From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Jods congrats beautiful scan :)

Thanks Chloe that's really helped me xx

jods- that's such a precious pic ! he/she is gonna start moving soon :)

ladies, can someone tell me how much would a private scan cost( regular & 3d ) in usa & where can I get it ?

afm, my previa is still complete :cry: she said its probably not gonna move now..so, they r goin ahead with scheduling a C-section @ 36/37 weeks depending on everythin else..i'm just hoping not to start bleeding till then..fingers crossed !

my 1hr glucose number was high @ 172 but i'm hoping to pass the 3hr one tmrw..fx ! I don't need any more complications :nope:

takecare ladies !

Good luck tomorrow, Yum! Make sure you fast for 8-12 hours before going in otherwise your results could be abnormally high. Bring a good book! I've never had a private scan but I've seen offices around town...they aren't really doctor's offices either, it doesn't seem. I actally saw a groupon for one not that long ago for a place that specializes in '4D' ultrasonds (still not sure what that 4th dimension is....) I would just google it. And think, you'll be holding your LO in about 6 weeks!!

Hi everyone! We are back from our trip. Harrison was SO GOOD. He slept most of the flight there and back, and when he was awake he was just smiling away. He even went to visit the lady in the row next to us because he kept smiling and reaching out to her. When everyone got off the plane, they were smiling and waving at him, always a good sign! lol!

We went to our first zoo while we were there too. He just was looking around, taking it all in. He also seemed to make some strides in sleep habits while we were there, he got much better at self-settling to sleep. He even didn't want the swaddle (yes we STILL can't break him of it, he's be in it one-armed for like three months now). But now that we're back he's back to wanting the swaddle. Sigh.

Chloe- That's excellent she's sitting so well, H is doing that as well. So nice not to have to worry about a faceplant.

Jelly - maybe try pumping before you feed because if she's just getting foremilk, that may also be why she's hungry all night, needs that nice fatty milk to fill her up :)

yum - sorry about the previa :( Good luck with your glucose test! There are several private scan clinics (Baby Sightings is a name I can think of). Ours was $130 for the 4D (I think fourth dimension is movement in the 3D camera view)

Jods - Gorgeous scan!! Are you going to find out the sex?

Daydream glad to hear you had a great holiday!

We're not going to find out baby's sex! Happy with a surprise!! Had been thinking they're a girl then switched to boy but back to girl again! Not knowing will help me through labour I hope!

Yay for team :yellow: sbmack!

Jods, beautiful scan pic Hun!

Jelly sorry BF'ing isn't going to plan :hugs:

Yum, nice to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the c-section but it'll be fine I'm sure :hugs:

Pleased you had a lovely holiday daydream!

Hi to everyone else :hi:

Penny's had a few 'firsts' this week, Monday she rolled from front to back (the easy way lol) & yesterday started making this really loud shouting, screeching noise! She's definitely found her voice! :thumbup:

x

Oh sounds like Harrison was a dream whilst on holiday

Congrats penny on your firsts :)

Jodspod - even though hard at times I loved being team yellow and after all the hardwork it's lovely to be told boy-girl

Well we've introduced infacol for wind and colic before each feed since yesterday and she's like a changed baby. Happily sleeping during the day and then taking longer feeds but less frequent when awake. Past two nights she's sleeping 3-4 hours which is great. Been drinking my tiger milk since Friday too so will be interested this morning to find out if Flo has gained.

Jelly, glad to hear things are improving with Flo's mood. Is infacol like a natural colic water? I had given Gabby something called Gripe Water a few times when she was extra gassy and it seemed to take her hiccups away and she would stop crying long enough to drink it. Never really noticed much improvement in gas, but she did love the taste of it. She was never a colicy baby tho, and gas didn't seem to make her uncomfortable, even tho she had it ALL THE TIME, so it is hard to gauge how much it helped really. I think getting older is what helped her gas the most. Now when she farts I know poop is soon to follow, and man does it stink!! :haha:

Yay for rolling Penny! Although once they learn that trick, keeping them on their tummies is tricky! We are trying to teach G to crawl, but every time we put her on her tummy she just looks at us and rolls over. Wouldn't be surprised if she skips crawling and goes straight to walking, as she loves being upright, but lacks stability right now. She will go from seated to faceplants tho, trying to reach too far forward to get things. but she hasn't been able to get up from faceplant position yet.

Jods, enjoy your team yellow status. I admire you ladies who have been able to hold out. It would have been a fun surprise, but no way could i have held out. Maybe for #2 (ha, probably not...)

Yum, how was your 3 hr glucose test? If you didn't pass, at least you only have a few more weeks of pregnancy!

