From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

I hope Penny is getting over her cough. Harrison fake coughs a lot to be funny. And yay for reaching out to you! That is a pretty fun milestone.

Harrison has been laughing more lately. He's always so smiley, but never really has been much of a laugh out loud baby. But he'll laugh if we do a big fake laugh. He's still all about the "ga"s but you can tell he's reaching to say some other consonants. We are still working to night wean him. We have been holding him and having him cry for a hour (he generally doesn't cry the whole time, just fusses and won't go back down) before we feed him. Torture, but it's worked! Instead of waking at 11pm, he's holding out until 1am. So we're just going to keep it up until I can get him to sleep until 5am. Slowly but surely. He's also getting so close to standing unassisted. For food he's doing a few more finger foods, but I still cut them up into small bite sizes. I generally just do a mix of various purees. I've also added quinoa mixed in for a grain with some texture.

Monday was a big milestone, outside of the belly for exactly as long as he was in my belly :) Oh the joys of having a IUI, I know the exact date.

1237057_10100179639822461_1502811618_n.jpg

1234928_10100179639862381_249254710_n.jpg

1209400_10100179639772561_1312436027_n.jpg

1239879_10100179615571061_139124849_n.jpg

1185881_10100179615561081_1374749078_n.jpg

Wow, H is getting so big! Such a cute little man. Love the last one of him with that big smile!!

I've been lucky and have had a great pregnancy so far. Now I'm getting to that point where it's getting uncomfortable. The day time is ok, but once I eat dinner I feel like a house. I probably eat to much :) but I swear I can feel my belly growing and stretching at that point.

My company hired a full time employee to take my position while I'm on leave and she started this week. I am psyched to have someone else to do the heavy lifting for me. This week has been exhausting though as we have events every night this week! I even have to work this Sat. I'm making her help though I'll set her up and she can finish the event :) I plan on working right until the end. I don't want to stop a week early and go two weeks late. Because I'm only taking three months off, I want all the time to be with my little girl!

That's so exciting, you're getting so close!! And yes from 35 weeks on I felt very very big. It'll go quickly though!

What a sweet little man you have, daydream! Love that last pic, too! Wanted to ask you how BF is giong, and if you've noticed any supply changes with pumping now that H is on solids too? I asked this question on our snowflakes thread too. My pumping supply is tanking :( I think once a week i have to use some of my freezer stash, so what I built up for DH to use while I'm out of town in Nov will be gone by then at this rate!

SB, can't believe you are so close! Just about a month left, give or take. I remember that last month to me seemed like an eternity. I just wanted to meet her, already! and to stop carrying around an extra 30 lbs.

Hope the C section went well, Yum, and that you are recovering nicely! Looking forward to stories/pictures!

Here are a few updated Gabby pics.

Katie, Nell, Cat, Gob, MrsP, Jods, hope you are all well!

Attachments

• IMAG1078.jpg
    IMAG1078.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG1088.jpg
    IMAG1088.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG1116.jpg
    IMAG1116.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 6
  • PicsArt_1378677525717.jpg
    PicsArt_1378677525717.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi all - just catching up!! Loving the pics of your LOs - too cute!

Sbmack - not long to go now!!

Yum - hope everything went well!

Afm I've had my 24 wk checkup, booked antenatal classes and submitted my maternity leave request today!! 12 working weeks left!!! Aiming to work until 13 December then mat leave commences 20 dec as I've got some holiday leave. Going to take the whole of 2014 off and aim to go back 2 January 2015! Odd date I know but sounds ok at the moment and if need be I might extend another week or so. I hope baby arrives 30, 31 or 1 because my job doesn't allow hols at the start of a month as this is our busiest time!

Also, tonight our girl cat was poorly and DH dealt with her but I had to hold her at one point and noticed I got a little poop on my hand. I washed thoroughly straight away!! Our cats are predominantly indoor and don't eat raw milk so I think toxoplasmosis risk is low but I'm still a little worried - any thoughts?

Gabby's getting so big! Is that a cheerleader outfit in the last pic?? :)

Jods, how amazing that you get to take a year off!! I don't know much about toxoplasmosis, but I would think you're fine since you washed right away.

I called triage and they said not to worry! I read up and risks are probably higher from undercooked food!!

I forget where you are Sbmack. I could take 52 weeks mat leave with 26 weeks full pay (my company mat pay is amazing) then 13 weeks statutory then 13 unpaid but I will have about 7 weeks unpaid and then will take my annual leave entitlement for the rest of the year. It's going to be strange having to manage our pay early on when baby first arrives so that we have enough aside for when I'm on statutory and unpaid but we are determined to make it work!

Hoping the next 15 weeks go quickly now!

I'm in the US (New Hampshire). I'm getting my full salary while on leave, which is somewhat rare here so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm even getting my car allowance every month, which is a sweet bonus since I won't be driving for work. It's rare here for women to take more than three months off....wish I could though. I will be going back four days a week instead of five though and still get to keep my insurance. My husband is on my insurance since he works for a small company so we really need mine.

Wow I guess it really is a lot different in the states! It's good you get some of your benefits while on maternity too! At least you are working up til the end and have someone to help you!

Wow jods that must feel great saying you're not back til 2015!! I know I was over the moon in feb to say see you next year! I'm back on 6th jan. We have same maternity pay as you but no way we could manage no pay, I'm taking 11 weeks smp after my 6 months full pay which started on 11th sept, then it's holidays til jan. SB I couldn't imagine going back after 3 months like you US ladies, we are sooo lucky over here! I wouldn't worry about the cat poop, people will come across it regularly in their garden & it does no harm. I know they say not to clean litter trays out as a precaution though.

