From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

I love reading all the updates! Lots of useful info to remember.

That picture of Gabby is the best!

I hope you get that duct unclogged, Daydream!

Glad to here you and Leila are doing well, Nell.

Chloe - Glad you like that oatmeal! We like it over here. As for swimming, I just hold H. I'll have to upload some pictures this week from his first lesson :)

Nell - Thanks I got it unclogged thankfully! It was like a lime sized lump deep in the middle of the breast, so lots and lots of firm massage and then cabbage leaves after pumping did the trick. I still have major red splotches leftover and it's still sore, but not lumpy and I don't feel achy anymore. Whew!

Thank goodness you got it sorted daydream sounds painful! Yeah though I think due to how long I had EWCM for my LP might have been on the short side I've got no idea when I ovulated. I'm just so pleased only 1 day of spotting! :happydance:

Ahh Chloe gabby is soo cute on that! Her tongue is very long he he!

Nell I agree our pools are pretty cold too! We managed 25 mins but it was her first time. Chloe we're going to buy a float ring thing but just held her first time.

x

Hi ladies sorry it's taken me so long to update but these first 9 days have been pretty tough.

Florence was born after a 4hr labour weighing 9lb 10oz, only pain relief was gas and air & paracetamol, best part was when we cancelled the induction we were already in labour.

I've managed to bf this time which has been a learning curve but also had major issues with feeding and sleeping at night to the point of almost constant feeding for 11hours being unable to put her back down in her crib

Daydream glad you managed to clear the blocked duct

Sbmack I have the medela swing and finding it great at the moment, easy to clean and put together etc and is efficient at pumping

Wow, Jelly!! So glad you didn't have to be induced. You're a champ delivering a 9lb 10 oz baby naturally!! Good luck with the breast feeding. Love the name Florence!

Wow jellycat that's amazing you did it all naturally & only a 4 hour labour! Even more amazing when she was so big! Glad to hear you're managing the breast feeding. Penny clusterfed but it was from around 5 til 11 rather than overnight. Hugs Hun, she'll hopefully slow down soon x

hello ladies,
sorry I haven't been here since ages..so swamped with work..i managed to read some of the pages. Apologize if I missed on someone.

jelly- congrats on :pink: glad u dint have to be induced..Florence is such a cute name..i'm so very sorry about ur father ! takecare hun!

almost- congrats ! love the name liam & he's such a cutie ! sorry abt ur rough labor..hope u r feeling better !

chloe- I cant belive the kiddos r are growing so fast..i love the video of gabby !

daydream- glad u got the clog out..ouch,it sounds painful..

nell- good to c u & Leila doing good !

mrsp- hi , hope ur little b undle is doing great ! look at all of u, swimming already :thumbup:

Katie- such adorable pics :) sorry abt ur BF issues ?? did u get ur report for lupus back ? hope it's nothing..

jods- that's a cute scan..i'm terrible at guessing but I thinks its a girl ! how have u been ?

sbm- how have u been ? did u find out the gender ?( sorry if u mentioned this already ) did u start with the nursery yet ?

afm, I still have complete placneta previa..I have another scan fri.i'll b almost 29 weeks..doc said if it don't move by 32 weeks, the chances of it moving later are slim & hence c-sec around 36 weeks..scary :(
on the bright side, no issues so far but on pelvic rest & was told to take it easy with anything that would put pressure/weight on lower abdomen..so, my work was so understand that they let me work from home from this week( to avoid stairs)..my ankles r swollen badly..
I failed my 1hr glucose test so, 3hr test is ordered..i'll get that on sat probably..

glad to see all ur lo's !
takecare ladies !

yum - glad to hear from you and that all is well thus far (minus the bedrest). I hope the placenta moves for you, but glad that they are watching you so closely. Good luck with the three hour!!

Yum hope your placenta moves up and you start to feel better :hugs:, drink lots of water and keep your feet elevated it will help to reduce the swelling

Hi Yum! Glad to hear everything is going well for the most part. It's great that your job has been so understanding. I hope the placenta moves for you!! I'm having a girl. Did you find out the sex? We haven't started the nursery yet. My DH has a project that keeps him busy right now. He should be done in a few weeks and will have time then to do some renovations. We have wallpaper to remove....not fun.

Good to hear from you, Yum! I hope your placenta moves, but if not, plenty have gotten through placenta previa with beautiful healthy babies and no complications. And you won't have to worry about going into labor. I failed my 1 hr glucose test too. I heard those results can be very misleading. I passed my 3 hr. Hope you pass yours! Its such a boring test, sitting there for 3 hours. Bring a good book! And its great your work is so understanding. Can't believe you are 29 weeks already! you could have your LO in less than 2 months! how exciting!

Hope everything is going well with Florence, Jelly! BF going ok?

