From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Chloe they are predicting 10lb + at due date...... I've had quite a few days especially after my sweep Monday of pains and some loss of plug ....... Then yesterday absolutely nothing. I'm hoping to finish off the housework today and that should hopefully get baby moving downwards. Another sweep booked in for monday

oh wow, Jelly, if LO is that big, will you try vaginally or go for a C section? G was 6 lbs 13 oz and i looked at her and wondered how in the world a baby like that can fit out of a vagina! I hope the cleaning jumpstarts things for you!

yeah, Jelly, I was wondering the same. Are you going to try to deliver naturally or go for Csec instead knowing Jelly2 will be so large?

Im going to try VB - I dilated quite easily with JJ but am nervous about needing an assisted delivery again. My sister had 9lb 10oz by VB so hoping things will be ok :)

Aww congrats Almost!! :happydance: I've checked back at your avatar & Liam is adorable, can't wait to hear all about it!

Not long now Jelly! So exciting!

x

oh boy i forgot to update on this thread so busy!!!

I went in on a Monday to be induced 4 days after my DD. I did not have Liam Michael until Wednesday June 5th at 2:01 pm after 42 hours of labor! No epidural until 8cm dilated! So glad I got it since I had internal and external tearing in vaginal and rectal areas. I needed an episiotomy and assisted birth-vacum as his head was comming out crooked and he was too big for tiny little me and his heart rate was plummeting very fast-it was only in the 70s and 60's =(! He weighed a good 7lbs9oz although he pooped TWICE immediately after birth, so he actually weighed more when I was pushing and we was 21in long! I got grade 4 tear as they called it at the hospital-the worst you can get and went home with a catheter. Catheter was removed monday and I got a uti. I am now on meds to grid of that and am feeling better each day. Liam Michael is the love of my life aside from DH and we couldnt be happier!!

Wow, Almost. What an ordeal. So glad you and Liam are doing well. Hope you're healing quickly!!

Hope everything is going well, Jelly! Hope you had your LO instead of having to get a sweep today!

Almost, that was quite a story. I'm glad you are healing from your tears. Sounds so painful! Do you know how long his heart rate was low? Doctor's can move so quickly, i know Gabby's heart rate dropped, but they never told me how low, or if it ever came back up prior to getting her out of me. I hope you enjoyed your first fathers day! Are you BFing? Did your UTI meds affect that at all? What a lot of stuff to be thrown at you right after birth! infections, catheters, tears. I'll bet looking at little Liam makes it all seem so insignificant :)

How is everyone else? Haven't heard from Yum in a while on her pregnancy.

G had her 6 month checkup this past weekend (although she was 6 months 2.5 weeks). She was 18.5 lbs and 27" long, so dropping to around 75-80 centiles (from the 95% she was at 4 months). She does appear to be thinning out a bit, but certainly is no skinny baby! She had a cough going into the appt and i think that made the vaccines affect her more, because she ended up with a fever of 100.8 by saturday night, and all day yesterday it was around 100. This morning it was down to 99, so we sent her to daycare. Poor thing slept most of the day yesterday, although when she was awake she was perfectly happy and you wouldn't really know anything was wrong, except she was slightly less smily. Have any of the new mom's experienced sickness and/or fever with your LO yet? It is so nerve wracking! I don't know what I will do when anything serious comes up.

Almost - I'm so sorry to hear about your tears, it does not sound fun at all. I'm glad things are healing and moving in the right direction. Soon it will all be behind you and be such a distant memory.

Jelly - GL my dear, I hope your LO is on the way, or will be soon!

Chloe - oh poor little gabby! H has his this Friday. We haven't had it too bad with previous vax, and I can't remember are the 6 mo ones boosters of what he's gotten before? Or were some new? We went on vacation this weekend for Father's Day. H is such a good little traveler, which is good because we're going to be traveling next month (his first plane ride!) for my work. DH is coming along and bringing H so I can still nurse at night with him. It's only for four days, but so glad I don't have to leave my son while I have to travel.

SB - how is the second trimester treating you? Right where you are was probably my favorite part of pregnancy. From there to about 30 weeks is the best.

Daydream, the 6 month vaccines are the same as the 2 and 4 month (or at least there were no new vaccines that she has never had before). She has never reacted poorly to vaccines before, so I think maybe it was because she was already sick when given the shots? She had a cough, but no fever. Now she still has a cough, a fever, and her nose is runny. When I had my fever of 100.4 I was miserable. G can clearly handle these things better than I! I hope she keeps that attitude up :) That is great that H is a good traveller! Good luck on the plane. I wonder if flying gets easier or harder as they are older. Seems like when they are newborns, they could just nurse and sleep. Now they are larger and more active, but still not mobile, so it will be interesting to see how that goes :) I'm planning a cruise around her 1st birthday, so that could be an interesting time. That is nice that DH will travel with him for your work trip. I will have a work trip in November for a week that I am dreading because I don't want to leave her. That will probably mark the end of my nursing, too, or at least the end of regular nursing. Not sure when I want to give up the bedtime feed. I know some moms who keep just that one feeding up for quite a while.

