From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Her name is Stella Grace after both of my grandmothers. She went 9 days without a name! We were deciding between Stella and Evelyn. We would call her one name for a day and the other name the next day haha. We're crazy. We liked them both equally so we went with Stella since it's a family name.

I forgot to say Happy New Year!

Mrs. P, Are you trying to tell us something with the 2014 babies comment?? :)

I'm thinking we will NTNP when Stella is around 6 months. It seems crazy, but we don't really dtd that much right now anyway and it took close to a year of trying before.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year, ladies! P and SB, such cute little girls!! I love seeing updated pics of them :)

I think we will NTNP in the summer, when G is around 18 months. I actually feared I might be pregnant about a week ago because i had sore nipples and cramping, and the sore nipples was something i had when preggo with G, but never as a PMS sign. But then I sorta had a period...some brownish bleeding for about 2-3 days, and then it went away, as did the sore nipples. But I'm on the mini pill, so I don't know how that affects AF. If that was AF, this was my first one since Feb 2012!

We are NTNP in June (setting "the date" as 6/18, his 1.5 birthday), because it took us 16 cycles to conceive. We will TTC when H turns 2 and then call up our RE if nothing by 6/18/15. I don't want them to be too far apart, but we're enjoying our time with just H for now.

Chloe - Lucky you going this long after weaning! Are you still doing nighttime and morning feeds? I've just finished my third cycle postpartum, I always get super sore nipples when nursing a day or two before AF starts. This time though, my flow was SO HEAVY. I use the divacup, which usually I just have to empty once a day during my cycle, I was having to empty every hour, still leaking through, leaked all over at night, it was awful. Hopefully it's just a one time thing now that we've pretty much completely daytime weaned. I don't want to have to deal with it like that every month!

Happy new year! 3 days passed her due date we welcomed baby Grace on 2nd January at 19:21 weighing 7lb 9oz and 50cm long. We are smitten!

Labour pain started at midnight on 2nd and I went into maternity unit to be assessed at 11am when I was 2cm. Went home to progress and had to call just before 3 as I was contracting every 3 minutes and in a lot of discomfort. The midwife went to do an internal and as I was contacting before it my water popped! She checked me and I was 10!!'

Went to pool and laboured on mattress until pool filled. Began pushing to get head down about 3 and she was born at 19:21. Had to come out of pool as my contractions slowed for getting her out. I was threatened with an episiotomy but didn't need it. I laboured in the beginning with tens machine and had no other pain relief!!! I wasn't going to have the injection to deliver placenta but it was advised as my contractions slowed. I'm so proud of myself and my DH for helping me through. We stayed one night in midwife unit and got home today! We're so in love with her!

Will post a pic soon xx

Wonderful birth story Jods! Congratulations and what a beautiful name! I wish you the best over these next few weeks as you settle in with your new family.

Congrats Jods!!!!! Well done!!!! Love the name, so happy for you ;-)

Grrrrrr just typed long message & lost it all!!!! Wish bnb would do a good app, I find it so hard to reply on this stupid mobile version & never go on the laptop! Will re type later but just wanted to say huge congrats to jods on the birth of baby grace! :happydance: x

Congrats, jods! Sounds like a great birth. Love the name! Can't wait to see a pic :)

Yep, I am still doing night and morning bf. She will bite now tho sometimes if she loses her grip to prevent it from slipping out, or at initial latch because she is so ravenous. That is no fun.

Have a great weekend!

Jodspods - congratulations :) Beautiful name - it's my Leilas middle name and I wish we had saved it for baby 2!

Hi all, long time no post - sorry. I read most days but you guys move too fast and i'm terrible at typing on my ipad. Like mrs pttc i just never get near the laptop anymore.

Leila and i are good. She is bum shuffling and crawling but no interest in standing/ walking so i suspect she might run close to the 18month milestone cut off. She has 16 of 20 teeth now ( hoorah the end is nigh), has 3 meals eating pretty much as we do and 1 bottle just before bed because she will not have milk in a cup.
I am pregnant with number 2 and due in April. We had 15 frozen embryos on ice, my cycles returned only 5 weeks after Leilas birth while BF, were regular and spot free so in July we decided to just go for it. This time it took 1 cycle not 5, which was a real surprise.

Pregnancy has been really hard v's Leilas, counting the weeks down already tbh.

Yay! So much good news. Jods, Congrats on the birth of Grace. Love the name and can't wait to see pics! It sounds like you had a lovely birth.

Nell, congratulations on your second!!! I hope you've had a great pregnancy thus far. Eeeks. April is right around the corner. .

