From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Aww, little P making the peace sign. how cute! I put gabby in an outfit yesterday (27 weeks!) that would have benefited from her ability to make a peace sign :)

We are kinda sorta trying BLW. I decided to do a mix of purees and solid pieces for her to explore. I still get quite nervous seeing her with solid pieces, fearing she will choke. We tried avocado last night, but this time i both gave her a piece to hold and i mashed some up and spoon fed it to her. she loves to grab the spoon from me and chew on it. but when i would give her a fresh spoonful of food, she would eagerly grab the spoon and then make a face when she realized it had food on it. She repeated this quite a few times until she no longer wanted to eat the spoon and instead threw it on the just mopped floor :dohh: here is a pic of her eating yogurt. Took just one day of spoon feeding for me to realize the bib should go on top of the straps, not under them. That was a fun mess to clean...

That is a good website, daydream, I think i may use that to make up some purees. Perhaps we will venture into sweet potatoes tonight. she also likes to chew on cold baby carrots. Probably feels good on her gums.

Attachments

• IMAG0796.jpg
    IMAG0796.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0776.jpg
    IMAG0776.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 6
Sounds very similar to our experience. H loves to grab the spoon and he will stick it in his mouth with the food on it. Sometimes he acts very unpleasantly surprised by the fact that the food is there, but then I spoon fed him a couple bites and then he was opening his mouth for more.. but then once the food got there, again, surprised face. He did seem to chew/swallow several bites last night though. He's not pushing it back out, so that's good. Of course we're only on day two, so I'm taking our time and still just want this to be a positive thing for him. I think tonight we are going to try just plain organic brown rice cereal to see what he thinks. Then tomorrow start with maybe bananas.

Also I LOVE Gabby's outfit in the first picture!

Oh how cute are Harrison, Penny, & Gabby?! Adorable!

AFM - still working on adding a ticker. I think I'll need to try on the PC as I have been unsuccessful on this iPad. Ha!

Oh so many gorgeous babies !

Chloe with JJ I too worried about choking and even now at 2 1/2 I cur up grapes and am reluctant to give them to him but it does get easier. I would give him things like cucumber sticks or breadsticks for him to Jane at and puréed foods try to give one or two veg then a fruit mixed with a little natural yogurt (at about 7 months) - constantly remind yourself that until one it's all about fun and getting used to various tastes. The one thing I found not good to purée was melon as was just far too watery but cubed was perfect for him to suck and chew on as just melted away easily in his mouth (watermelon) is a good one at first.

Went to consultant baby now measuring 9lb 4oz do start sweeps this Tuesday and will be induced at 41 weeks if not in labour naturally before.

Had dads funeral today was a beautiful day with sun shining and a lovely cooling breeze, service was perfectly delivered and was lovely to see so many faces from
his youth and present friends. We got my nieces and JJ to send off balloons into the sky for grandad this evening. I'm still grieving (I expected alot of this to dissapear today but hasn't) however realise nowhere it's a new stage of our family trying to find our way with dad not being there. Talked to dh how having baby will be difficult at first seeing family knowing dad won't be there, but hoping the in laws will respect this and give us some private time before bombarding us with visits. Most difficult thing has been when people at times think having a baby makes the fact of losing my dad easier or the baby will erase the grief - and that's not how I feel at all. I feel both 'events' deserve their own recognition And neither takes away from the other. I think with jelly2 I maybe a possessive mother not wanting others to hold them etc as their life is so precious.

Jelly :hugs: I can completely understand all the feelings you're having. I couldn't imagine losing someone so dear right around the birth of my child. You are right that they are separate events. I hope you get some time to grieve and process each one. So much change at once can't be easy. :hugs:

:hugs: Jelly. I hope you get your feelings and privacy respected. My Grandpa (mom's dad) had a heart attack right when I found out I was pregnant. He lived for about 5 more months on a ventilator, not being able to speak or breathe on his own, and I was quite pregnant when he passed. I am sad that they never got to meet but having Gabby really gave my mom and her mom something joyful at an otherwise very sad time. It was almost a blessing the baby came when she did. It certainly did not erase any grief, but provided a distraction at times, which I think was a good thing. I hope things get easier for you soon.

