From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Jelly, I saw that you posted and thought maybe you had your jellybean. Good luck today!!!

Chloe, I love that Gabby loves hummus!

I had an early small shower yesterday. A couple of regulars from a wine shop that I sell to and do classes at hosted a party for me....customers of customers if you will. They were very sweet to do so. The couple that hosted have a daughter my age and she hasn't had any children yet so I think they're getting antsy for grandchildren. Anyway, I got a baby food maker that steams and purees. It also reheats straight from the freezer. It seems like a great device. I'm excited to use it.

GL Jellycat!

Sbmack - How fun! Which one did you get? I have the cuisinart baby and I love it. Just made some green beans last night. :)

I think we are in the thick of the 6 month growth spurt. Last night at bedtime we had quite a fit, very reminiscent of the previous growth spurts we've had. Since he's at daycare today, I guess I'll just pump every two hours to try to keep up with the growth spurt. Hopefully that will do it, otherwise I may add a pumping session before bed.

how much milk do you think H is drinking daily, Daydream? My ped said often times milk consumption doesnt go up because of solids introduction. I haven't noticed any 6 month growth spurts yet, but G is definitely enjoying her purees and now i think more end up in her tummy than on her face/hands/feet/chest/hair/highchair :) Her drinking frequency has neither increased nor decreased, and the amount i pump has remained constant too.

GL Jelly!! Saw on your journal that you are having contractions 6 min apart. hope this is it and your LO is on its way!

I've been reading the same today, but then I also read that for some people it's horrible! So I guess it just depends on the baby and how much solids they start eating. He upped his eating a lot yesterday and then ate last night at 11:30, 3 and 5:30 when normally it's just one of those. When I woke up this morning I was definitely not as full as I normally am. I sent him today with 3 6 oz bottles and 1 5oz bottle, along with a small jar of carrots to have around lunchtime. I'm hoping I can get him to eat enough during the day that he won't wake up as much at nighttime.

GL Jellycat!

Sbmack - How fun! Which one did you get? I have the cuisinart baby and I love it. Just made some green beans last night. :)

It's the baby breeza.

I registered today...what a process. It was very overwhelming. I'm glad I can go online and make adjustments.

Sorry if I've asked this already, but what kind of pumps do you all have. I've heard good things about medela's. I need to look into whether or not my insurance covers one.

Chloe - Well I found out why H was crabby last night.. when I picked him up from daycare I got to feel a nice sharp little tooth bud that cut through his gums, haha! I've been trying to get a picture but it's still too teeny.

SB - I use the medela pump in style advanced, I like it but I hear the freestyle is better from my coworkers, and I believe insurance should cover them now

yay for a teething baby, daydream! That is exciting! So do you think maybe all the nursing was just for comfort rather than actual hunger/growth spurt?

SB, i used insurance to get mine, and ended up with the Medela Advanced. I didn't really have a choice, the lactation consultant just chose either Medela or Ameda for me, based on what was good at the time. They said production seems to vary so they go back and forth as to which ones are best. I know a lot of people with the pump in style. I think they are the same basic pump, just the bag is designed differently. Mine has the milk storage + pump in one bag, whereas the other one has a separate bag for milk storage, I believe. and the pump in style is nicer looking.

So gabby hit a milestone that many babies have hit months ago...but thats ok, I"m still super proud. She can now roll front to back, and I caught it on video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUH3TtexqQ

Yay go Gabby!!

I'm still stumped on these extra feedings, he did it again last night: 11pm, 2:30am, 4:30am. I'm dying over here. I'm trying to get him to suck on my finger and go back to sleep but nope, he's hungry. This of course hits during my busiest week at work I've had since I've been back. -_-

Congratulations Jelly! Love your little girl's name. Can't wait to hear your story and see pictures! Hope you and Florence are doing well :flower:

My goodness, daydream, that's a lot of feeding! Hang in there! Congratulations on the first tooth!

Congrats on turning, Gabby! It's a great video, Chloe, thanks for sharing! Anne's not into turning much, she did roll front to back once, but that's about it. She still prefers spinning clockwise in her bed. We're starting to see some attempts at crawling during tummy time, but she still has ways to go.

Sb, I used Ameda Purely Yours Ultra and Lansinoh manual breast pump. Honestly, I found the manual pump to be more powerful than the electric one, but I had to do all the work.

MrsP, hope all is well. I had to stop breast-feeding for a while because a couple of months after delivery I experienced severe joint pain and discovered some rash on my body. The doc suspected lupus, put me on meds and told me not to breastfeed. Although I pumped like crazy to maintain the supply, it was dropping each day while Anne's demand was increasing. Eventually I dried out. I'm still sad :cry: but I do enjoy my freedom and night sleep (still would've given it up for the chance to go back to bf).

AF returned in all its glory, with cramping and all that fun stuff. No spotting though, hope pregnancy took care of whatever was causing it. Anne's been doing great, sleeping and eating well. She chews on anything that gets near her mouth (especially enjoys my shoulder) and laughs like crazy when I tickle her. She's also guiding our feeding sessions now, holding onto the bottle and pulling or pushing it depending on whether she wants to eat, burp, fart or just say something important to me.

SB I used a medela mini electric, far better than the tommee tippee one I had which was useless!

Aww Chloe how cute is that video of gabby!!!

Daydream, yay for Harrison's first tooth!!

Katie, penny is also holding the bottle now, well putting a hand on it at least! These milestones are great but scary, they grow up so fast!

Just checked out Jelly's journal, huge congrats Hun, another :pink: for the thread! Fab name, can't wait to hear more & see a pic!

x

How is everyone? Gabby is officially 7 months now. My how time flies! She is only 5 months away from the 1 year mark! I really have to start babyproofing soon. Its only a matter of time before she is mobile.

