Frustrated TTC #1

Thanks iloveme and deuce. awe have our first appointment on September 1st so I'll definitely be mentioning the fact that he's going away and the whole zika in his swimmers business.

In my head, in an idea world now, they'll say that we will try 3 months of clomid/femara and in November, if I'm still not pregnant we will freeze some in order to carry on with IUI while he's away, or at least when he's back home in March. We haven't actually had our first private appointment yet so we don't know what we are in store for, but I would try anything the doctor thought could work.

There seems to be lots of things going on in my test results, like is it the prolactin or maybe I just didn't O last cycle (even though I got a temp rise?). What does the tilt mean? Etc etc. So hopefully a now that we are paying out of pocket to see this doctor we will get some answers and a plan.

Thank you ladies :)

@Sarah there is nothing wrong with a tilted uterus. I have a tilted one as well, as long as you have an easy opening or finding of your cervix there is no issue when TTC. if you ever go to get sonograms done and they have to slightly tilt just to see your ovaries, yup I get it all the time and it can be a bit painful but its normal. you can research it as well. however its another added on thing to the lists of how imperfect compared to other woman. I find that every time I look its something else. about the prolactin im not too sure of. im sure next week when you see RE they can better help you understand.

Thanks Iloveme, I think I did know about the tilted uterus. When I had a smear a few years ago they said it was tilted or hard to find or something. I was young, knew nothing about my body, but I asked if it was going to be a problem and they said no.

I might consult Dr Google, or just wait and see what the doctor says. Thanks.

@sarah lol at Dr.Google. it helps searching, in fact some dr's use some of the studies that are online as support when trying to get the patient to better understand. as my RE has done and GYN in front of me just to be clear that I knew what they were talking about in layman's terms.

Haha yes good old Dr Google. I think every doctors appointment I've been to (with my GP) they've googled something to clarify it for themselves!

Just a question for other moderate-long term TTCers, do you find it difficult to picture yourself actually pregnant and with a baby?

@Sarah I literally try to envision myself and its quite difficult. its like dreaming about something you want so bad but cant really have it. from having MC at 9wks2days I did get the experience of having a little bump.

AFM a little update

Saturday morning I woke up with the worse cramps ever. It was sharp pains so bad I could barely stand. and was very gassy. they eased up by Sunday (yesterday). but I have pain in my back, under my arms and my boobs are on fire. the nips are super sensitive. now before I get my hopes up let me just say I don't symptom spot anymore, because usually what happens the witch is right around the corner. im guessing me having all this pain if no BFP it will be a very heavy AF.

aside from that I am going back to RE today with my final results confirming im okay from the hematologist. im praying today I will be able to take the next step forward in TTC with meds again. I will definitely update what happens after my visit.

So yesterday at my RE visit (lets just say prayers work), I got the go to start with treatment. I will be going back to clomid just to see with an increased dosage if my body will react. So I will be taking 150mg. then Ovidrel shot and Progesterone to follow after O. Words cant explain how happy I am even if I don't get my BFP I at least can start TTC again.

ILoveMe,

I'm just finding it difficult to picture. Like before we started trying and a few months into trying I could imagine and picture it. I feel like we could be childless forever.

I'm so happy that you have a plan and a step forward. We have our appointment tomorrow. I hope we get the same news you have!

@Sarah I really cant picture it its been so many months its like when or if we do can I even really be excited about it?. I feel I will spend most of the pregnancy hoping i can make it my last trimester. It saddens me I cant share with many ppl the way others do because of the fear I may MC again.

Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind if I join. I read all of your posts.

I turned to these board because I have literally been driving myself crazy. I feel like no one truly understands what I'm going through.

I had a MMC in June and then decided to do a D&C on June 15. I got my period rather quickly after that - only 3.5 weeks later. I decided to dive head in (BAD idea!) and chart and temp and the whole nine yards. It was way too stressful! I've gotten positive OPK's but so far, no luck. I just started my third cycle and my AF is different than usual so I never know what's going to happen.

I am trying to remain hopeful and have faith that I will eventually conceive again and have a successful pregnancy. It kills me when I see other pregnant women or women that become pregnant without even trying. But I promised myself that I would relax a little bit more. Baby dust to everyone!!

