From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

yay, gob! That relaxed approach is easier said than done, but i really do think it has truth to it! Feeling any symptoms yet?

How is everyone's LO? Gabby and I are on our own for the next week as DH is in Germany. She discovered this high pitched banshee like scream yesterday and did it ALL DAY LONG! i do hope she has forgotten it by today :) She wasn't unhappy, just discovered a new sound. oh my ears! She is 8 months now, and loves to stand, assisted so far, and hasn't gotten the hang of crawling yet. She is still enjoying pureed foods and pizza crust, and I hope to introduce a couple new veggies this week. She decided plain sweet potatoes are no longer any good, so i have to mix with applesauce, and she will eat them then. She no longer goes to bed asleep, but will eat, and then i put her in the crib and she usualy will just talk herself to sleep. occasionally she will cry a bit, but never too bad or unmanageable.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Congrats Goblino that's fantastic news wishing you a happy and healthy 9months

Chloe - gabby sounds like my niece by about 9 months she would high pitch squeal think its where they are finding there voice and trying to communicate ....... 10 years on she's still loud! Sounds like she's really developing her taste buds with her food

Afm - having issues with Flo crying and trapped wind that I've been using infacol past couple of weeks then at the weekend she was unsettled the whole time. Started using colief with her feeds last night and was alot better to the point I could put her in her crib just hoping this works and wasn't coincidence she slept from 2-5 which was good and her last feed was at 10-30 so if she can settle easier she could sleep for 5ish hours

Sorry I haven't updated a while ladies, feel like I'm reading a running alot these days!! I did do a long post in reply to peoples updates about a week ago but lost it all when Miss P tried to grab my phone off me! :rolleyes:

Hi Gobolino, congrats again! :happydance:

I would love to be preggo again, I miss it :dohh: Maybe in a year we'll TTC #2... but take the relaxed approach as I think that worked for me too! My SIL to be is due in October and I love her bump!

Yay for the colief Jelly! That's what I used on Penny and worked a treat, now weaned her off it & onto comfort milk and she's fine, I found the colief a pain when making up the bottles! :growlmad: A friend of DH's had terrible time with her LO who's roughly 2 months, she was BF'ing constantly & really colicky, couldn't go anywhere, I told her about what we did with Penny and she tried colief, ended up knocking BF'ing on the head completely & she's like a different baby! I think a lot of babies probably have this slight lactose intolerance that the parent doesn't know about...

Chloe hope everything goes well when DH away, Gabby sounds like she's coming on a treat!

How is everyone?

Penny getting better at rolling, she's big enough for her jumperoo now, I tried her in it a while ago but one of her arms kept getting stuck and she wasn't keen, but enjoyed herself the last few days I've tried her. We think she's a little livewire, might have to be extra vigilant once she's properly on the move!

:hugs: to all

x

I do have symptoms, the usual I guess. Bb's a LOT bigger and tender, bloating, constipation, need to pee at night (I never get up at night), and for the past week, nausea with an empty stomach, all day. I wake up around 6:30 to pee, and then my stomach feels empty and I get this sick feeling. I eat a handful of cherries and try and get back to sleep. It's bad when I wake up later on. It also happens during the day, like before dinner. I feel sick (but haven't been yet thank god!) and it's really hard to make myself a meal as I'm just not hungry, and extremely picky at the moment.
Any tips?? :wacko: Oh, and what did you do about bra size? Mine don't fit, only one or two. But I don't want to buy more because I don't know how much bigger I'm going to get.
I'm now going to start reading the thread from the beggining :winkwink:

Chloe - H has been screaming too. UGH. It's awful. There is a 2 year old at his daycare that does it, so I think we are fighting an uphill battle trying to get him to stop. He recently started with his Gagaga's which is so fun though. He's got a bit of a cold right now, but seems to be doing okay with it. Yesterday tooth #4 broke through.

Jellycat - Glad things seem to be going well!

