From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Sorry you're sick MrsP - I hope you feel better soon!!

Right as rain now thanks girls :thumbup: Penny enjoyed pear & apple today so she's defo better. DH took her to her swimming class for the first time today as I was worried about spreading my bug, my goodness we have a little water baby! I was watching from the side & she lies on top of the water & kicks her legs like crazy! So cute! You don't realise how good she is until you see it from a distance! x

Hello ladies,

I liked the 3d scan xperience..glad I had one..I'll post pics wen I get home..

Mrsp- sorry u were sick..hope u get completely better soon.. That's so cute - water baby !

ladies, pls Help me chusr between Huggins / pampers ?

Gavin hard time typing on phnr - sorry , will post agin ltr!

Jods - bit luk gud but like 2ns better

Thanks 4r purée ideas

scan attachment of myLO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 6
Yum, such a cute scan! Is that a foot by his/her face? If so, good thing you are already scheduled for c-section. Gabby's feet were by her face when she was born (frank breech), so when she would lay down, her feet would fly up to her face for quite a while after birth. It was funny. Everyone could always tell she was a breech baby.

P, that's great about swimming! We are supposed to start lessons either early sept or early Nov, depending on DH's schedule. He plays on a frisbee team, so when we scheduled her lessons for sept, we didnt know he would miss every lesson due to frisbee. but i'm leaving it up to him to reschedule, so if he doesn't, it will just be me and G swimming in sept. Glad you are feeling better!

oh, and when i've tried huggies and pampers, i've always liked pampers swaddlers best. I use a chlorine free diaper now tho, called nurtured by nature. I used to have issues with diaper blow outs, but i don't know if any diaper could have contained her explosive watery poos, so I find it hard to blame the diaper. Still would like to try cloth, but just don't know how i would find the time to put all those diapers together for daycare and wash them so often.

Great scan pic!

Glad you're feeling better MrsP, caring for baby while sick is definitely one of the hardest jobs.

Chloe - We still are using our cloth dipes, we love them. No blowouts! It does get a little tedious having to do the wash. We have pocket diapers, so we have to stuff them with the inserts. I think I'm going to gradually buy some of the bumgenius elementals since those are all in ones and hopefully by the time we're at baby #2 we will have a full stash of all in ones so we can skip the stuffing diapers step.

Daydream, where do you store your soiled diapers? DH is under the impression they have to be stored in a pail of water until they get washed, is this true? What brand do you use now?

Yum that's a great pic! Amazing! My friends and I are pampers all the way... In fact they're stopping selling huggies nappies (but not pull ups & swim pants) in the uk shortly. Assume they're not doing so well so bowed out. Penny's had a few leaks with huggies though pampers aren't perfect. Think we have different types in uk as not heard of swaddlers, we have baby dry, active fit & simply dry, my friend says simply dry are rubbish... I do however love huggies pure wipes if you have them there! Take my hat off to you ladies who use reusable nappies, can't imagine how much hassle it is & where you get the time to wash them!

x

hello ladies,

thanks 4r all the help with diapers.

hats off from my side too, for those cloth diaper users..

chlo- its his/her arm.. at the beginning of scan , lo had foot in front of the face & wouldn't move it. LO always sticks out something on one side of belly..now, I know what she/he is upto..
at my last scan, I was told LO is in perfect position, not that it matters in my situation :)

I attended a C-section class today & honestly i'm freaking out big time..it may sound silly but she showed the Foley catheter & I cant get it out of my mind. I know labor is not easy but i'm such a sissy wen it comes to any pain..

Cute scan, Yum!

We will be using cloth. There's a diaper service in my area where they pick up dirty ones and drop off clean ones once a week. We will use it in the beginning while we get used to being parents. They only do pre-folds though. We will be supplementing with some pockets and all-in-ones and I'm sure some disposables too. I'm really hoping we get the hang of cloth.

Daydream, have you used any other types besides pockets. I'm not sure what I'm gong to like. From what I've read I should buy a few different kinds to see what world best.

We use bumgenius 4.0s and also have the flip system, both with snap closures. Our everyday use is the 4.0s (pocket style) and we really like them. I've used the flips with disposable inserts when travelling, and that is nice so we don't have to bring back a ton of laundry. We have 1 bumgenius elemental (all in one) that we have in rotation that I do like, so I think I will start buying more of those.

