From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Congrats jods lovely scan pic, I like the thought of someone watching over you baby

MrsP gorgeous pic can't believe your already weaning!

Yum good luck for the next few weeks - exciting you meeting baby soon

Afm - Flo has been struggling with weight still snd when went to her 6 week check shed stayed the same so we've made deciding to formula feed :-(. Feel gutted but know its the right decision .

Haha jods yes I see it! :wacko:

Aw jelly don't worry about it, best decision I made for Penny's colic, as sad as I was, you'll be fine in a week, she'll put on great weight with formula. It's scary where the time goes, I've introduced a sippy cup too & give her water during her solid feed & she feeds herself! :shock:

x

hi,

chloe - thanks 4r the advice.. i'm using cold packs when its too bad & trying to take it easy. I had 2 shots 24 hrs apart.i was told to check my sugars 4 times again just to c how it would react to steroid.

jods- ooooo, I see the face..

mrsp- I turned 34 weeks today. 3 more weeks..fx ! my dh is indian too.he moved to us for his work & stayed here since 15 yrs now.u might find it funny but our's is an arranged marriage.met my DH once & talked a couple of times & decided to get married .most marriages are still arranged in india..
sippy cup already

jelly- sorry u had to make that decision..whatever is best for little flo..hope she gains ample weight soon..

have a good weekend ladies !

hello ladies,

a quick question. i'm thinking about a 3d/4d scan. I dunno know if i'll have this experience again( I hope to) so,want to cherish this one..

my dh read somewere that what we have @ regular chekups is 2d & a 3d/4d r not safe. pls help me here ladies !

bcuz of previa, I already had 5 scans so far.

TIA !

hello ladies,

a quick question. i'm thinking about a 3d/4d scan. I dunno know if i'll have this experience again( I hope to) so,want to cherish this one..

my dh read somewere that what we have @ regular chekups is 2d & a 3d/4d r not safe. pls help me here ladies !

bcuz of previa, I already had 5 scans so far.

TIA !

My best friend (a midwife) doesn't recommend them as she says scans heat up amniotic fluid but her friend (also a midwife had one). I will have had 3 plus 4 on nhs but the private scans are short so I don't think they can be that bad. I guess you will only have one before lo arrives so I say go for it! Plenty of people do!!

Hi everyone! I've been reading lately but haven't had time for a proper post. Work is so crazy busy right now, which makes me so unhappy. I just want to soak up all my time with my baby boy. :cry:

Yum - I had a 3D scan at 31 weeks and I was SO happy I did. It really is amazing once he was here how much he really looked like the scan. It was just so nice to see him on the scan especially because we hadn't had one since the 20 week. A nice little perk to the second half of the pregnancy.

394583_977083964051_2019550014_n.jpg

Jellycat - Good for you for doing what is best for little Flo.

Jods - beautiful scan! I am thinking :blue: from the skull shape, but we will see whenever he/she arrives!

Chloe - Gabby is looking so grown up! Where did our little babies go?

Penny - I can't believe how quickly time has flown. How has weaning gone? Harrison loooooves pears. Great thing to start with.

AFM: Harrison is doing so great. His sixth tooth recently broke through. Thankfully still no bites *knock on wood* Pretty soon he's going to have a big toothy grin :) He is cruising on our furniture like crazy and our daycare provider sent us a video of him trying to stand on his own. I uploaded a few videos to my journal. It's amazing how fast time has flown. I can't believe my little guy is so close to walking. I think it will happen within the next few weeks. He loves food and we've started with some small finger foods (puffs, very cooked small macaroni noodles, bananas, avocados). He has it down pretty well, but I'm still doing the purees. He's on three meals a day with oatmeal in the morning. Still wakes up 1-2 times a night though. We are trying Wake to Sleep to try to break him of his early waking at midnight. It's made some progress, so we're going to keep it up for a week consistently and see how it goes.

Here are some pics:
1150225_10100168660609891_508474793_n.jpg

1098004_10100166708751431_1355789760_n.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5525/9550381017_2055cc123c_o.jpg

So cute, daydream. Love, love that onesie!! Also, what a cool comparison Witt he 3d scans and photos!

It's crazy how big all of your babies are. Pretty soon Yum will be a mom too, then me and Jods. Eeek. So exciting!

Loving the pics Daydream!!!!!

I'm off to see my dr today :happydance: hopefully all's still ok! I should think so, as my nausea is still as bad, and I'm burping like a man!:blush:

So many soon to be Mums!!!! :baby:

Jods, aren't you lucky to have a midwife so close!!!

Yum, I wouldn't be too worried. And the scan machine is the same for the 2D as it is for 3D, at least at my dr's office. All they had to do was flip a switch and the 3D image magically appeared. When we had our scan done, Gabby was behind her feet and cord (frank breech position) so we couldn't get a good look at her face. I didn't actually want a 3D scan tho cuz I wanted to wait to see her for real in real life. If its what you want, I say go for it!

Daydream, wow, those comparison pictures are amazing! So cute. And I can't believe he is working on his 6th tooth! G still has a big fat 0. Furniture cruising is scary...these babies are getting so big and mobile. I heard a newborn crying the other day and it was so different from how gabby sounds now. Made me wish I had a tiny one still...for a brief moment, at least :)

Gob, GL at the Dr today!