MrsP - oh yes the jumperoo's are so fun. A great way to have them play in a contained space ;)

Gobolino - I used the nursing sleep bras at Target. They have more give and can accommodate fluctuation in size.. they're only going to keep getting bigger!

Gob, my bb's didnt get much bigger, just a cup, so i bought some non wired stretchy bras that I knew could give me room to grow. Also, the flimsy nursing bras have lots of room to grow too. super thin and stretchy. I used to be an underwire/pushup bra person (tiny A cup bbs), and now i just wear lightly lined, no wire, B cup bras, so sadly i never had the wild bb increase. in the mornings they are bigger than B's, but i nurse/pump and they go down and dont get that big again until the next morning. Also, with food, i too pretty much wanted nothing. I found starchy foods were best, so mac and cheese, soft pretzels, pancakes, french fries. I hated smelling anything, and had to force myself to eat, but when i did that, it did seem to help my stomach. and lemonade, i drank a lot of that, too. Hopefully it wont last much past week 12/13 for you (thats around when mine subsided). Power through! it sucks, but it will be over soon! Also, don't be afraid to ask your Dr for Zofran. I took it even tho i wasn't physically getting sick in order to take the edge off of my misery, and it helped a lot. I tried B6, seasickness bands, and ginger pills and they all did nothing.

P, the jumparoo is great! G had the same issue with her hand getting stuck, then she filled it out very nicely, and now she isn't as big of a fan of it, probably because she doesnt move anywhere in it.

Daydream, wow, 4 teeth!? Any biting yet? I am way more worried for top teeth than bottom teeth, as when G nurses, her tongue covers her bottom gums.

Jelly, i hope Flo's tummy is feeling better. How old is she now? I read your journal, but haven't kept up with commenting.

Lets see some updated pictures! Here is G

Attachments

• IMAG0974.jpg
    IMAG0974.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG1005.jpg
    IMAG1005.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4
Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is well! Lovely to hear how everyone's LOs are and I'm definitely picking up some hints and tips from you all!

Welcome Gobolino! So excited you're here! Sorry you're feeling sick! Little and often was the trick for me. I had to eat a lot of bland food from wks 7-14 or so when my appetite came back although spicy food can still upset my stomach and I used to love curry and chilli! With regards bras, I'm on the small side (A cup) and have got a little bigger but went and got properly fitted. My one maternity bra is a 34c while another place I got my usual bras and was measured as 38a when I was wearing 34a! Both bra sizes fit great and I was fitted for both. I went at 11 weeks to buy some but not sure ill need more as I've not grown much more for a bit!!

I'm 19+1 today and have my 20 wk next Tuesday!! Hoping all will be well and still going to stay team yellow! Started feeling baby moving for sure at 17+4 and its such a great feeling although I do panic when I've not felt them for a while! Had a bout of sickness again last wk and heartburn has kicked in but other than that I'm feeling quite good!! :)

Jods good kick for your scan Tuesday

Chloe loving gabbys hat

Daydream teething is a nightmare with JJ he'd get flaming high temps

Mrs p - I'm tempted to get a jumperoo this time kind of regretted not getting JJ one

Well Flo is 6 1/2 weeks now and combi feeding seems to be working really well for us and the fact she's gaining weight now makes me think it's the best of both worlds situation

hello ladies,

good to know that u & ur lil cutie's r all doin gud ! screaming, rolling,toothing :thumbup:

sorry I was MIA. so bzy with wrk & testing my sugars was hectic..on the plus side, my parents came 4rm india to be here with me 4r few months so, I've been relaxing since 10 days..

my previa is still comple so, c-sec scheduled for sep 9 ( 36/37 weeks ) no complications so far so, have my everythin crossed that it'll stay that way..
my sugar levels r ok mostly but sometimes really high. I convinced my doc into checkin them only twice a day now.hopefully I can control with diet & exercise( only 20 min walk 4r me bcuz of previa). baby's growth is on par with the average so far.

the thought of csec & preemie is scary but trying to b positive..

gobo- big congratssss :happydance: wish u H&H 9 months ! i'm still an b cup( 4rm A) so, cant help u there..hopefully ur sick feeling will go away @ 14 weeks( mine did)& bananas saved me when I was crazy hungry..

have a good weekend ladies !

