Full term tomorrow! Anyone else due late January and wanna wait it out together?!

So, my water broke at around 4:35 am. I was sleeping but this woke me and it was unmistakable. I bolted into the bathroom but did have to do some floor mopping.

I was worried that contractions would start right away but they didn't. Hubby got the older kids off to school. I had breakfast and a shower and we headed to the hospital. DH was very worried that things would happen so quickly that he would end up pulling over to the side of the road and delivery the baby himself! :)

We got to the hospital. I knew that labour wasn't near but I was a bit worried as I wasn't feeling baby move. They hooked me up to the monitor. Baby's heartrate was strong and consistent, which is good. I had a few mild contractions but nothing too difficult. They checked me and I was only 2 cm dilated.

They said I could go home or stay, but I opted for home (Starbucks first). We are to be back by 4 pm if nothing happens.

I REALLY hope something happens by then. I don't want another induction if at all possible.

Good luck Warby, I hope it goes ok for you tonight.

Big huge hugs xxxx

Yay warby!! Good labor vibes your way!! Im seriously going to be the last one... Im thinking of asking for a sweep tomorrow at my appt....

Yay warby!! Good labor vibes your way!! Im seriously going to be the last one... Im thinking of asking for a sweep tomorrow at my appt....

Aw tankmom, I'm still here.

Let us know what happens tomorrow

:hugs:

Thanks guys. Not a great deal of progress so they will start induction when they have room for me.

So, I have been uncomfortable ALL day! Feeling like baby is literally going to fall out and can tell I've really dropped. I started getting contractions a lot but wasn't really timing them. I called labor and delivery and they told me to time them and once they are every 5 minutes for an hour to come in.. Well then I started to second guess myself and wonder if I was having actual contractions or not. I ended up just going to be on the safe side and once I got on the monitor they saw I was actually having contractions every 4 minutes so they checked me and I am only about 1 CM dilated so they sent me home and told me to go back once my contractions are stronger.

What do you guys think? I'm due on Friday and REALLY want baby to come out sooner than later! Think this could be the start of something for real or could I end up like this for another two weeks? I think I'll cry if I go past Friday.

Hope you're ok Warburg and all is well :hugs:

Mommy2b I hope it's the start of something :flower:

Well no sweep for me, cervix totally closed tight shut!!!!! This is what happened the last time, booked in for section on 31/1/13........away to cry :cry:

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Well ladies, my baby was born last night. It's a boy!

After my water breaking and me not progressing very much, I waited around for a room to become available for an induction. But once I got into the delivery room, somehow my body magically ramped up on it's own. It was so fast in the end. At around 1130pm the nurses put in the IV line. Doctor checked me, I was 3 cm dilated. I am having lots of contractions. Nurse is about to start oxytocin but I am pretty uncomfortable so ask for epidural instead. Get epidural around 12:00. Nurse is very nice and decides to let epidural take full effect before starting oxytocin. Epidural is wonderful. Contractions are constant. Nurse decides to check me one last time at 1230 before starting oxytocin. Bam- am 10 cm dilated! She scrambles around to get ready. I feel urge to push. I push for 7 minutes total, and my son was born at 12:57. Wow.

He is 7 lbs 3 ounces. I think we will name him Mason Luke. I had no tearing (had 4th degree tear with #2) and did not need an episiotomy (like I did with #3). I am exhausted though!

Aw congrats Warby:happydance: Not many of us left now!!
My midwide won't do me a sweep until 6th Feb so looks like I'm in the running for the last one!

Well done warby, glad all is well.......7 minutes, that has to be some sort of record!!! lol :thumbup:

Xx

Well ladies, my baby was born last night. It's a boy!

After my water breaking and me not progressing very much, I waited around for a room to become available for an induction. But once I got into the delivery room, somehow my body magically ramped up on it's own. It was so fast in the end. At around 1130pm the nurses put in the IV line. Doctor checked me, I was 3 cm dilated. I am having lots of contractions. Nurse is about to start oxytocin but I am pretty uncomfortable so ask for epidural instead. Get epidural around 12:00. Nurse is very nice and decides to let epidural take full effect before starting oxytocin. Epidural is wonderful. Contractions are constant. Nurse decides to check me one last time at 1230 before starting oxytocin. Bam- am 10 cm dilated! She scrambles around to get ready. I feel urge to push. I push for 7 minutes total, and my son was born at 12:57. Wow.