Has anyone taken their LO swimming yet? I keep wanting to take G, but I haven't found a proper swim suit. I want one with sleeve to help prevent burning, even tho the other ones that look like normal adult suits are soooo much cuter. But i may end up getting one of those and just putting lots and lots of sunscreen on her instead.

Katie, happy to hear anne is a good sleeper! And glad the spotting seems to have gone! I am hoping once my AF returns, I too have no more spotting. I am debating what to do about birth control. I am on the mini pill now but apparently that isn't recommended for normal birth control, only when breast feeding? I'm not sure why, except maybe the effectiveness level.

Anyone else get AF yet?

Haven't heard from Nell or Almost in a while. Hope all is well with your LO's, girls!

Chloe we had H's first swim lesson today! We got his swim diaper at Target and then got him a rash guard for on top. He had a blast!

I got a diaphragm for bc because I didn't want hormones.

H's new favorite thing is playing peekaboo, it's adorable!

Hi ladies :)

I have to confess i manage to read this thread a few times a week and there's so much in posts i want to respond too and say 'yeah me too' but it moves so fast and i'm so darn slow at typing on the ipad!

So update on me and Leila...
Leila is 7 months now, she has 4 teeth and sits unaided. BLW is going well. She still sleeps through, 7pm - 8am. She loves shaking anything and everything to see if it makes a noise. We've got a little wave of a hand now for 'hello' too :)
My AF came back in the new year while i was still BF and 6 or 7 cycles later now still no spotting....hoping typing this doesn't jinx me!
Swimming, i take leila twice a week and indoors i just use a swim nappy - i've bought a sleeved swimsuit for swimming in the sun.

To those now expressing BM how many ounces a day does your LO drink? When Leila was poorly eith her reflux she was having 5x7oz bottles - the same ahe does now but at only 8 weeks old! I ended up topping up with formula which then revealed the dairy problem and led to full time formula feeding. I'm curious to know what other babies feed BM wise, i really think if she'd nit had reflux i'd have had enough to not need to formula top up.

Yay for Harrison's 2 teeth daydream!

Chloe we took Penny swimming a week ago, just indoors though too cold in uk for outdoor swimming! She had a swimming costume on. My AF came early hours of sun, 3 weeks after stopping BF'ing & 2 weeks 2 days after my first sign of EWCM (which lasted DAYS!) Only got bit of pinky red spotting sat evening so fingers crossed I'm fixed! Like nell hope I've not jinxed it!

Hi nell! Great to hear Leila doing so well!

x

Nell - glad to hear from you! And I agree, replying from the ipad is much less convenient. Usually when I post it's from my computer, but I'm guilty of just reading and running when I'm on my phone or ipad. I'm glad all is going so well! That's awesome she's waving! We are working on that one still.

As for expressed BM, I send him to daycare (8am - 5pm) with 4 bottles, usually two with 6 ounces and two with 5 ounces. Sometimes he eats it all, sometimes he comes home with like 2-3 ounces left. He also eats a puree at around noon.

MrsP - funny how spot on your LP was for your first AF! I thought MAYBE I might have seen some EWCM this weekend, so I guess in two weeks we will see.

I woke up at 4am with a horrible breast infection, but I have no fever so it's not mastitis yet. It just huuuuuuurts and I feel achy. I'm going to do the best I can with pumping it empty today. I wish I didn't have meetings today otherwise I would stay home :( I thought I was out of the woods with those, but I think with how engorged I've been getting in the mornings now that H is sleeping better it caught up to me.

oh no, daydream! I hope you get the clog out before it turns into mastitis! I have had a couple times of being really sore to the touch, so i will put a heating pad on it, and do lots of massaging while pumping, and then I run to Gabby and get her to nurse extra on the sore side. That usually makes it feel better within a day. Good luck! and yay for 2 teeth!!

Glad to hear the update on you and Leila, Nell! She sounds like quite a clever one, already waving! My mom says Gabby waves, but I don't see it. Sometimes she will wiggle some fingers if i wave hi, but it could be coincidence.

Like daydream, I send G to daycare from 8am - 5pm with 4 bottles. I send 3 with 4.5-5 oz and 1 with 4 oz, plus we do 1 oz of purees and I let daycare do some instant oatmeal baby cereal with some of the milk from one bottle (thanks for that cereal recommendation, Daydream). G usually drinks all 4 bottles, plus she probably gets a good 6 oz from me in the morning and another 6 in the evening. her intake really hasn't changed much from when she was 8 weeks either. Just now she has some solids. We also give her a rice cracker and some more puree in the evening about an hour before bedtime.

I thought I may have seen some EWCM the other day too, but I hope AF is not 2 weeks away! she can stay away for the next 5 months of BF if she wants :)

I hope to take G swimming soon. Seems like other babies love it. Do you use floatation devices or do you just hold them? Or do they swim on their own? My friends LO is 9 months and he can swim on his own! it was so scary to watch the video of him in the water. I kept waiting for him to sink, but he was great.

Gabby has decided that sticking her tongue out is her new favorite thing. This picture cracks me up every time i look at it

Attachments

• IMAG0883_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0883_BURST002.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
Chloe that picture us just brilliant! What a cutie :)
For swimming i tend to hold leila, she likes floating on her back with me holding under her head and she likes kicking her legs with me holding under her arms.

Daydream- youch! I had that once or twice and the area was so red and inflammed, blocked duct for me. Lots of really firm massage as you empty helps.

Mrspttc- hi! I find even the indoor pools can be cold here :) leila and me only manage half an hour even though we're well wrapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->