Frustrated TTC #1

@Sarah Yayy im happy you get to go this round. How many mg do you have to take and what days?

ILoveme - please keep me updated! I hope to see that AF arrives. The only time we are ever excited for AF to come! HA

50mg. I was told to take it CD3-8 but it'll be 4-9 because of the little confusion. Feeling alright at the moment, no side effects.

DH and I are trying not to get our hopes up too high for the first cycle but you hear so many BFP on first cycle of Clomid stories, I can't help but be a little hopeful.

so you have to take it for 6 days instead of 5. I usually hear 3-7, 5-9 which are 5 days. I guess that will have a better effect. Im not getting my hopes up either. clomid didn't work for me before. this is like a test run to see if it combined with metformin will make a difference. But trying is better than not doing anything at all.

Sorry my mistake. I'm taking it for just 5 days from CD4-8. I was prescribed it from3-7. When the nurse rung with the blood test results she said to just say that day was CD 3 (it was actually CD4). I don't think it really matters.

I found this article last night about Metformin and Clomid - https://soulcysters.com/clomiphene-...infertility-in-the-polycystic-ovary-syndrome/
It looks like it might help just a little (even though the article says it's not statistically significant). I'll keep taking Metformin and Clomid though.

no doesn't make much difference. Thank you. ive been googling my life away for success stories looking for hope.

Today CD11 for me and ive been having the worse cramps, like O pains its way too early though. I have not done and OPK but I did keep up with temping. My scan is in the am. I'm excited and scared all at once. I just have no clue if it worked or I'm out this cycle. How is the clomid going for you?, I still have hot flashes.

Ive been googling away for statistics. I like to know what the odds are and how likely it is. I'm hopefully that taking both Metformin and Clomid will give us the best chance how long have you been taking Metformin? I have heard it can take 3-6 months to work. I did get a BFP my first cycle taking it though.

That's odd, hopefully it's nothing major. Maybe you're getting ready to O? Have you thought about doing an OPK?

In the weekend I told two of my sisters in law about our fertility issues. One is a midwife and the other had trouble with infertility. I always thought she'd had IVF but she just did Clomid. So it was nice to talk with her. The midwife sister in law just kept saying how "exciting" it was that I was taking Clomid. I didn't think exciting was the word I'd use though.

I'm doing well on Clomid. No really side effects. I'm really hot when I sleep but that's nothing unusual. In the weekend I had a little bit of a headache but nothing really that bad. AF is still here, I'm just spotting still. Hopefully she'll be finished tomorrow.

the only OPK I have is the ones left from my digital that no longer works. I did it and got faint line idk if I can go by that. if so it would mean no O yet. I'm guessing my follies are in the process of growing I may be just having those pains.

its always good to have someone who can relate to talk to instead of judging you or not understanding.

when will you be going in for a follie scan?

It's probably just too early. Hopefully it means a big, juicy, super egg is brewing!

What day do you usually O?

It is really good. I thought she'd had IVF and it was going to be a really sore point for her. I was almost expecting her to say we have no idea what it's like because it hasn't been that long and we aren't doing IVF. Turns out they never got past clomid. She was really lovely about it.

No scan for me. I'm just having the CD 21 test. The doctor didn't offer a monitored cycle but to be we probably wouldn't have opted for it anyway.

Well I got good news and a little bad news. I have a nice size follie about 18mm, but my lining is at 5 right now which is to thin. I believe clomid does that to me. Im usually not ready until CD14 for trigger so it seems about right.

So for you BD every other day should work.

I was told to BD tonight and then not again until she says so.

Also I heard robitussin and Mucinex is good for the lining im not sure gonna read more on it. but I will start that today cant hurt to try.

Good that you have a nice sized follie. That's no good about your lining. Baby aspirin helps with lining too, but I'm not sure if it'll be too late now. I know mucinex is good for making more CM, I haven't heard about it for lining. But do whatever you can to thicken it up.

We are planning to BD at least EOD. I've still got spotting, but hopefully that should be gone by tomorrow (CD 10) and we will just BD from then. I'm going to start temping again and doing OPKs from about CD 11. I've got to do a blood test on CD 21.

Why did they say BD tonight and then not until she says?

Yes I read a article that says as long as it has guaifenesin it will help with he lining especially with users of clomid.

"If you re taking Clomid (clomiphene citrate, Serophene) as an ovulation inductor, it may help to know that it can cause hostile mucus in 30 percent or more of women using it. Higher doses of Clomid tend to be more associated with less cervical fluid and a thinner uterine lining, than the 50 mg dose and Robitussin can help to reverse this." - babyhopes.com article

I got mucinex instead since they only had robitussin PM.

im not expecting it to do much but im going to give it a try. My body usually develops my lining by itself. im just being hopeful it does this time around.

the blood test on CD21 is to confirm O?

Im guessing just in case, I didn't ask she has her methods and beliefs. right now im trying to do whatever it takes.

Iloveme, I don't think it's going to do any harm. Definitely go for it. We will be upping the preseed this cycle. I have heard that clomid causes your CM to dry up and I never have much anyway.

I hope it helps and your lining sorts itself out in the next few days anyway.

Yup the CD21 test will see if I've ovulated. I'm feeling a few twinges here and there. I'll probably do an OPK a little later. Spotting has stopped and DH is home so we will start BDing from now.

Thanks Deuce.

Prayer works!! So had my scan today 2 follies one about 21mm, the second about 15mm she says she didn't see that one before, she also stated it may plump up a little more and hopefully release along with the 21mm. my lining is a little over 7. which is great as on Monday it was a 4.

she gave me my Ovidrel shot at around 8:15am. I am to return tomorrow by 8:30 for iui. I know the shot makes your egg release within 24-36hrs so the timing seems great. I will of course BD after the iui that night as well just to make sure.

I wasn't looking for clomid to work as it never did for me before so it gives me a little hope. still not getting them up too high, just being very patient.

Had iui done today at 9:20 25 hrs after Ovidrel shot, instructed to do TI tonight and tomorrow, following progesterone 2 times daily. will be testing on the 6th of Oct.

Sorry ILoveMe :(

Update for me, no response to Clomid. CD 26 and no ovulation. My doctor is ringing early next week with a plan for next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->