SB, you're in the double digits now! <100 days to go!! Woo hoo!

We are doing well over here. G now likes to scoot backwards, pushing off with her feet while laying on her back. makes for fun times when i put her on the changing table! She had a bout of vomiting and a night where she was probably not feeling well and had trouble going to sleep, but seems to be ok now. She sits completely unassisted now, and i dont have to worry about her flopping backwards. She likes to sit outside with some toys and watch me and DH garden. We are still mostly feeding purees, with the occasinal finger food. Made her scrambled eggs that she took tiny bites of. Still no teeth tho!

thanks for the good luck wishes ladies :) i'm not worried abt csection but she said I could have complications of spotting/bleeding episodes which would put me in hosp & complete BR & if it happens they wouldn't have a choice but to go 4r emergency c..hope it wont come to that..knock on woo ! I have my everythin crossed..

sb- yay on :pink: my dh wants it to be a surprise.. wallpaper- that's a tough one !

chloe- I cant believe how times fly ! waiting 4r gab's teeth already !
I kinda like being pregs..I think i'll miss my bump after baby..lol on not going into labor..looking on the bright side :) that makes me feel better abt the glucose test ! thanks 4r sharing !

I never 4r once thought I would fail my glucose test :dohh: I booked the 3hr 4r Monday..ladies,any tips to help me pass ?

Chloe I loved it once JJ could sit up as he had more fun playing and being silly.

Bf is a real struggle she seems to want to feed every 30-45 minutes from early evening to 5 in the morning I'm so exhausted. I'm loving feeding her but am seriously thinking of moving to bottle. Her poop has changed to green these past couple of days too which could be too much foremilk.

Yum I think the best thing to do is eat as you have been and hope you pass. I know for my gtt my fast levels were really high and midwife warned me I was likely to fail, actually my results were bang on average and alot lower than with JJ. Good luck

Hi ladies!

Hope you're all well! I've been a bit AWOL busy at work but do check in now and again!

Thanks Yum! I'm thinking girl too but my mum thinks boy! Hope you're feeling ok and that things go well over the next few weeks!

I'm 15+3 today and beginning to feel better! The sickness is beginning to go so I'm feeling good about that! Off work on hols for the next 2 weeks and I really need it! I'm shattered! We are getting a new bathroom though so that won't be relaxing to start with until its done! Better now before baby comes though!

I've booked a private scan again this wkend cos I'm neurotic! Someone said tonight the ultrasound heats up the amniotic fluid so now I'm worried! It should be ok though yeah? The appointments are only 20 mins!

Not sure if I'm getting some feeling of movement yet but can't wait to finally feel my baby!

Love reading all the mamas experiences! Some great hints and tips!

Xxx

Hi Jods! Glad you're starting to feel better. I wouldn't worry about having an ultrasound. If they weren't safe, they wouldn't be so popular. Good luck with the renovations. We just bit off a huge project and are totally stressing about it. Hopefully we can get it done quickly... Have fun on Holiday!

Have a great weekend, Ladies!

Hi Jods! Glad you are starting to feel better! Why did you book another scan? Just so you can see your LO, or are you worried something is wrong? I know a lot of people who bought home dopplers so they could hear the heart beat whenever they wanted. I haven't heard anything about about ultrasounds being harmful. Maybe if you got them weekly but throwing in an extra one doesn't seem like it would be bad at all. I had a total of 3 during my pregnancy, and I know people who have had much more.

Jelly, Gabby's poos used to change colors. i asked the doctor once and she said as long as it wasn't red, the color didnt matter. said it could be purple and she wouldn't be worried! I often thought i may have too much foremilk as G was pretty gassy and i would get very engorged. I used to wait until let down and i would catch the forceful letdown in a tissue, or i would pump a little before feeding when i know i was especially engorged to try to limit the excess foremilk. I can't recall if you BF JJ, but I"m thinking you didn't. It gets easier after the first month, month and a half, so if you can power through this tough part, I think you'll be much happier!

I had my 4 year anniversary with DH last night. It was very low key, just made him dinner and bought him some clothes. and he bought me flowers and a toaster, lol. such a romantic ;)

Have a great weekend, all!

Chloe I'm just eager to see he or she is doing ok! I think I'm worried after last time but circumstances were totally different! I'm finding the wait til the 20 wk scan a lot harder so hoping this puts my mind at ease! It'll be nice to see how he or she is growing and how they look now!

Will let you all know how it goes!

Now on holiday from work for 2 wks and sitting in the garden with a BBQ in Scotland! Who would've thought haha

Good evening!! Had scan today and all was perfect with our baby! He or she was very wriggly and did some amazing moves! Their mouth was opening and closing quite a bit...must take after me haha! 4 wks til 20 wk scan then one more private at 25 wks!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79