Full Fat Cows Milk

wigglesnemoe

Reaction score
I always thought that you can give your LO cows milk to drink at the age of 1 but my hv told me wednesday that you cant now give LO's cows milk to drink until the age of 2?!

Has anyone else heard of this???

I hadn't? I don't give my LO cow's milk yet as he's so small for his age and formula is better equipped to give him the right nutrients, but I have given him some as a snack. Never heard not to, in fact everyone tells me he "should" be on cow's milk at 13 mos.

I think i read in a baby book that its ok to give full fat milk at 1 and then once they turn 2 you can give them semi skimmed milk if they want?

I started Lucas on it at 1 and have never been told I shouldn't have :thumbup:

My HV says 1yr old too, although you can mix a little into their food once they start weaning xx

I havn't heard that, always been told 1.

I've still been told 1 for full fat, 2 for semi skimmed and 5 for skimmed x

I've still been told 1 for full fat, 2 for semi skimmed and 5 for skimmed x

This is what I have read too!
My lo is 11 months now and have been mixing full fat cows milk into her food for a good few months now. Sje struggles to drink enough formula so I find adding a lot of dairy into her diet and sometimes topping up her formula with cows milk makes her drink more.
I have never heard 'no cows milk before 2' xx

I've never heard about waiting until 2.
Devin's been on full fat milk since about a week before he turned 1, and he's been just fine with it.

2?? never heard that one before? my eldest had cows milk from 7 months and my youngest who is now 5 months has cows milk mixed in his food but formula for the rest of the time, i will probably move him onto cows milk at around the 7 month mark as well. personel preference i think, last i heard they recommend from 1 onwards x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->