Gobolino my bbs went from B to D & since stopping bf'ing back to small B I'm gutted! :( I just got a D cup when preggo when couldn't manage any more but when started bf'ing I have to admit my D's were a little tight when my bbs were full & with pads in!

Jods, yay for team yellow & feeling baby move! My heartburn started around 20 weeks too!

Daydream, 4 teeth! Ouch!

Chloe what gorgeous pics of gabby!

Yum glad everything going ok & your parents over must be lovely. Is that where you're originally from, India?

Jelly glad to hear combined feeding is working for you both! Yes you must get a jumperoo, brilliant! She's fine in it now & jumps so hard lol.

Here is Penny taken last week. We started solids yesterday, going down well so far. She's had pear the last 2 days x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
Glad to hear everyone's LO's are doing well. Great pics of Gabby and Penny!!

Jelly, glad the combi feeding is working well for you.

Yum, I hope everything stays well up to your C section! Good luck with keeping your sugars in check!

Jods, isn't it great to feel movement. I worry too much if I don't feel her as frequently as I suspect I should. I think she really is moving though, but if I'm busy I just don't notice it as much.

Gobs, hope the MS goes away soon! I was lucky and didn't really get any....maybe it's because I ate small meals all day. I've had to get bigger bras...haven't gotten any nursing ones yet as I'm not sure how big they'll get after the milk comes in. I got new bras pretty early on....I think I'm in need of some bigger ones now. I think I'll get a nursing one now.

Nothing new to report here....just feeling really big. I have about 9 weeks to go. I'm scared to think how large my belly will get. Luckily, the rest of me hasn't ballooned up....yet. I've been having some pretty bad back pain lately. It goes away if I lie down though, but I drive around a lot for work so that's when it get's bad.

thanks 4r all the wishes ladies !

gabby & penny are such cute munchkins..

jods- I agree I was going crazy till 17 weeks.then I started feeling the little movements which made my life much stressfree..there r a few fav foods,fav chairs where the baby would move..i tried those if I felt like it dint move a lot that day..silly me !

sb- u r right behind me.sorry abt the back pain..may b u can try a cold/hot pack but be sure to ask ur doc before u try..for me, its the other way around-i'm worried that my belly is little & not showing 4r 33 weeks..

mrsp- yep, i'm from india..

afm, i'm goin to get steroid shots this eve to help the baby's lungs mature just incase it decides to arrive early.my ob said I wudn't need it if its after 35/36 weeks but I cant shrug off the feeling- what if I bleed & need emergency c earlier..so, as suggested by my cousin(cardiologist) I've decided to go ahead with the shots..i'm scared- i'm told they r very painful & it'll skyrocket my sugars but its for the LO so :)

Good luck with everything, Yum! I have heard that about steroids and premies, although not about the pain. I hope its not too bad for you. Its amazing what we will put ourselves through for our LO's, isn't it? Less than a month to go for you! I hope everything goes your way and you can make it to your scheduled date.

P, adorable pic of penny! She is getting so big and expressive. Looking more like a baby instead of a newborn.

SB, wow, only 9 weeks left? Time is flying! Sorry about the back pain. Have you bought a body pillow? I had back pain until the end too, and found that helped ease it while i was sleeping, and light exercise (rowing with 3 lb weights) and yoga helped too. Are you the runner of the group? Someone on here was really active still during pregnancy.

