From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Chloe - yay for four months! I'm glad she's still sleeping well. H gave us a few ten hour days, we were shocked! Last night though he woke up twice and I think it was because we put him down around 7:30 when normally he gets to sleep around 9. We talked to his dr today and he said anywhere between 7-9 is normal so I'm going to stop stressing about trying to get him down earlier and let him do what is coming naturally. He also got his second round of vax today. He cried but then I nursed him and now he's been napping ever since. He's 14 lbs 3 ounces, 60 percentile. His height he's in the 40 percentile.

And yes one year ago today we had our IUI and made this little guy! Amazing how far away it feels.

happy 4 months to gabby-she is a beauty!! look at that pic ahhh it makes me melt!!! =)

afm 31 weeks today-getting very antsy to meet my son.....roll on April, then roll on due date in may hehe!

Hi ladies how are we all? Sorry I've not been on much, Penny takes up far too much of my time now. I go on facebook & the news sites in middle of the night when feeding but avoid bnb as i hate reading & running. I'm almost finished my birth story which has ended up almost an A4 page long! :wacko: You might want to grab a cuppa when I get round to posting it! :coffee: Penny is doing well, she's 6lb4, thankfully put on 3ozs since last weigh in as prior to that she'd lost an oz over 6 days so they were a little worried when she wasn't gaining. They've suggested I express to top her up. I've got an electric pump I just need to figure out how to use it :winkwink: x

Glad penny is doing well! We are great over here. H is just surprising us everyday with his new skills, babbling away, rolling over. We have been reading books to him every night and he is just so alert watching the pages and looking at all the pictures.

We have had a bit of a regression with the easy bedtimes. I knew it wouldn't last. Sigh. He's still sleeping well once he finally goes down, it's just rough when it went from 8pm back to midnight ..

MrsP can't wait to read your birth story - what pump did you go for?

Daydream I found as soon as I thought JJ and I had a routine it would all change again.

I'm feeling rubbish at the moment, JJ has been ill for a week with high temps that been back to doctors for more antibiotics. We've both been up during the night etc. I've now hit bad upset stomach past two days from eating poorly lack of sleep and sore throat and thoroughly hormonal

Jellycat - I hope both you and JJ feel better soon :hugs:

Hope you're feeling better soon jellycat. I'm using the tommy tippee closer to nature electric pump my BFF gave me but I'm not impressed so far! I assume I'm doing it wrong as I've sat for over 2hrs & only got 2ozs! :dohh: better than nothing I guess!

Aw daydream it must be so nice he'll be a real little character. Sorry he's being a tinker with his bed times

X

Btw ladies have you found you've been constipated when bf'ing? I am & I'm sure I heard bf can cause it :shrug: x

I haven't but I have oatmeal every morning.. Gets things going. Also my dr prescribed me an enormous amount of stool softeners because she said nooo straining after childbirth. Not good for your pelvic floor. Any time I feel remotely backed up I take them.

Mrsp - hmm yeah 2 oz doesn't seem right. Put warm compresses on when pumping, that should help you let down

It could be the pump mrs P, I had TT electric last time and struggled to get anything with it. Borrowed friends medela swing and would get the same amount in half the time (however I did have big issues with supply so probably not best person to ask. Another reason maybe lo is eating anything you are producing do even though pumping doesn't produce much you are stimulating in future for more milk?

With bf are you drinking enough fluid as I know you should drink more maybe this is causing your constipation

Thanks for the tip daydream :thumbup:

Interesting jellycat, I'm sure it's the pump after reading the reviews, though could be a mixture... yeah I've read the reviews for the medela swing & they're excellent, but it's so expensive :( they do a mini one too which is cheaper. Or even the avent manual pump has good reviews & is only £20. Not sure what to do really...

x

Daydream, I hope bedtime gets earlier for you! Gabby had a few nights of waking up a lot but she seems back into her normal 8:00-6:00 sleeping cycle now.

P, I hope u have better luck with another pump. My medela advanced works very well. Are you taking iron supplements? After giving birth I was given that and pain meds and told those may make me constipated, so I was also given stool softeners. No one ever said bf would cause that.

Jelly, I hope you are feeling better!

Gabby had her 4 month vaccines today. She was a trooper! Only cried for a couple seconds, and only.after the second shot. She is such a great baby. The doctor recommended she get checked out hubs cardiologist for a 'normal sounding' heart murmur just to be safe, and a Neuro surgeon for a slightly oblong head, again just to be safe. She didn't seem concerned but in the off chance that something is wrong its better to catch it early. Makes me a little worried but since the doctor wasn't concerned.I'm.trying not to be too worried. Don't know what I would do if anything was wrong with her...

No Chloe no iron tablets, I'm just continuing to take my pre natal. I've remembered where I heard it from now,I saw a consultant about (tmi) some bleeding from the bottom a year or so ago, turned out it was just a tear & he mentioned when we have children if I breastfeed it could keep reoccurring I'm sure he said due to hard stools & I've got this mixed up with constipation. I'll have a word with the health visitor this week x

MrsP - have you thought about hiring a pump for a month if you don't want the outlay if it's to do with supply instead of the pump? Nct organise rentals as does Mothercare I think . However it's about £40 a month.

I bought my medela last week on amazon for £90 so £30 off. I had a manual TT but I had weak wrist that needed Physio for so didn't use for long.

Maybe the small medela electric would be good as a middle ground one to use at a more affordable price.

Have you spoken to your mw about the feeding could just be your not expressing much because your baby is taking all your milk at the moment? Eat oats (flapjack?) and fenugreek is a good herb that people use to improve supply.

Very out of date in here sorry ladies, just seeing pumps mentioned though and as i exclusively pumped for a few months thought i'd speak up - i really liked the medela mini electric. You can hire pumps direct from medela by the month, i hired the symphony hospital grade one but tbh i found the single mini pump just as effective and oddly worked out about the same time to pump each boob in turn as it did to use the hospital grade double pump ( and i felt less like a cow being milked with the mini!)

Chloe - I'm sure all is fine, but seems like you have a great ped watching out for Gabby. :hugs:

H's bedtimes have gotten a bit better. We're slowly getting back on track, thankfully he's not fussing at night anymore, just wakes up a couple times before he's down for the night.

Thanks for the advice ladies.

Jellycat £40 a month doesn't seem worth it, I'd be better off just buying one & if I don't like it sell it on eBay as the medela ones seem to hold their value quite well. Did you buy the swing? Think I've seen it down to £80. Still seems a lot to pay though when I have a pump in the house :dohh:

Nell, I've looked at the mini but read they're for occasional use only & they don't last long when used more than once a week :shrug: was yours ok pumping every day?? They're £50 at the minute.

I might just get a second hand one from eBay, there's quite a few hardly used ones where bf hasn't been for them...

x

I have a medela (PIS advanced) and I love it. All my coworkers also have them since our work covers them and we've all been very pleased with how well they work and they hold up well.

Mrspttc- i paid about £30 for mine from amazon and used it every 2-3 hours day and night for 3 months....if it burnt out i figured i'd return it! It stayed good though!

Thanks daydream :thumbup:

Ooh Nell £30 is cheap, I can't find it that cheap. There's one on eBay BIN £20 + £5 delivery, it is used but just a few times. Can't be bothered with bidding so might just get that :shrug: interesting you used it so much without a problem! I read a review on amazon where it broke, she contacted medela & they said tough she'd used it too much haha!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->