Daydream, wow, Harrison is still in the swaddle? what happens when you take him out of it? does he just wake up more often? I would keep in him the swaddle too if it means sleeping through the night! I assume one or both arms is out now, tho? Do you think he enjoyed the zoo? I keep wondering if i should take G to the zoo, or if she is too young. she loves watching our cats walk around, but i feel like she would probably get bored, or just fall asleep. She loves to sleep in the stroller. I just found out my work gives free admission to our local natural history museum, so I will probably take G there one weekend, and if she acts up, no money wasted! Did that with our local art museum not that long ago too.

We have been going back and forth with BLW, and last night tried to give her some super soft broccoli. She took a giant bite and gagged several times, then spit up a little bit...about gave me a heart attack. Still don't think I have the nerves for BLW. But she has started turning her nose up at purees, and gets so excited to grab food and shove it in her mouth. not sure what to do now...I wish i knew when this magical transition between purees and actual solids was supposed to happen. And she still has no teeth...

hi,
quick update..

I failed my 3hr glucose by 1&4 points.fasting was good !

I went to meet with a dietician & got a meter to chek my glucose 4 times a day..i just checked my BS, 1hr after dinner & its high :cry:

I was hoping it would remain within limits so I don't have to get insulin shots but now i'm scared ...

sorry 4r lack of personals..

Glad to hear Flo is sleeping better, Jelly.

Daydream, That's awesome that Harrison is such a good traveler!!

Yay for rolling over Mrs.P. I hope Penny isn't too loud now that she's found her voice.

Good luck with the BLW, Chloe.

Jods, that's great you're team yellow...I'm too impatient to wait.

Yum, I hope the three hour test went well!

Nothing new to report here. My back has been bothering me a bit, but that's about it. Also, starting to feel very large.

Looks like we posted at the same time, Yum. Sorry about the test! So many women get GD though. You'll make it through!!

Yum, sorry to hear that. Can you just control it through diet since your levels were right on the limits? Or do you really need shots? I have heard of a lot of people changing their diet to control it and that working very well. only 6 more weeks??

We hit a new milestone...Gabby can roll back to front (finally!) so now she spends all of her time rolling back and forth. its very cute. Although I walked in on her this morning in her crib and she was on her stomach. I am not going to like this one bit! Time to lower her crib in preparation for her pulling herself up to a standing position!

Jelly, would love to see a pic! Flo must be a month now??

Chloe - Yes he would wake up at least two extra times, and he would just be awful to try to get down in the first place. It was with one arm, but ever since our trip we are officially swaddle free, naps and bedtime! Such a relief to have that behind us because I constantly felt like it was this big battle we would have to do at some point. He just looked around at the zoo, didn't seem too excited. We will probably wait until next summer to go again. That's great Gabby is rolling! And yes the sleeping on the belly is scary at first, it made me even more glad to have the motion monitor. Now he is so good at rolling and crawling I don't worry about it too much.

Yum - Sorry to hear about the test. Both of my good friends ended up with GD and managed it with their diet, but still had to test multiple times a day.

SB - how exciting, can't believe it's already third tri for you!

We are having a good few weeks over here. We are teaching H to wave Hi and trying so hard to get him to say Hi. It sounds like he says it sometimes but then again he makes H sounds often so it's hard to tell if it's on purpose. He is also playing on standup activity tables often. As for feeding, he's still enjoying his purees, eating twice a day. We've been out of town for the past few weekends, so I'm hoping sometime this week I'll have time to make him some new foods. I want to start doing some combination recipes from the Start Fresh cookbook they all sound so yummy!

Chloe - it's similar to gripe water but more medicinal I think just needs a droplet begore each feed, definitely loosens her trapped wind

Yum - :hugs: I think you just need to try and test different foods to see which can keep your sugars under control then hopefully you won't need the insulin . Have they given you a list of foods that are low gi. Eggs are a good thing with granary bread or unsweetened museli for brekkie?

We have some real crawling going on in our house! He finally figured it out last night and hasn't stopped since :) I posted a video in my journal

Hi ladies.....just poking my head in....I'm 7weeks, and I'm a bit scared of it being too early! So will lurk for a while :haha:

Congrats Gobolino! I haven't checked in on the spotting thread in a while, can you tell us about your BFP??

Thank you! It's still soon, only 7weeks, so very cautious.

I'm sure the reasons for the BFP where that I "relaxed" thinking that I had already ovulated, I wasn't with hubby, so when I got back to him after 3 weeks, well, I guess we just plainly made lurve and didn't baby-make. :haha:

All well, I spotted last week, saw Dr, and he said not to worry, but to take rest and be careful. I've hardly spotted again since, only a teeny bit and it's old blood.

No spotting up to my BFP. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->