughts on it just being at te 5 week mark so a bit emotional or something more? Thank you and sorry to bang on! Xxx

Evening ladies,

I'm really sorry I never posted yesterday but my hairdresser was late to my mums so it all turned into a mess as I didn't have enough bottles with me or Nything!

Anyway...sorry not to give any baby whisperer info yet, I'm still only on my phone...I just wanted to see what you all think about how I am feeling (sorry to be self indulgent!)

I feel a bit down, not too bad but a bit, really only towards my hubby, a lot of things can make me well up & I know I'd I let myself I would most likely have a really good cry. This seems nuts as Ruby is such a good baby & hardly fussed or anything but I'm wondering if it is baby blues or just the sleep deprivation getting to me?

Anyway, your thoughts on it just being at te 5 week mark so a bit emotional or something more? Thank you and sorry to bang on! Xxx

Hi Nat - :hugs::hugs: Sorry you are feeling down hun - to be honest I think it's probably just a combination of hormone fluctuations, sleep deprivation and the huge change of couple dynamics that is playing its part on you hun. But talk to yout Health visitor about it just incase it is developing into something more serious. Post natal depression can affect ANYONE and not jsut ppl with fussy babies or bad labours etc so please speak to your HV who can assess this properly - you'll be due your 6 week poatnatal check soon too, so the GP should be assessing for pnd too.

However, As good as men can be when babies come along; it no way changes their life as much as the mums!!!!!! You have gone from being an indepenedant working woman to fulltime carer /mum, being at home fulltime, probably spending more n more time with baby talk rather than adult conversation and revolvong your life around baby feeds, nappy changes and sleep routines.Whereas daddy goes back to work, back to social interventions with colleagues etc and it IS hard in the first few months. Hope you are okay hun, speak to your DH about how you are feeling, and your friends, mum, family - you are needing a wee bit tlc just now :hugs::hugs:

Hope you have a better day today xx

:hugs:Oh Nat,

I'm sorry you are feelin a bit down! I know i'm not speaking from experince but lots of my friends felt just like you after the birth of their first babies.

I echo what Donna said!

Sending massive hugs your way flower x x x x x

sending you my love Nat! your bound to be more emotional anyways post-baby!! You might just be letting out your frustration from BT on dh?? I know I'd be disgruntled if I wasn't online properly for more than a week or so!! It is like our connection with the outside world when we're not out and about, and if you don't have it you might feel a bit stranded in your lovely new house while dh goes out to work etc!! Hope your feeling better today!!! x xxxx

For those of you still breastfeeding -are you still demand feeding? And when did you start trying to incorporate some routine? - or did it happen itself?

I find DJ will feed every hour still, if I let him lol; even through the night I am lucky if I get 2 hours without him looking to be fed.

I had problems getting my milk supply established so dont want to do anything to discourage my supply plus I think I may of been having an oversupply problem (too much foremilk, due to letdown of hind milk being slow) - as DJ was having lots of baby acne, frothy explosive pooey nappies and seemed to be hungry or feeding all the time.

I done block feeding for a few days and it seemed to help(DJ even went 3 hrly) , then my HV advised me against it as she still thought both breastss at each feed was better so I listened to her... and went back to square one with a very hungry disgruntled baby , frothy nappies baby acne again aarrgghh!!!! Just don't want to do it wrong lol- any advice ladies??

xx

I'm still demand feeding Donna, we have not really got a schedule at the minute and I feed when does the woodpecker head bob ;) It tends to be anywhere from every 1-3 hours during the day and then every 3-6 hours at night. It used to be every 3 hours during the day but recently he's going through another growth spurt!! xx

Thank you so much girlies, I really appreciate it, I feel we have made some progress today, we had a big chat & I said he was making me feel like he didn't even like me anymore, he apologised & said he knows he has been off but he's tired.

This is what is grating on me as I never wake him in the might so apart from the silky foxes waking us one night this week he has been fine with a solid 8 hours! I asked him yesterday if he would do the feed middle of Sat night & he said no, I explained this makes me feel like I have no support so I think he's realised!

My Mum hit the nail on the head today when she said had anyone asked me up to 6 weeks ago I would have said he would win father of the year, and so it's been a shock to the system that it hasn't gone that way.

He is watching the Arsenal game on Sunday & promises me that's his last drunken Sunday in the pub so I hope he stays to his word!

I spoke to my friend whose baby is 10 days younger & my parents & I feel a lot better, thanks girlies to you as well!