When they are dirty, we store in a dry pail (actually a trashcan with a liner (similar to this https://www.simplehuman.com/30-litre-round-step-can-fingerprint-proof-brushed-stainless-steel but we got at Home Goods on sale for like $30) and liner is this https://www.planetbambini.com/planet-wise-pail-liners/ that we just throw into the laundry when we do the wash, we have two so we always have 1 clean). For poop, now that he's on solids we spray into the toilet with our diaper sprayer. (though half the time we can just turn it upside down and.. plop!)

For wash, we do it every three days because we have enough in our stash to go that long. we have a really good new washer/dryer, so it's easy from that sense. Just put in washer, do 1 wash cycle on cold, no spin, extra rinse. then 1 cycle hot, extra high spin, extra rinse. Then inserts go into the dryer and we line dry the shells. With the all in one, we put the whole thing in the dryer and it does great. Really the hardest part is just stuffing the diapers, so that's why I think I want to gradually move to all in ones and just keep some pocket diapers for our extra stuffed nighttime diapers.

Hello ladies,
Hope all r doin good !

My csection is on Monday @ 8am..I'm Xcited & freaking a bit at the same time..
Any last minute suggestions would b of great help..
Have a gud weekend !

Good luck yum!! I don't have c section advice, but for hospital advice: bring slippers, take lots of pictures (yes even of yourself, no matter how bad you think you look). It goes by fast and you'll want to remember those early moments/hours/days.

Goo luck, yum! Definitely bring slippers. And I brought a pillow too cuz the hospital ones sucked. And they didn't provide soap or shampoo for the shower either. As for c section, as much as it will hurt to move, definitely get up and walk around as soon as they let you. Will make for a much better recovery. And when they offer pain meds, especially before the first time u walk, take them. I tried to be all strong and only take half the dose. They convinced me otherwise and I'm glad. Pain meds didn't affect the baby at all, she still.latched well and wasn't lethargic or anything. Walk around as often as u can to help with healing.. And just know that it gets way less painful after that initial time u have to walk. And enjoy the excuse that u can't walk so DH can change all the diapers at the hospital. Those first few poops are quite interesting. Can't wait to hear how it goes and what u had! Do u have names picked out?

All has been relatively quiet over here lately. Swim lessons were pushed back a week so.they start next weekend. Gabby gets up on all 4s and rocks and pushes herself backwards, or else pivots around, but still no forward movement. Still no teeth, but we are starting to give her small chunks of frits and soft foods like cheese and pasta. At her 9 month appt we found out she weighed 19 lb 15oz and was 28.75" long, which put her above 75% for.both, but she has a tiny head, only 32%.

Hope everyone is well!

Good luck tomorrow, Yum!!! You must be so excited to meet your LO.

Thanks for all the diaper tips, Daydream!! I got my first shipment of fitteds, pre folds and covers this week. They are so cute!

Thanks 4r all the wishes & advice ladies !
Will post again wen possible!
Tc!

Aww good luck yum! Can't believe the time has come already, seems like yesterday you were announcing your BFP! So exciting! Can't wait to hear news :hugs:

Ah Chloe gabby still no teeth bless her. My mum said all 3 of her kids were late teethers, not sure how late though! I think up to 1 year is normal? :shrug: Sounds like she'll be crawling soon! Hope she enjoys swimming.

Penny has a bit of a cold at the minute & a cough but I'm sure the cough is sometimes put on, it's funny lol. She's started reaching out for us now to be picked up which is lovely. Think that's about it developmental wise that's new... Oh & she laughs at the dog now!! So cute! She's showing interest in the cats now too & holds a hand out to stroke them. Just got to be careful with one of the cats though he can bite if he's in a bad mood! :wacko: but can be a lovely friendly cat, like Jekyll & Hyde ha ha.

x

Just a quick hi to all you ladies!!! No internet for the past two weeks....so lots of catching up to do!

Yum, I hope everything went well for you and that you and you're LO are doing great!

Hi Gobs!!

Daydream, Chloe and Mrs. P, we need some updated pics of those cute babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->