From Ttc buddies - bump buddies 2014 (2 blue bumps, 2 pink bump) all babies are here!

Just another quick update, saw the Midwife at a home visit today, BP was up but not enough to be sent in about it. lost my plug last night/this morning but so far not much going on, BH's have got stronger but no pain at all and not enough to stop me doing anything.

Got a midwife appointment at a hospital not local to me on Sunday to see the MW i saw today again, everywhere local is booked up.

Hoping to have had him by then but they said they might be able to induce me if i've not because if my MW's words "theres no point keeping him in now! He's all set!"

Owl, sending you lots of good vibes that you have your little boy here soon!

Momwife ur company sounds very confusin .. I think fillin it in just in case wud b a good idea but obviously don't get ur hopes up as they have let u down ... :hugs: .. Glad everything goin well baby wise!!

Owl still no baby .. I agree with ur midwife he's over cooked now n definitely needs to come out :) .. I hope they help u along u must b sooo tired shame man ..

Den I hope u doing good :)

As 4 me -i had NY baby shower was amazin .. I can't believe my Shelley cud b here in like 2 weeks (gynae's thoughts) haha wow .. Time has flown !

I'm doing okay - hubby left this morning for 2 weeks of training in New York. I cried like a baby I'm not going to lie. So thankful I have my son here to help me through. Luckily when he gets home I'll be set to go on maternity leave so that's exciting.

How's everyone else?

Glad to hear everyones ok, Sorry to hear that was upsetting Den he'll be home before you know it x My OH used to work as a Live-in-carer and would be away for weeks or months at a time so i know how hard that is, not sure i'd cope now. Stay strong :) x

Still no baby hear, saw a MW at the hospital for today appointment. i had another BP and urine check today which were good and got another sweep done. This MW she really went for it... i thought she was about to pull him out with the way it was so painful this time. She said theres no progression and would debate the 3cm the other MW said and put it more as 2-3cm today.
more waiting for me x

Keep the updates coming ladies :) x

My goodness owl I can't believe you still waiting .. How scary . Lol mw can b painful .. They really don't know how tortu b gentle thnkgoodness the only internals I had was at 5 weeks lol ...

Den so sorry about ur oh must b hard. Wow .. I cudnt live a day without mine but any ways that's no longer happenin ..

Looks like I'm goin to b a semi single mom boyfriend ni have split up ... I have had no sleep for a day lol 24hours ... Hope she's ok ..

Oh Molt :( I don't know what to say x Are you ok? xxx

Molt, I am so sorry to hear that! How are you doing? Sending big hugs your way!

Owl, sorry to hear you're not progressing yet, but I'm sure things will get moving soon. My son was born 5 days overdue so they def. come when they're ready lol!

We had a nice afternoon swimming and had lunch with a friend of mine and her young daughter. My son had so much fun and is now having a nap. Think I'll crack open a non-alcoholic beer and relax a little.

Hi ladies, Just an update! Baby Joshua arrived into the world at 4:02am on 11th June x

Turned out that it was labour i was feeling and oh wow was that an experience.

Mild cramps started at 6pm lasting 10seconds every 45-30 minutes ish.
10pm my back waters broke. contractions instantly jumped up to every 5-10 lasting 30-60 seconds.
10:30pm called the hospital and got sent in.
11pm had an internal done still 3 cm (had been since EDD) front waters got broken
11:30pm moved to delivery suite started on gas and air
1:30am was given pethedin
2:30am demanded an epidural, got another internal " Oh i can see his head no time for one!"
3am started actively pushing and he was born at 4:02am :)

He's now 4 days old X

Owl congrats on baby Joshua! That is the same name as my husband and hubby want the baby to have his name. I arm happy for you! I know you ate glad this is over and you finally get to hold him in your arms. How much did he weigh if you don't mind me asking

Congratulations owl .. Wow 11th of june he really enjoyed mommy's warm uterus :) aw Joshua is.an amazin name I wonder who is going to be next :) .. Sounds like ur birth was a smooth one yay so excited !! :wohoo: ..

I'm ok .. I'm tryin to fix things even tho he shud be feel like there is someone else cos he even forgets im on the fone lol anyways .. I'm quite sore n shelley is semi busy .. Owl whats the difference between bak n front waters I had no idea there was such a thing

He was 7lbs 13oz :)

If I remember correctly what was said it is the same sack but the front is over the head and can stay intact. If the front goes it's preferred but if the back goes only like mine the head can't progress downwards properly until the front is broken or goes

Not sure if that makes sense

Moltal, glad to know that you are doing ok. I hope everything works out for you. :hugs:

Owl, Wow 7lbs 13 oz awwwwwww!!! That's great!!! Are you going to breastfeed or formula feed? :flower::hugs:

Congrats Owl!! What a beautiful name. So happy for you!

How's everyone else?

I'm doing good - my husband will be home in 4 days, I can't wait, I've missed him so much. We also have a date for Gracie's arrival - Csection booked for July 25! :happydance:

I'm breast feeding, combining abit of expressed milk from a bottle to let OH help with the feeds. It was a life saver a few days ago as Josh seemed to like gumming my nipples hard... Brought me to tear a few times but he's stopped now thankfully

I hope everyone is well

Thanks momwife :hugs: ...

Owl I seriously just thought if waters broke n wam ban labour lol I know so lil haha I mean I had no idea about the plancenta untill I was 12 weeks lol :rofl: ..

Den omg .. Gracie might be here before shelley if she wants to stay put .. Sounds like amazing news!! Seein gynae on thursday so we shall c what shelley's plans are lol

Haha I thought the same but when they examined me and said she would break my waters I was like "are you telling me I've been peeing myself for the past hour?!?" Haha

Amazing really, was totally surprised lol

Sooo! I wonder who's next!?

Owl, that is great that you are breastfeeding. I am going to breastfeed this time and stick with it longer than 1 week! LOL! I have to research everything about breastfeeding so that I can do it longer this time. Wow!! I laughed so hard about peeing on yourself!! Well you didn't know. The things we go through while trying to deliver a baby. How often do you feed him every 2 hrs? Sorry if I keep asking bunch of questions.

You are welcome Moltal:flower:

Den, yay July 25th!!!!!! That is great that your husband will be home soon. :hugs:

I know I am going to be the last to have my baby!! I have my appt tomorrow and I will also have my scan as well. So 2 appts in one day but at the same hospital. Well I better get used to getting scans every week starting July 2nd! At least I can see him every week. LOL!! This heat is really bothering me. I have my DD's playing on the porch with their toys. I already warned them that they was going to be mad at me since I was not going to the playground but their dad will take them on the weekends. They understand, they just want to be around me. I'm wondering how they are going to act when their baby brother is here. :shrug:

Can't believe DS is 1 week old already

Awww I'm sure they will adjust to your new little one MomWife, even though they might be alittle displeased at first :) x I really do feel for you in the heat, it never really got all that hot here but i couldn't stand any temperature above freezing point hah.
As for the feeds they are every 2-3 hours usually, now and again he'll decide that the hour or less since his last feed was long enough and shout out for more ha.
I'd certainly say try it again, i was on the verge of giving up with the breastfeeding on day 4, DS wanted to feed hourly all night and all that day so i was pretty exhausted, cried about it a few times but my OH was pretty understanding :) It got easier from day 5 for sure, must have been to do with my milk coming in properly.

Den It's great to hear that your DH is home soon :D I bet you can't wait! x

Molt looking forward to your update tomorrow!

Owl - what a cute little guy! I love the name btw :)

And yes, I am really looking forward to hubby being home. Just over 48 hours to go! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->