Donna sorry I can't help with b'feeding. I hope you get it sorted!

I'm chilling in my first bath since Roo was born, it's lovely!!

Nina thanks for the support, good to know I'm not alone in cracking up!

Liz - you are so right with the Internet thing! It makes such a difference, they claim I will have it by Wednesday!!

Lori & Chelsie hope you & your gorgeous girlies are ok xxx

Hey ladies, sorry i haven't been on in a while again!
Ad i haven't managed to catch up on the thread yet as only just got home.
Feeling a little blue at the moment :(.
Me and hubby keep arguring for no reason and i know alot of it is to do with the fact that i feel so so so lonely. I moved camps when i was 8 months pregnant so didn't really get a chance to meet people when i got here and don't really have many friends as all my friends are still over at High Wycombe.
I've been going home down to my parents alot just purely to get some company from friends and family down there. Makes me feel alot better when i'm around people.

Sorry to bitch ladies. Macie is doing well and i am still breastfeeding woop woop, and feeding on demand :). She is sometimes sleeping better at night hehe. Got HV on monday and can't wait to see how much weight she has gained. :)

Hope all mums and bubba's are all good. I will take some time out this weekend to catch up on everything :)

Love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi my beautiful Mummy friends,

How are you all? Hope your babies are all thriving!

And I hope you've all still got your fingers tightly crossed for me x x x x

hello my lovely! I do check in with you daily from my phone, Wednesday can't come soon enough so I'm on line!! Got absolutely everything I can crossed for you & Ruby & I wished on a star for you last night!!

Hope you are all good too ladies xxxx

Hi! We're good here! Hubby on night shifts now so I'm all alone with sleeping Dylan!! He's doing 7pm to 7am until thurs night/ fri morning. We've started co-sleeping at the moment and theres plenty of room in the bed for just me and little dyls! he's just outgrown his moses basket and his rooms not ready for him!! need to set up his angelcare monitor and we still need to get some bedding for the cotbed as I think I prefer bedding to the sleep cosy things.

so please vote, which one should we get!! theres 20% off at mothercare at the mo online so going to make use of it!!
humphreys corner to match our changing mat https://www.mothercare.com/Humphrey...ng=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=339185031&mcb=core

or new adventures, think its a new line? not sure... https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ng=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=435191031&mcb=core

love the bright colours on both so thinking humphrey to match the changing mat, but my first adventures doesn't have a changing mat!?

xxx

I'm gona vote Humphreay but only cos I'm biased as that's what Roo has!!

Liz- have you & hubby DTD yet? We did yesterday morning & now I've got a little but of pink bleeding?xx

:blush::blush: yup hehe, around week 7 we took the plunge after trying unsuccessfully in week 6! Didn't get any spotting, or maybe I did, I'm not sure as I was spotting for a couple days but now forgot when that was in relation to dtd... but I'm sure thats normal when things go poking around up there :haha::haha:

O and I forgot to say I had an ultrasound yesterday to check my cyst!! Its still there :cry::cry::cry: so will prob get referred to gynae and get scanned again in six months.... but it was a bit surreal getting scanned again, and there was a moment when I thought she was going to tell me something.... she was scanning around and taking measurements, and then she was like, 'so how long since you've given birth', ' have you had your period yet'.... I was like omg, theres another one in there already!!! lol, but I guess she was just making small talk!!

xxxx

Hehe don't blush, it was so what we needed after 5 weeks!! I was terrified I must admit!

Thanks though, glad it's normal! Any idea when to expect the dreaded AF? Oh it's been so nice nit having a period in so long!

Fab news about not having any more cysts, you poor thing! I don't blame you for worrying!

Well it's all go tonight...at 1pm today a mans body was found in a house in my parents road!! Ronnie Wood rents the old semaphore tower there too, a 56 year old woman has Been areested which we are speculating could be his wife. It looked like a CSI scene all cordoned off & forensics etc! I hope it isn't anything to do with his wife, he has been exceptionally cruel to her over the years so it would be a real shame to have resulted in this.

Anyway, must sleep! Love to all xx

hello my lovely! I do check in with you daily from my phone, Wednesday can't come soon enough so I'm on line!! Got absolutely everything I can crossed for you & Ruby & I wished on a star for you last night!!

Hope you are all good too ladies xxxx

Aw I love that you and Rubes wished on a star for me! That's so lovely :hugs:

kisses :kiss: to Ruby Roo x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back