SB, this is a great time in the pregnancy. Hope you are enjoying it!

Chloe, I hope Gabby feels better soon!!

Daydream, good luck this Friday. I'm sure Harrison will do great!

I've been very lucky and have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I started to get some bad back pain last week. It's probably from all the time I spend driving. I have to drive a lot for work though so there's not much I can do about that. I'm now using some type of lumbar support on my car seat though...seems to be helping. I was doing really well with weight gain the first 18 weeks. It seems like the pounds are adding up fast now though. Need to stay on track and keep exercising when I can. I feel a lot better and have more energy when I do. I'm going to try the recumbent bike at the gym today. I was still running last week, but it's starting to get a little uncomfortable.

I hope everything is going well for you Jelly!

SB, try prenatal yoga! It felt so good on my back whenever I did it, and just very light weight lifting also helped my back a lot (like 3 lb weights, used a denise austin pregnancy workout DVD). Can't believe you are still running! I turned into a lazy blob, which is probably why 3lb weight lifting helped me. How much weight have you gained?

Chloe - I'm planning to fly during his normal happy times, in the morning and early afternoon. He's pretty happy normally, so I'm not too worried. Watch I'll eat my words next month lol.

And I'm planning to do the same regarding nursing, around 1 year I want to stop pumping but keep the morning and bedtime nursing sessions until he decides he's ready to be done.

Hi ladies, I'm gate crashing from the spotters thread, hope you don't mind ;)

I've recently been given Clomid to try. Did any of you find this helped with your spotting and do you think it helped you get your BFP? So far I've got no answer as to what's causing this and I feel like I've been TTC for ages now

Thanks

Hi Bun, I used Clomid during one of my cycles when TTC. My OB assumed I wasn't ovulating and prescribed Clomid, but a minimum dose caused too many eggs to mature and we skipped TTC that month. We eventually conceived on our own without any meds. I never found out what caused my spotting. Good luck!

Almost, hope you are recovering well!

Chloe, daydream, we just had our 4month vaccines and Anne was so lethargic after them. I had to force her to eat, she wouldn't smile at all and was a bit like a zombie. Fortunately she was back to normal two days later. Hope Gabby feels better already! I'm also curious what kind of a traveler Anne's going to be. We're planning to take a continental flight in September and a flight overseas this Christmas and I'm hoping for the best.

Jelly, thinking of you!

Sb, glad pregnancy is going well! Enjoy it, I kind of miss it now.

Has any of you experienced any spotting since giving birth? I'm curious if it'll eventually return.

I still haven't had AF since giving birth. *knock on wood* :)

I haven't had AF or any spotting since giving birth either! its been great!! Sounds like Anne wasn't a fan of her vaccines either. I'm glad the ill effects don't last long. Gabby slept what seemed like most of the day yesterday.

Hi Bun! I tried clomid for 2 rounds I think, and it made my spotting worse. it turned brighter read and heavier than normal, but still started at the same time. I was totally expecting the opposite and was very disappointed. I ended up conceiving without the help of Clomid a month or two after my last clomid cycle, and while spotting just like when I was on clomid.

SB, try prenatal yoga! It felt so good on my back whenever I did it, and just very light weight lifting also helped my back a lot (like 3 lb weights, used a denise austin pregnancy workout DVD). Can't believe you are still running! I turned into a lazy blob, which is probably why 3lb weight lifting helped me. How much weight have you gained?

I'm still doing yoga (ashtanga) once a week. I may start pre-natal soon. I practiced for a few years prior to getting pregnant so I was worried that the pre-natal yoga would be too easy, but now I'm getting a little too big for a lot of poses. My teachers are great though and tell me ways to modify that's best for me and the baby. I've gained almost 10 lbs so far. I don't think that's a ton, but I've heard it comes on fast more towards the end.

Thanks for the weight lifting tip. I'll look into a pregnancy work out dvd. As for running..I'm only doing 2 miles and I stop every half mile or so. I only do that once a week if that. I did go to the gym yesterday and did the bike, some machines for my arms and ran a mile. I need to remember my tight sports bras from now on. I'm so not used to these bb's and they were in the way.

Bun, I've never used Clomid. Hope it works for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->