From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

First day of daycare over here while I go to my dentist and eye dr appts. I love the ladies there already, I have a feeling he's going to have a great day there. At least I keep telling myself that to make me feel better about leaving him.

MrsP, I love the name! Can't wait to hear your birth story :)

daydream - I hope Harrison has a great day at daycare! I'm sure they will take good care of him and he will be a happy little boy at the end of the day.

Thanks ladies! The bbs no longer feel like rocks, she's been feeding well today, & nips are less sore, yay! x

Mrs P, so happy to hear! Penny was my grandmother's nickname, and we almost chose it for Rosa...love the name Penny Elizabeth, it's graceful and classic.
I found the first week of bf that lanolin really helped...haven't had to use it since.

So happy for your bbs mrsp :haha:

Daycare went great! So good to see all of H's buddies there too. 3 friends' babies go to the same place :) I'm so happy and it was nice to have time to myself

Glad to hear you are settling in to mummy hood mrs P and bf is going well. Lovely name

Daydream - great news your first daycare session went well :)

I also love the name, MrsP! Congeats again! My nipples were also hard and sore at first, but lanolin helped and I didn't need to use it for too long, bbs got used to it.

Daydream, glad daycare went well, it's great you know other moms there and H gets to socialize with their kids.

AFM, excited to have my family visiting. I feel like I'm on vacation. Things get done before I even think about it, mom will do laundry, dad will cook and brother mop the floor. They all also want to get some time with the baby and holding her is now a privilege. I'm a bit bummed about breastfeeding. I've been having some issues and was prescribed steroids for 20 days, which means I have to pump and dump and feed her formula. We got an electric pump, but to be honest I expected a better performace. I have some questions for the girls who also pump. What kind of pump do you use? How long is each session and how much milk do you get during that time? Also, how many times a day do you do it? I would just like some reference because so far it seems like my manual pump has more suction and collects milk faster than the electric one on full speed and suction.

Daydream - So glad daycare is going well, and you're so lucky to have friends with kids around the same age in your area.

Katie - That's great that your family is so helpful! I worry that some people in our families will get in the way more than be helpful when they're around. Others I know would be super helpful!

Sorry to hear you're having to pump and dump. I'm interested in what others say about their pumps as well. I just got a Dr. Brown's double electric pump, and I'm curious how well it will perform (obviously I'll have to wait awhile to find out).

I get about 4 oz in ten minutes using my medela manual pump...

I have medela pump in style advanced. I only pump in the mornings right now, I get between 8-10 oz total in 15-20 minutes (usually watching TV so not paying attention). Yesterday while he was in daycare I did pump in the afternoon, got 5.5 oz total in 15 mins. From what I've heard from my friends this is abnormally a lot

Do you ladies the the medela? I think my insurance covers that pump 100% any advice is helpful as I am still in the decision making process as to which brand to use!

Beautiful name, penny Elizabeth! Little baby P :). And hang in there with the bf! Lanolin is great. As are the gel soothies.

Glad Harrison enjoyed daycare! I hope u avoid illness better than we have!

I use medela advanced double electric. My insurance chose it for me since it was covered. I had a choice between that and an ameda, but the lactation consultants recommended the medela.

I get way more milk in the am right after waking. About 5 oz from right and 3.5 from left. Then when I get to work I pump once in am and once in pm. Get 4 from right and 2 from left each session pretty much, maybe an ounce total less in pm session. I pump way more than gabby can drink tho. This is in about 10 min of pumping. A friend also pumps 10 min and gets 2.5 oz from each bb.

Almost - yes I love my medela. I use all medela accessories except I use the lansinoh freezer bags, they're much better

Chloe - gosh I know I'm just waiting for all the illnesses to start. They just had to revise their sick policy bc I guess everyone kept getting sick so now no sick kids allowed there but even then I'm sure things will spread

I was just reading back in our old spotting thread around pages 190, so happy to see so many either pregnant now or with our babies. It all seems so long ago now. I must say I'm sad we had to go through TTC for that long but really happy to have gone through it. I appreciate this so much more, understand my body better and am really so happy in my skin knowing I had such a beautiful and successful pregnancy. Plus if we had gotten pregnant earlier then it wouldn't have been with THIS Harrison. He was worth the wait :)

(Feeling a bit nostalgic and sappy this morning as I cuddle my LO)

Also I'm coming up on my anniversary of conception. March 28th :). Technically one year ago today I was 5 days pregnant :haha:

Aww daydream, how lovely! I know it's nice looking back over the thread, especially to your own BFP announcement, sooo special. And yes your Harrison wouldn't be the same if it was any different place or time or sperm! :winkwink: x

Daydream, so glad daycare was a success and how great to have friends with babies around the same age. Also, I understand what you mean by it being worth the wait and because of it you have the Harrison! It 'only' took me 10 months to concieve, but I was starting to get really depressed. I talked to my aunt about it because it took her two years to concieve and she said what you did. It was hard at the time, but she wouldn't have it any other way know because she has the perfect son. He's 22 now.

Katie, I hope you enjoy your family time! My mother and her husband are still living here. It's great to have our laundry and the dishes done (it would be nice if she cooked dinner too), but I am ready for them to get out of here. We have some renovating (removing wall paper and painting etc) to do before the baby comes and we need them gone to do it. We might need to tell them they need to leave soon. Not looking forward to that conversation.

Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you. This is such a great thread for me to learn about what I'll really need when the baby gets here. I love hearing all the day to day stuff...

MrsP, still waiting for a picture/birth story! I do know how hard it i to get on the computer in those ealy weeks, tho. Hope all is going well for you and that you are getting some sleep!

Hope you are all progressing well with the pregnancies and feeling geat! Anyone plannng a babymoon? If not, you should! :) I went to Costa Rica for mine, and it was great!

Happy Conception day, daydream! I don't know when mine was, but my bfp was 4/10, so I will celebrate that :)

Gabby is 4 months today. 1/3 of a year! Man does time fly. She is getting strong ab muscles and wants to lean forward all the time. And she is getting close to rolling over from back to front. And she is finally starting to grab toys, look at them, and put them in her mouth. She is still a good sleeper but is waking up a tad earlier now, about 430-500 am to eat then goes back to sleep. She has had a few nights of waking at 1030 & 230, but luckily they are just to eat or be cuddled, and then she falls back asleep. As much as I love to cuddle her, i prefer to do it during the daylight!

Happy Easter to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->