Wow daydream & Chloe, Harrison & gabby are just adorable! Not be long before they are one! :wacko: Penny is 26 weeks today though we're not classing her as 6 months until Sunday, the 15th (day she was born) which will match my ticker. Here is an updated pic.

Yum hope you & baby are doing well

x

Penny, 6 months x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 6
Ooh cat will have had her baby by now she's 45 weeks preggo lol! x

Great shots of Penny!! I especially love the one in the rain slicker.

Yes, the US is horrible for maternity care (and a lot of healthcare in general). At least I'll be getting a free breast pump now that Obamacare has gone into effect!!

Penny and Gabby are so adorable!! I can't believe our babies are already getting so big!

Chloe - Harrison hasn't decreased his milk intake much since starting solids. Maybe dropped one feeding during the day? I did drop 1 pump session during the day, so we're ending up exactly even with milk now, whereas I was running extra 4-5 oz a day. Have you tried doing a power pumping day? They talk about it on kelly mom: https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/pumping_decrease/

SB - glad you are able to get a paid maternity leave. Mine was fully paid and I was so grateful. The US is just awful, I don't know how some women do it. My best friend went back to work at 6 weeks because she couldn't afford more time off. She also had awful PPD, which I think was exacerbated by her short leave.

Hi all - just catching up!! Loving the pics of your LOs - too cute!

Sbmack - not long to go now!!

Yum - hope everything went well!

Afm I've had my 24 wk checkup, booked antenatal classes and submitted my maternity leave request today!! 12 working weeks left!!! Aiming to work until 13 December then mat leave commences 20 dec as I've got some holiday leave. Going to take the whole of 2014 off and aim to go back 2 January 2015! Odd date I know but sounds ok at the moment and if need be I might extend another week or so. I hope baby arrives 30, 31 or 1 because my job doesn't allow hols at the start of a month as this is our busiest time!

Also, tonight our girl cat was poorly and DH dealt with her but I had to hold her at one point and noticed I got a little poop on my hand. I washed thoroughly straight away!! Our cats are predominantly indoor and don't eat raw milk so I think toxoplasmosis risk is low but I'm still a little worried - any thoughts?

Jods! I'm sure it's fine! Funny...I was brought up in the country, cats in and out...and I haven't had toxoplasmosis. Annoying, since I looove cuddling them!

Loving the pics!!! :baby:

The states have awful maternity leave! I'm lucky...jobless, so lazing around :winkwink:
I'm now 13 weeks. I've been taking nausea pills for the past 10 days. I stopped yesterday, to see if I was getting better....:nope::sick: So will wait at least another week to try again. My 12 week screen was fine. Next one we will know sex!!! I've just been through my clothes, to put away those that don't fit anymore, and see what jeans/trousers I can take to a visit to the UK in a couple of weeks. Result: NIL! Nothing fits!!!! Help!!!!! I guess I'm not going to be one of those mums who just grow a bump and carry on wearing their jeans!

Thanks for the advice daydream! I have started taking supplements and adding a pumping session (which is the last thing i want to do!) but luckily only 2 more months of this! I do worry that I wont have any stash for DH/Daycare when I have to go out of town for work in early november. G turns 1 on Nov 28, and my trip out is on Nov 10. I'm hoping to start the transition to whole milk at that time, so maybe what little frozen I have left will get stretched out. I will be gone monday evening - friday afternoon, and I don't think there is any way I will have enough pumped milk to feed her during that time. I hope something changes with my supply by then! ugh.

SB, that's good that you get your full salary. I know a lot of mom's aren't that lucky. I was one of the lucky ones, for 6 weeks, at least.

P, love the Penny pics! She is a cutie!

Gob, sorry you are still feeling sick. Soon! I think i felt better somewhere in the 13-14 week time frame.

Jods, a little late, but i wouldn't worry, as long as you washed your hands. I think toxoplasmosis is more common in outdoor cats, too. And think of how your cat uses the litter box, and then its feet to cover over the poo, and then how it walks EVERYWHERE, so i'm sure you have the same, if not more, exposure to their poo that way than by accidentally and knowingly getting a little poo on you. Oh, and I'm a cat lover and have 2 cats myself, so i'm not trying to be insulting when i say they are everywhere. They just are, as that is the life of a cat :) But I do look at them sometimes and think of all the things those little paws have touched, and then they walk on my counters/kitchen table/bed...

We had our first swimming class on Saturday! G enjoyed it, although I think she was stil a bit apprehensive, and it was kinda chilly in the pool. Her lips turned blue, poor little thing, and I was shivering too. She was super cranky all weekend, and for the first time in months she woke up at 1130 pm and wouldn't go back to bed until 150 am..that was a rough nite. I wonder if she is FINALLY teething?? Haven't seen any teeth yet, but man is the crankiness there, and she was grabbing at her ears a little, and has become super clingy to mommy. For the first time this morning i heard a 'mamama' when she wasn't crying! She only ever would say it when crying before, so that was pretty exciting :)

I hope you feel better soon, Gobs!! Have you looked into getting a belly band? Its an elastic band that you can out around your regular pants while leaving them unbuttoned. I wore one for a while. It was good for the stage where our noticeably bigger, but don't really need maternity pants yet. I'm at the stage where even my maternity pants aren't fitting anymore. Yikes! Everyone tells me I'm all belly, but I think they are just being nice. I could barely zip up a pair of boots yesterday!

For the moms out there...did your feet grow? If so, did they satay that way or go back after? Forgive me if I've already asked this. Feeling pretty forgetful lately!

Chloe, I can't believe Gabby will be one in a couple months!!! I hope she's enjoying swim lessons even though it's chilly. Yay for her calling to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->