From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Almost, I keep thinking about you checking to see if there's any news on the baby. Glad you didn't have to be induced. Happy and healthy delivery to you! Looking forward to hearing your birth story.

MrP, thank you for the pictures, Penny is precious, such a happy face. I know how you feel about bfing. For some reason it makes me sad she doesn't get much of my milk anymore. I feel like I'm cheating her giving her formula. I share it with other girlfriends who have kids and that's when I find out that many of them only used formula because they just didn't produce any milk. Their kids are just fine and that's what I keep telling myself. I still feel guilty when daddy gets up at 7am on Saturday to feed his baby formula and mommy stays in bed until 8:30am (ok, I'll admit it, I feel guilty and super awesome at the same time because I get to sleep in).

Daydream, loved the link, thank you for sharing!

Nell, looking forward to seeing another picture of Leila. Hope she now sees her tray as a friend not an enemy! I laughed when I read "The tray is clearly 'dangerous' in her eyes!"

Chloe, glad little Gabby sleeps so well, oh and I'm jealous of your sore boobs ;)

:hi: Alice! Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months. I wish I had a sister who had a baby so close to mine. You can share those precious moments together and 'compare notes' on poop, spit and burp.

Thanks for the link daydream!

Alice all I had was a few stabbing pains. Congrats again on your bfp!

Thanks jellycat!

Katie, glad it's not just me feeling guilty, but we really shouldn't. Some of my friends didnt even attempt bf'ing & others stopped because of the pain in day 3 when the milk comes in &/or latching on problems. I'm proud I've lasted to almost 3 months, at least I can feel good that penny's had the best start in life :thumbup: She's started sleeping much better on formula & we've had a pretty delightful day today with hardly any crying & lots of smiles :)

X

That would be amazzeee if he came by tomorrow!! =) My guess at my baby shower was June 2nd so we will see if mommy's intuition is right or not! haha

sbmack-happy 20 weeks-1/2 way there, woohoo!! how are you feeling?!

hope you and penny are doing fantastic mrs.p!

oh wow, one more day, Almost! How are you feeling? I know a lot of very pregnant women DTD to try to get things moving. That was the LAST thing on my mind as i was waddling around and got winded just walking upstairs! Have you been doing anything to try to bring on labor?

Alice, I never really had any of the uterine pains I read about, but i know plenty who have. Welcome to the success stories!

P, so is Penny completely weaned from breast milk? I always wonder how hard on my body stopping BF will be. Did you experience any pain or anything?

G was 6 months yesterday! DH and I really need to commit to a solids feeding plan now. We wanted to do BLW but we have been not as dilligent as we should be with it. I would like to do a mix of purees and BLW so that I know she is actually eating some food. I just took infant and child CPR/choking class so I'm all prepared just in case! I feel a lot better having taken the class and practiced on dummies.

Wow on the first aid course, what a good idea! Happy 1/2 year to gabby! :)

No she's been having a feed off me on a morning but tomorrow's the last, so sad :cry: this mornings bf was crap though, she just wasn't happy. I've still got some frozen breast milk so will use that once a day til it's gone. As long as you don't go cold turkey it's ok, I've had to express a little bit on a night to make it more comfortable but my BBS are a lot less full as each day goes on. Penny will be 11 weeks on fri & no more bf from then :( x

N

I DTD last night-I heard the sperm helps to soften the cervix! I also walked around today and days before as well but nada. I am actually constipated now which stinks....the cramps make me think labor then nope I feel a poo needs to come on out but cant, haaha ughh

chloe-wow 6 months-yippee!! I bet it flew by fast!

Chloe - Wow six months! We're coming up on that soon. We've been getting ready for solids, finally bought our high chair so that will arrive next week. H still just watches us eat, isn't too crazy interested, so we'll keep waiting. We did infant cpr as well (I was a lifeguard growing up too so I know it, but DH didn't). I just hope I never have to use it!

MrsP - Good to know it isn't too uncomfortable. I also wondered about that. You did great going for as long as you did. I too had a friend who just opted not to BF, some tried to keep up but couldn't, and others fed until over 2 yrs old! It's all so different and you just have to do what works for you.