SB, wow, only 9 weeks left? Time is flying! Sorry about the back pain. Have you bought a body pillow? I had back pain until the end too, and found that helped ease it while i was sleeping, and light exercise (rowing with 3 lb weights) and yoga helped too. Are you the runner of the group? Someone on here was really active still during pregnancy.

I have a body pillow...love it. If I have a lot of back pain the only thing that helps is to get into my cacoon as I call it :)

I was pretty active up to 25 weeks or so. It's one of the busiest times of the year for me at work so I haven't had much time to continue excersizing. That's probably why I'm getting the back pain. I stopped running about a month ago as it was just too uncomfortable. I also haven't been to yoga in a long time. I'm going to go tomorrow to my normal class. If its too much I'll start a prenatal one next week.

I'm going to take your advice and use some weights. My mother in law just gave me a kettle bell. I'll do some light lifting with it.

Baby today at 20+1. All well and looking good! Wee mite didnt cooperate for head measurements though!

Had a student so everything was double checked by another sonographer. The student said "you'll be glad to know they don't want to know babys sex" to which the reply was "oh I know what baby is!"! I was so tempted to ask but hubby said no!!! Glad we didn't find out though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1
jods- that's such a precious pic..yay for team yellow !

chloe- thanks ! it wasn't that bad actually. they stung quiet an amount for almost 3hrs & with cold pack, it was better.after first round, I slept like a baby but after my second y'day-i coudnt sleep & my sugars spiked & feelin cold but all in all not too bad..

ladies, at times,I've been feeling pressure,crampy down in my pelvic area going down to my vagina.its painful wen the LO is moving in there.i was so scared y'day thinkin I was havin contractions but it subsided after a while.i'm using cold compress with some relief but scared bcuz of my previa.. any tips much appreciated..

Sorry Yum, I don't have any tips. I had times where i would be walking and i swear it felt like baby was going to fall out of me, tons of pressure down there, and i just had to sit down and stop moving. I had contractions, as i was hooked up to a monitor when i had my version, but i never actually felt them, or if i did, they were so mild i didnt realize that was a contraction. my stomach used to get tight randomly too, but that wasn't happening when the monitor said i was having contractions. I would just take it easy and stay seated as much as you can so as to not disturb anything. Glad the shots aren't too bad. How many more do you need?

Jods, wow, such willpower! Good work for staying team yellow! How are you going to do up your nursery? in yellows, or other neutral color, or just wait until LO arrives?

Yum sorry to hear you're going through all this discomfort! Hope you can get enough time to rest which will hopefully help!

Chloe - we have bought cream and brown neutral baby bedding from next which is in a cute teddy bear design and we have kept the same wallpaper we already had which is neutral and a similar brown colour to the bears (not dark quite light!).

Finding getting neutral clothes to be more of a problem as I would prefer cream but a lot of shops are white/grey/yellow. Not looking to buy much, just a cute coming home outfit.

Our cot and dresser arrive next weekend and I don't know if I mentioned we got the oyster pram/pushchair with maxi cosi cabriofix. We don't actually have much more to buy - just some odds and ends and optional stuff like a baby sling! Bought quite a bit of stuff when offers were on at the time the royal baby was born and our parent have helped buy the big things!

Thanks ladies, she's adorable but being a little so and so at the minute with screaming/shrieking, she's been terrible today!

SB hope your back pain goes, I've got it worse now Penny is here and have been referred for physio. I had a bit pain before I got preggo though and think labour has made it worse. I used a V shape pillow which helped a lot.

Aww gorgeous scan pic jods! Yay for team yellow. I'm think if they said that without having to have a good look perhaps a boy?!

Ah Yum you'll have a beautiful baby, where's DH from and what brought you to the US? How far along are you now yum? I used to have shooting pains every time I walked the dog and got crampy in the days leading up to labour.

x

Does anyone else see the wee face in my scan just above babys nose/eyes?

My fil thought it was babys head when I sent picture after the scan and its not until I've looked again I can see why!! I'm thinking baby number 1 is looking after this baby!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79