Frustrated.... Little rant

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
I'm a bit frustrated and need to vent.... I hope that's ok. The last couple of weeks I have been having a bit of Rib pain. Sometimes it's worse than others. It is worse after sitting at work for too long (computer based job so not much choice there). I mentioned it to my Doctor and she said to check with my OBGYN. DH has also has been on at me for ages to ring my OBGYN. So finally I gave in today and rang. He asked on what side I was experiencing it (left). He said its more common on the right and then reeled off a generic spiel about it being a postural issue where women tend to slump forward and it pinches nerves. All very normal and nothing to worry about. (I'm not worried about it... i just want to know what i can do to help the pain!)I tried to explain that when I am at home, I recline back (not slumping forward as he eluded to) and when I sit all day at work, I tend to either sit very straight, or tilt backwards because of a bad back... He then proceeded to repeat its just a postural thing.... It was like he didnt listen to a word I said. He knew what stereo typically the problem was and that was clearly what my issue was.
My previous OB with my DD was away at her birth and this current OB delivered my DD and was awesome so we decided to use him this time around (also my DH didn't like my previous OBGYN - well considering DH hasn't been to the last 2x scans, is it really that important how much he likes my OB?).... He is a nice guy, but he really could improve his listening skills. It's really disheartening when I'm in pain and feel like I'm being shrugged off.

Thanks for letting me vent. :wacko:

Gah! I hate when they do that! You just want to yel listen to me will you!!!

I'm sorry :( *hug*

Any good chiropractors specializing in maternity near you? Mine is a lifesaver!

Any goo chiropractors specializing in maternity near you? Mine is a lifesaver!

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to see a chiropractor. Last time I saw one I ended up with 5 migraines in the space if two weeks (before seeing him I hadn't had a migraine in a least a decade) so it seemed to me that he cracked something he shouldn't have. I'm too scared to go through that again. I think I'll try an osteopath and see if they can do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->