Wow, Nell, congrats! Sorry it has been harder this time. I can't imagine being pregnant and taking care of gabby at this age! You are strong! :)

Nell - That's amazing! Congratulations!! I'm sorry this pregnancy has been rough. How has it been being pregnant with a little one?

Wow congrats Nell!!! Wonderful news!!! And very brave, but worth it! I can't imagine caring for a little one at the moment...I guess you just get superhuman strength when you're a Mum!
I'm quite big now. LO is one and a half kilos already, and a week and a half "ahead". Big boy. Hope he doesn't get too big!
I've been told off for putting on too much weight. I've put on 15kg (sorry, no idea pounds). And still at 29 weeks. But I've been eating so well. I only indulge maybe on a couple of bikkies a day, nothing else. (Bar Xmas... :-/) But I also have water retention, so that could be part of the extra weight (so DH says). So careful with food (but I already do!) and no milk (oat milk is better). Acid reflux is very bad some nights, but learning to deal with it. Just dead tired at the mo as have a cold....I'd love a nap, but acid reflux won't allow it after lunch, and not sleeping well at night. So, I just can't imagine all this with a lil one around!!! Yikes!
Hope Jods and lil Grace are doing well. Nice to hear from you MrsPTTC!

Thanks all, yes it is pretty tough pregnant with a little one, especially as until 12 months she was super clingy and didn't even crawl - lifting has been tough as i've been hit with round ligament pain this pregnancy. I don't know if it would have been magically easier if i waited until she was 2 or 3 though, i imagine physically easier but perhaps tough on Leila then getting to grips with sharing Mummy maybe.

Unfortunately it's been extra hard because this pregnancy started as a multiple, which was immensely stressful. My clinic had no twin pregnancies from double frozen embryo transfers in the last 3 years. As it took 7 embryos and 4 transfers to get Leila i felt comfortable with transferring two, not least because two good embryos survived the thaw and i just couldn't throw one away. Despite the odds i was pregnant with triplets and it was terrifying, sadly i lost the identical twins a few days apart at 12 weeks. Due to starting out as triplets and the loss this LO has been at high risk too so we were very late to announce. I'm 27 weeks now though and things look pretty good.

gobolino, i hadn't realised we were due so close :) i had acid reflux with my first pg, towards the end i found the only real help was sleeping ( or rather not, as i get pg insomnia!) propped up on 3 pillows and only having a very light evening meal.

Oh Nell, wow what a journey. I'm very sorry to hear about the identical twins. I'm glad things are better now, and I hope the rest of this pregnancy is easier on you.

Sorry to hear Nell....what a journey. I'm glad all is ok now. I can't believe we're so close!!

oh wow, so sorry to hear that, Nell :hugs: I forget, did you have a c section with Leila? I thought you might have, so i'm wondering how it felt being pregnant so soon after a c section. If not, feel free to ignore me :) Are you symptoms pretty similar to the last pregnancy (aside from the round ligament pain), with morning sickness, sore body parts, food aversions, etc?

Gob, sorry to hear about the reflux. i had it mildly when i was pregnant, and i would prop myself up on pillows but that was never a comfortable position to sleep in. I am a side sleeper so i would try to mound up pillows and then curl up on my side with my big pregnancy pillow. i would always wake several times with hip pain tho. ah the joys of pregnancy! So worth it tho.

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here for ages, life got hectic and I couldn't keep up with the posts. I had free time to read through some recents posts and wanted to say hi.
Sb, I know it's past due, but still, congrats on your baby! Stella is a cutie!
Jodi, I loved the article about you. You and your husband look beautiful and so happy. Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl, Grace is such a beautiful name!
Hi, MrsP! Penny looks adorable!
Nell, congratulations on number two! What a story about the multiples. Sorry about your loss. I hope the rest of the pregnancy is easier on you and goes smoothly.
Gobolino, glad your pregnancy is going well, you're so close!
Holy moly, daydream, 500 oz of donated breast milk??? You are my hero!
Happy belated birthday to Gabby and Harrison! Chloe, daydream, your birthday parties looked great!
I loved all the pictures of your little ones, wow, time flies, everyone looks so big! It sounds like many of you are thinking about having another baby. I am DYING to have another one. My first pregnancy was easy and Anne's been such a great baby I feel like I'm ready for number two.
Happy New Year everybody!

So good to hear from you Katie! And yes, I loved pregnancy and H is a dream, so it's hard not to start trying right away. But I'm trying to enjoy all I can out of having my first born before we jump on the ttc wagon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->