Status
Not open for further replies.

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi all, what flavour fudge should i make? Lol

Hubby wants rum raisin,
Ds1 wants chocolate orange

If you think of Christmas and fudge, what flavours should i make?

Seen loads of recipes on a slow.cooker page on Facebook

Mint chocolate
White chocolate and lemon
Toblerone
Amaretto
Baileys

I'm making it in my slow cooker :)

I fancy 'after eight' which us dark chocolate and peppermint.

Omg i didn't know you could make fudge in a slow cooker?!? How??? Please tell me!!!!

Just Google it...tonnes of websites. Basic recipe is 1 tin condensed milk, 1 tbsp butter, 500g any chocolate and flavouring. In slow cooker for about an hour to melt and cook until it goes really thick and gorgeous. Pour into a tray, set overnight...... And eat! Lol

You literally have just made my entire life!!! Looks like fudge for everyone this xmas :haha:

I also didn't know about slow cooker fudge! Getting on that band wagon lol xx

My fave is white chocolate and cranberry.
It is a recipe from a tesco food mag that I found four years ago and have used every Xmas ever since it is lovely!

Xx

Oooh, I'm so gonna try this!

After eight sounds lush! I love liquoirice fudge, but know not very one will agree with me there! Wouldn't know how to make that flavour though!

Just looked on google and have 2 questions...

1) could I use a normal recipe in the slow cooker or does it need to be a slow cooker fudge recipe?

2) do you have to make chocolate fudge this way?

Thanks ladies :flower:

Just looked on google and have 2 questions...

1) could I use a normal recipe in the slow cooker or does it need to be a slow cooker fudge recipe?

2) do you have to make chocolate fudge this way?

Thanks ladies :flower:

I should think most recipes can be adapted to work in the slow cooker. I discovered this about a month ago so pretty new myself and have made 3 batches so far. I have seen recipes with caramel, marshmallow and clotted cream so i think its quite versatile.

Oooh, caramel, marshmallow and clotted cream sounds immense! I was wondering about this one...

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/137868/vanilla-fudge

https://www.slowcookercentral.com/recipe/clotted-cream-fudge/

This is pretty similar. There are tonnes of recipes on this website.

Wow, thanks for the link...there are loads of uk recipes! I kept finding US ones! I like the sound of peanut butter and chocolate fudge!

I've stuck to the standard chocolate fudge trying to perfect it but now i feel ready to be adventurous lol. Happy fudge making!! :)

Think I might try your after eight suggestion first...I'll let you know how I get on when I get around to doing it! Xx

Did not know you can do fudge in the slow cooker. I always do mine by hand.

I always make vanilla fudge but I'm going to try and get sea salt right this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back