He is 7 lbs 3 ounces. I think we will name him Mason Luke. I had no tearing (had 4th degree tear with #2) and did not need an episiotomy (like I did with #3). I am exhausted though!

7 Minutes!? Wow!! Congrats!!! So happy for you :)

Well, I went to a doctor appointment today as I am exactly 40 weeks and I was still 50% effaced and only half a cm dilated. My blood pressure is always really great but today it was almost boarder line and it was 150 over something (I can't remember the bottom number). They had me lay down on my left side for a few minutes and came back to check it again and it went back down to 120/77 which is about what it normally is.

So the doctor has decided that I go in to get checked again this Tuesday and if I have not shown any progress they are going to admit me into the hospital at 5 PM and start an inducement! :happydance: I am so happy to finally know that my little girl will FINALLY be here next week!!! Yay! I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer to induce but my OB is a little concerned with how high my blood pressure got up to so she doesn't think I should go too much longer.

Had my appt. yesterday. Midwife said she doesnt do sweeps till 41+... So i still dont know where my cervix is as far as dilation and effacement... Oh well, But i had to celebrate when i found out ive only gained 21 lbs!! Had a date day with my husband. Got some cheeseburgers and watched Django while my daughter was at a playdate. Figured we get one more in before he arrived. Had alot of fun... Any of you guys planning special date nights to keep you busy??

Mommytobe, tankmom, Bert and oor, the end is in sight! hang in there, I can't wait to read about your babies.

Don't know if this counts as a "date", but dh and I had supper in the hospital cafeteria the night Mason was born!

Funny how much i forgot about labour and delivery. I forgot about how it looks like a massacre occurred between my legs, and how much blood comes out of you. I forgot the toe-curling pain that I get when nursing (just at the beginning, for around twenty seconds). And I forgot about after pains, which areHORRIBLE this time around. Hopefully they will taper off soon.

Had my appt. yesterday. Midwife said she doesnt do sweeps till 41+... So i still dont know where my cervix is as far as dilation and effacement... Oh well, But i had to celebrate when i found out ive only gained 21 lbs!! Had a date day with my husband. Got some cheeseburgers and watched Django while my daughter was at a playdate. Figured we get one more in before he arrived. Had alot of fun... Any of you guys planning special date nights to keep you busy??

21 pounds? I've gained about 35-40 so you are lucky! lol I won't be planning any special date nights with OH as he is out of the state for work and will come home as soon as I am in labor (I am being induced next week so whatever comes first lol).. However I am trying to keep as busy as I can with other things. Tonight I am going to church then to dinner with family, tomorrow morning I will go to church and then go over the house one more time and wash everything up like my clothes, sheets, vacuum and dust, etc... Monday I probably won't do too much as I go to the doctor on Tuesday and they may admit me that afternoon or by 7 AM Wednesday morning. I want to make sure I get some rest incase I am admitted on Tuesday afternoon.

I am getting so freaking anxious!!! AHH!!

Hey ladies, today was my due date lol. Jace is 2 weeks old today.

Hoping its not too long for those still waiting!!

God I am sooo fed up! 1 day overdue today and have just had a terrible nights sleep. I'm sooo sore, back, legs, hips and pubic bone all ache. My body has had enough of carrying this baby around everywhere!! Been offered a sweep tomorrow - definitely going for it!

God I am sooo fed up! 1 day overdue today and have just had a terrible nights sleep. I'm sooo sore, back, legs, hips and pubic bone all ache. My body has had enough of carrying this baby around everywhere!! Been offered a sweep tomorrow - definitely going for it!

I day over for me too!

Hope you get your sweep and it works :hugs:

I'm booked in for section on thursday unless he comes on his own before......doesn't look likely though :shrug:

Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

How come they have booked u in for a section? I'm really hoping to avoid induction but not sure ill be able to! Have u had a sweep yet? Will update tomorrow after sweep - I'm thinking MW might be able to tell me a bit more about dilation/effacement even if sweep is ineffective. Having a bit more info might just make me feel better at this point.

How come they have booked u in for a section? I'm really hoping to avoid induction but not sure ill be able to! Have u had a sweep yet? Will update tomorrow after sweep - I'm thinking MW might be able to tell me a bit more about dilation/effacement even if sweep is ineffective. Having a bit more info might just make me feel better at this point.

DS was an EMCS and I'm classed as a decrepit mother being 42 in 3 weeks lol......so they won't give me the drug to induce and they worry about placental abruption :wacko:

I don't want a section but if its the only safe way.......then I'll have to :blush:

Let us know what happens tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->