Almost- Wow you're so close! And lol regarding DTD, we were doing that very frequently towards the end.. and then childbirth happens and BAM stop. At least DH got a little enjoyment from that. I don't know about the other mamas, but we're lucky if we DTD once a week now... and I'm sure it stretches out to almost a month. It's definitely hard when you have to choose between getting sleep and DTD... for me sleep usually wins.

You're almost there, almosthere! Crossing my fingers!

Chloe, I think if you do weaning gradually it won't be as bad. I used to wake up with sore breasts and couldn't wait to feed or pump, but it's not the case anymore :( I pump less frequently and each time there's less and less milk. Happy 6 months, Gabby!

MrsP, :hugs: I know how you feel :cry: But hey, your baby is happy, you're happy, right? That's what I keep telling myself. Formula will do just fine.

Anne is such a joy, slept 12 hours yesterday. She sleeps less and less during the day, so I have to come up with more activities for her, I don't want her to be laying in bed or in her swing staring at mobiles all day long.

I'm jealous of all u who are able to dtd even once a month! I have gone longer than that since gabby was born. Waiting too long makes it painful every time tho. And I don't think breast feeding hormones are doing anything good for my desire to dtd! But sleep is so nice. I get so worn out that once gabby goes down I just want to chill.

Solids were messy today. Tried to give her zucchini and cauliflower but she wasn't a fan. It just ended up getting stuck between her neck and chin and cleaning it out is hard because as soon as I try to wipe there she puts her head down and licks me. Oh, babies! I look forward to hearing about Dh's adventures in solids, daydream!

yes chloe he is due tomorrow. i usually am too tired to dtd but was motivated to try to soften up that cervix! hahaha. super stressed as I just found under my hair on my scalp a huge growth and it looks like possible skin cancer-the last thing i need to worry about before giving birth-scheduling an appt asap tomorrow-i really hope they can get me in tomorrow

Almost happy due date, hope the growth is normal.

With solids for JJ I started with things like sweet potato and butternut squash JJ loved them as they are sweeter than some vegetables.

Went to mw Tuesday who says baby is measuring big based on fundal measurement and says I will likely be started on sweeps next Tuesday at 38+2 to avoid needing assistance with baby in labour as I did with JJ. I'm going to refuse Tuesday treatment as its my dads funeral two days later so want to postpone for 3 days. I really want this baby to stay put for 7 more days so I can get to go. But what will be will be.

Oh almost how horrid! Try not to panic though, you can get dodgy moles/growths & not cancerous just look nasty. You're full term now here in uk! :happydance:

Katie :hugs: yep you're right! She's just had last bf this morning...still sad but I'll be able to put those horrible nursing bras away lol! :)

X

Oh and Chloe dh & I have not long started DTD again, but we didn't have a great sex life before TTC so I'm determined to do it more regularly, hard though when you're so tired. And yes the longer you leave it the worse the pain will be so you really need to force yourself to do it! I used to have pain during bd cos it was so few & far between & I'm determined it not to happen again this time, especially since I'm loosened up :haha: x

Oh no jellycat I'm so so sorry to hear about your father passing :hugs: how hard, but especially when pregnant, hope LO can stay put. How big was JJ? x

Thank you , hasn't been easy since this weekend. JJ was 12 days overdue and 8lb 13oz but he had a big head, so I had to have a vontouse delivery and was in the 2nd stage for almost 6 hours. I've booked myself a private growth scan for tomorrow afternoon for reassurance that this baby isn't going to be big. My sisters first was 8lb 5oz her second was 9lb 10oz :-0. Really don't want to follow my sisters footsteps.

:hugs: So sorry about your father Jelly! I hope the little one isn't too big and your labor goes more smoothly this time.

I hope the baby comes for you today, Almost!

I'm off to the dr's this morning....going to find out what kind of baby I'm getting!

Again, sorry for your loss jelly. <3

sbmack-soooo exciting!!

calling the dermatologist in a few minutes-I hope they open at 8 and not 8:30-I really just want to get in and out of there asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->