Hello @Kaybear and welcome. The journey of TTC has not been fun at all. Im sorry for your loss. How long have you been trying?. And do you have any specific diagnosis like pcos or anything? also what methods have you tried so far? sorry for the Q&A just curious to know your situation a bit better.

Welcome Kaybear. You're definitely welcome to join us! I'm so sorry about your MMC :( I hope your BFP is just around the corner.

I posted on the other board, but starting Provera today to bring on AF and then starting Clomid next cycle.

@Sarah cycle buddies yayy!! although im still waiting on AF its not due as yet im on CD23

Hello @Kaybear and welcome. The journey of TTC has not been fun at all. Im sorry for your loss. How long have you been trying?. And do you have any specific diagnosis like pcos or anything? also what methods have you tried so far? sorry for the Q&A just curious to know your situation a bit better.

Hi ILoveme29!

No worries. I haven't been trying that long, so I cannot completely relate to everyone here, but I am starting to see how frustrating it can be. I had my D&C on June 15 and was advised to wait at least a cycle before trying again. However, we weren't preventing it either. But I got my AF on July 8 and I got my AF on Monday, so I just started my third cycle of TTC. I was on birth control for awhile and I had normal/regular cycles, so I never really paid much attention to my cycles, so trying to track it and chart it is all new to me. I didn't track anything between my D&C and my first cycle. After my first cycle, I decided to try out temping and OPK's. I also continued to take my prenatal vitamin. I did that for two cycles and I found out that I was really stressing me out. I have anxiety as it is and I was letting it take over my life. I was getting positive OPK's but have not been able to conceive. My temps were also all over the place because I wake up at different times and I don't think they were accurate.

I promised myself that I would relax more and take a step back, so this cycle I am not temping at all. I am going to do a few OPK's starting on CD10 (I usually O around CD16-17) and just BD EOD and then more around O. I also ordered raspberry leaf tea and premama fertility powdered drink supplements. I have not been diagnosed with anything, but in my head, I am scared I have some sort of scarring from my D&C, but I am holding off on that for a little longer. Just trying to hope for the best!

Welcome Kaybear. You're definitely welcome to join us! I'm so sorry about your MMC :( I hope your BFP is just around the corner.

I posted on the other board, but starting Provera today to bring on AF and then starting Clomid next cycle.

Thank you Sarah! :hugs:

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope that you get your BFP as well!

@Kaybear I keep trying to track temping and I gave up. I totally forget then I remember about 30 mins after I get up. Even me tracking O I don't O on my own too often so its an extra stressor and waste of time. I think doing the test strips will do the trick for you. Just give it a little time.

The FS said to give up on temping, but it's become such a habit haha. It'll be hard to break.

Kay, it's hard to take a more relaxed approach when this is something you want more than anything. OPKs should be good if you don't think you've got any problems with PCOS. But keep in mind they don't confirm you've ovulated, they just detect more of the LH hormone in your wee. You could be gearing up to O but not actually release an egg.

Have they given you another ultrasound to make sure everything was clear after the D&C? :(

AF should be here for me around the 11th. What about you ILoveMe?

FX we will all get our BFP together!

@Sarah I was always confused with the opk strips and temping, I got the digital with flashy smiley and solid smiley if O. but it stopped working for me. my AF should be here by the 6th. Right now im having very painful boobs, just to touch kills me so I Know af is coming really soon. from the other thread: 50mg is the lowest, but works well for some ppl. have you ever taken it before?. I have to take three pills of 50mg to see if it works for me. That would be amazing if we both got our bfp this cycle.

I never did the smiley OPKs but I never had any luck with the cheap ones.

Painful boobs is a good BFP symptom though! Don't give up just yet. Nope I've never taken it before. Hopefully a low dose means no side effects. That would be awesome to both be getting our BFP at the same time!

Im counting down until AF I took a hpt yesterday and BFN. idk why I tested I have access to boxes of hpt's at work so I said what the heck why not lol. I wont do another test until the 6th of sept. which is CD28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->