From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Thanks Chloe :thumbup:

Sbmack sending you tons of :hugs: stick beanie stick! :dust:

x

So I still won't know what's really going on until Monday, but I'm feeling optimistic. I haven't been bleeding all weekend. Just some light brown spotting on and off. No cramping either. I would think that if I were miscarrying I would be bleeding. Also on another thread a few girls said my levels weren't that abnormal. I really wish the midwife didn't call with such a grim outlook on Friday. It's really made for a horrible weekend. I have been feeling better though because the lack of bleeding.

I hope everyone had a great weekend with their little ones!!

That's good the bleeding is better sbmack. I don't know much about levels but from things I've read I thought it sounded fine. Fingers crossed for you

Katie and Daydream, thanks for sharing photos! Your babies are gorgeous!!

Sbmack, fingers crossed for you. Your HCG sounds fine. Mine was 4771 at 5+1. This website seems to think you're 5+4 or later so a great result! https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Ahhh that's great news sbmack, what happens tomorrow then, do you get more bloods or a scan? x

Glad things seem to be looking up sb! I'm rooting for you

Ahhh that's great news sbmack, what happens tomorrow then, do you get more bloods or a scan? x

I go back for more bloodwork. I don't think they'll do a scan. Not really sure though.

They'll probably recheck hcg to make sure it's going up. Have they talked about giving you progesterone? Maybe ask about that on Monday

Hope the numbers have gone up Hun. It should only be a week or so before they could see the foetus & heartbeat on a scan so I wonder cos of your bleed if they'll do one or make you wait for the first proper scan :shrug: x

They did a scan on Friday and just saw a sac. Not sure if they could see a yolk sac. The midwife was consulting with my dr., but I didn't get to speak with her then. I'm hoping to see a dr. tomorrow.

Oh yes I forgot they'd already done one, they'll prob do another one at the end of the week then. Keep us posted :hugs: x

sbmack - I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm glad you're feeling optimistic this weekend. I don't think there's any reason not to feel optimistic at this point. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Sb, your story sounds so much like mine - bleeding, no cramping and really bad news on Friday making for a miserable weekend. Thinking of you!

So I just got back from meeting with a doctor. I seriously want to punch the midwife in the face that told me I was most likely miscarrying! The dr. was much more optimistic and said that the light bleeding and spotting could happen for a number of reasons. I got bloodwork done today. Will know more when I get my results tomorrow. Trying to stay hopeful for now.

It's awful when medical staff do things like that! She shouldn't have told you that if she didn't know, don't these people realise what it does to people's emotions! Good luck with the test results! Fingers crossed for you x

Oh gosh, sb, I can totally relate. I wanted to kill that nurse practitioner who told me I had miscarried. My ob wasn't in the office that day and I only came in to get my blood drawn. I described my bleeding to the nurse and she 'matter-of-factly' announced, oh, you miscarried and left me alone in the room. 30 seconds later I heard her laughing with someone next door. I thought that was so rude and inconsiderate. I didn't expect her to cry with me, but she handled it terribly. When I got back and found out my levels were rising I wanted to kill her. Since that day she avoided me every time I went back to the office.

I hope your blood work is good, sb! Keep us posted, fingers crossed!

Oh gosh, sb, I can totally relate. I wanted to kill that nurse practitioner who told me I had miscarried. My ob wasn't in the office that day and I only came in to get my blood drawn. I described my bleeding to the nurse and she 'matter-of-factly' announced, oh, you miscarried and left me alone in the room. 30 seconds later I heard her laughing with someone next door. I thought that was so rude and inconsiderate. I didn't expect her to cry with me, but she handled it terribly. When I got back and found out my levels were rising I wanted to kill her. Since that day she avoided me every time I went back to the office.

I hope your blood work is good, sb! Keep us posted, fingers crossed!

What a bitch she was Katie!! :grr: laughing straight after too! :growlmad: x

Katie, that's horrible! What an awful woman. I hope you give her the stink eye every time you see her. I am going to make a note at my dr.'s office that I refuse to see this midwife.

My dr. called today and my levels are up! They haven't doubled since Friday but there up to 25k from 16k so I'm feeling a lot better.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!

There is a chart which states the average level for your stage is 13k and over 6k they go up slower and only double every 4 or more days so I would say your doing fab! Great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->