Full bladder before U/S?

A

AquaDementia

Hey girls,

last time I drank 1 L of water 1 hr prior to my US and the technician said my bladder was not full enough, and she said for next time, I really have to make sure it is full.

Now, my question is ...should I perhaps start drinking the water prior to the 1 hr? And drink more?
Because last time, I had my U/S at 9:45 am, and I didn't feel my bladder as full until noon.:wacko:

OMG its a killer! I gave up and went for a wee lol

The lady was fab too teh last time as we'd waited an hr in waiting she came out in 5 minutes :dohh: I was like erm havent got a full bladder and she was thats fine we can do it without and my pics came out lovely too :D

First time was hlf hr before (sips of water) and in waiting room - and again gave up as I said above :rofl:

When I went for my 12 weeks scan, I was asked to keep my bladder full, but for my 20 weeks scan, the nurse told me it wasn't necessary....good luck!

They always do a urine sample before my ultrasound (well the last two) so my bladder is very much empty. I remember for my ultrasounds early on the gal told me to just drink 2 water bottles a hour and 1/2 before the appt.

I can't help sorry, perhaps you should just drink water from the time you get up!?
I have only ever drunk a pint of water (just over half a litre) an hour before my 2 previous ultrasounds & the sonographer keeps telling me that I don't need to drink that much as my bladder is so obviously full!

My docs never had me go in with a full bladder...hmmm...

I just had this problem with my U/S last week. I'd start drinking one hour before. I started drinking less than a hour before and when I went in, she said I haden't drank enough water. If you get to full, up here they get you to pee in a cup :rofl: until its full but you have to stop after. I think thats one of the reasons they couldn't tell the gender, it was really fuzzy:dohh:

I was only able to drink maybe 700 ml today, and it was perfectly fine.
However, I was dying to go to the bathroom right after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->