Jelly, I hope Flo gets back on track with her weight gain for you. You are doing whats best for her, and she got a good 6 weeks of your milk which is awesome! So many beneifts still, even in such a short time.

Hope all is well with everyone else! Haven't heard from Katie in a while. Hope Anne is good :)

Loving the pics Daydream!!!!!

I'm off to see my dr today :happydance: hopefully all's still ok! I should think so, as my nausea is still as bad, and I'm burping like a man!:blush:

So many soon to be Mums!!!! :baby:

Jods, aren't you lucky to have a midwife so close!!!

Good luck with the appointment! Isn't it great what our bodies do when we're pregnant!

You would think having a midwife friend would be good but it is difficult! As I said, criticised my scan and also moaned I bought angelcare monitor! Rar!

jods - I adore our angelcare monitor. We still use it because H likes to sleep on his belly now.

Ladies,

I need some advice please!

Firstly, what kind of cot bed mattress should I be getting? Foam, sprung, pocket sprung? I'm so confused!!!

Also, I have a £75 John Lewis voucher coming my way for recommending my brother to Sky! Thought I'd use it to get my changing bag! Everyone says that the changing bag is for you to use as a handbag as opposed to for the baby so I was wondering your opinions on the two I've selected below - are they gender neutral? I thought the colours would go with most outfits but need some yummy mummy opinions!

Thanks so much!!

https://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.john..._v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_1

https://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.john..._v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_3

Hello ladies,
Popping in 4r a quick reply here.. Thanks 4r all the replies..decided to go ahead with 3d scan..
Day- Harrison pics r adorableeee !

Have. Gud weekend

Thanks daydream, weaning was going great, she'd had porridge, pear, carrot (terrible at staining!!) & apple & pear together which was her fave - however she's had a sickness bug which started wed night so will be off food for another few days I think, just giving her 4oz bottles of milk. It seems to be doing the rounds in my area at the moment, her little friend was sick the week before. Loving your pics of Harrison! We think penny might be an early walker too, she's ALWAYS on her feet, they s been so strong since she was only a couple of months old.

Yum, I don't think 3D is any worse than 2D but I know my brother did some research & reckoned too many scans was bad - cant remember who for, mum or baby. I don't believe it though. Penny had 6 in total & was fine! I've got friends who had 3/4D scans.

Jods I also love my angelcare monitor, great for peace of mind. I live those bags! Particularly the first, navy one, gorgeous! What I will say though is I've got 2 bags, a leatherette mothercare bag which looks like just a normal handbag & my free boots parenting change bag, & to be honest I prefer my free one! Lighter & easier to carry...

Hi to everyone else :wave:

x

Yum, that's great you'll get such a clear view of the baby.

Jods, I like them both...I'm partial to the gray.

I'm glad the weaning is going well for you all. I think I remember reading many of you are doing BLW. Are you combining with any purées too? I've read mixed reviews on whether or not you should do both. I got a great little baby food maker and I'm not sure if I should just return it if we decide to exclusively do BLW.

jods, the bags are great! I went through a few different styles to try to match what suited mine and DH's lifestyles. I bought a large purse to hold things when i'm just on the run, and i also had a large diaper bag that DH wouldn't stop complaining was too big, so i traded that in for a backpack style bag. I still always carry a purse even with the diaper bag, although sometimes i'll just throw my wallet and phone in the diaper bag to avoid carrying around too many bags. Its all a matter of personal preference. I like the first link you posted :) And I know nothing of cot mattresses. I got a crib mattress from a cousin of a friend, and its got 2 sides, a harder infant side and a softer toddler side.

yum, I hope you post scan pics! enjoy the look at your LO

P, i hope Penny gets better soon!

SB, I was trying to do BLW, but I didn't have the courage to watch her gag and fight through it, and neither did DH so we were not very good support systems. I have a friend who did it and she said there were times that her LO would gag so much that she had to go into the other room and cry while her DH stayed with her son. Kinda scary! We give her rice cakes, puffs, avocado sticks, scrambled eggs and pieces of pancakes to eat on her own tho (tiny pieces, dont trust her to bite off pieces herself yet), and I make my own purees. I've started trying to combine flavors, so i'll mix up cubes of apple and sweet potato, beet, onion and applesauce, and am looking to try other recipes for puree combinations. I'm about to buy some lentils and star pastas for her to start eating on her own too.

Oh yes jods I forgot to answer your question re the mattress, mine is pocket sprung, just asked my friends what they had/have & they all had sprung rather than foam mattresses.

Sb, don't think I'm going to do BLW...

Thanks Chloe, she's much better today though I now feel like crap :dohh:

x

Jods....hahahaha you made me laugh! I suppose you just can't win!!!

Re the bags.....I'm not much help! I love both! ;-)

I caught penny's bug!! :dohh: Was up every half hour with sickness & diarrhoea on sat night, felt like I was dying!! :sick: but it only lasted 24hours & I'm fine now. Think it was the norovirus that seems to be doing the rounds in the UK, I know of lots of people that's had it, some of which we've had no contact with... x

That's crappy, Mrs. P. glad you're both feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->