I gave G sweet potatoes yesterday, mashed up, and she seemed to enjoy them. It was really funny watching her eat because she would stick her tongue way out to just dip it in the spoon as opposed to opening her mouth to let me put the spoon in. She has also started making new noises, and is making raspberry noises with her spit. DH is going to be so impressed with her new skills when he gets home tonight, and I am going to take a much needed break! Still feeling under the weather after catching the flu on monday. Can't wait for the weekend!

:hugs2: jelly, I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling & how hard it is, condolences Hun :flow:

Funny how you ladies think of Penny as giving the peace sign, in the UK the fingers the other way round is swearing & that's what my Facebook friends have thought she was doing! :haha:

Lovely pics Chloe, suck a cutie. And daydream your blog pics are fab, I've downloaded those apps you mentioned & I'll give them a go!

X

Thanks! And enjoy the apps! I hope you like them! I've also recently downloaded the app a Beautiful Mess which has some text features.

I love diptic, here's what I did playing around x

Gabby, Penny and Harrison look adorable! :flower:

Jelly, thinking of you :hugs: Hope the in-laws will give you some time to grieve. You are getting so close to your due date! I look forward to seeing pictures of your little one.

I hope the lack of updates from almost means she's too busy feeding and changing diapers.

Jelly, I hope you're hanging in there. I'm glad the funeral went well and you had the support of family and friends. Looking forward to seeing pics of your LO soon!

Loving all the pictures. They're all so precious! Lots of good looking babies!!

I got nervous tonight because I got very dizzy and felt faint. I think it was because I didn't drink enough water today. I was out in a boat for a bit and went on a tube. It was a two person that you sit up on. I wouldn't have gone on it if it was the kind that you lay on your belly. I'm worrying that I should not have gone though. We weren't going super fast, but it was a little bumpy at times. I should stop thinking that I can do everything I did before I was pregnant.

SB, you are probably fine. Baby is in a nice protective watery bubble :) I went to Costa Rica when I was 21 weeks pregnant, went zip lining, and went on some seriously bumpy hours long van rides through the back country. It was so bumpy i found myself holding on to my stomach to try to keep it from bouncing, which was pointless. Everything turned out fine, but I did spend some time worrying after, thinking I shouldn't have been so adventurous.

P, nice pic! isn't it great what some of these apps can do? I put together a collage of gabby's many milk coma faces from when she was a teeny baby, and i just love looking at it. already it seems so long ago that she was hardly ever awake, and would pass out every time she ate. Now i don't have to burp her and she only falls asleep when nursing if its bed time.

I can't wait to use some nice pics in a collage of jelly2. I've never been very good at technical stuff and don't need to be as dh is a techie do just left it upto him over the years.

Sbmack - I'm sure everything is fine it's surprising how resilient these little babies are, I find even bumpy car journeys make me uncomfortable now adays!

Almost, i saw your updated avatar pic...he is gorgeous! 42 hours of labor!?! can't wait to hear the story! Hope you are adjusting well at home :hugs:

Jelly, not long now! any signs yet? Are doctors still predicting a big baby?

Congratulations, Almost! I found your birth story on a different thread. I hope you're recovering well and will heal soon. Liam is beautiful!

thank you! it went well although my urine test was a tad bit abnormal. my dr is on call and gave me the option of having her induce me tonight or for a random dr wed or thurs-I am still not dilated but he did drop and my cervix is soft-i even bled after the cervical check-so I am going in tonight at 5!!!....if it does not work then i will go back home to avoid c-section and go back wed for a check up and then get induced again.

ohh yay I just snooped at your other posts and read your birth story! Congrats! I'm sorry to hear about your tearing, but glad to know you're home and recovering well with your handsome little man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->