Future mommies into heavy heavy music?

i'm not acctully doing an aprenticeship yet i wanted to kinda good 1st but i have done 2 on me and 3 on hubby they arnt quite finished i need new inks atm

they aint great i wont pertend that i am really talented but i love it its a real passion these are mine so far

this is my 1st its on my ankle
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/Cherry_Blossom777/Image075.jpg

this is on my wrist
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/Cherry_Blossom777/Image073.jpg

Im into some fairly heavy stuff but I wouldnt really call it metal..

Everytime I Die, Glassjaw, Coheed and Cambria sorta stuff.

Im also into a lot of 80s rock sorta stuff. ACDC, Aerosmith, Motley Crue (who are like the best band ever), Iron Maiden.

But then again I love pop music, rap, r n b, allsorts. I used to be a music student and Ive learnt to appreciate everything pretty much, but rock will ALWAYS be what I love most! Baby or no baby! Im a drummer, and my OH is a guitarist, so we'll be probably influencing Junior with learning an instrument too from an early age.

The last concert Ive got booked at the moment is Coheed and Cambria on the 7th Februay, then Dizzee Rascal on the 26th Feb. I was debating going to see Girls Aloud the week before my due date but it's 100 miles away and my OH wont let me! We're going to see Iron Maiden about a month after Junior is born as well.

xxx

Hubby and I quite like heavy metal music, he likes it more though. We love Lamb of God, Dream Theatre, Death, SOAD, Tool. I'm really into political music though like Rage Against the Machine and the new Serj Tankian stuff, anything really to do with changing society. I LOVE heavy metal in the musical sense, but it really makes me angry when they scream-- I want to hear the lyrics and the meanings behind them.

Hubby's in a heavy metal band right now-- but I don't really like what they play even though they're pretty good-- too 80's hair metal for me!

Unfortunately, we don't get to go to shows much these days since moving back to our hometown--- too far in the bush, no one comes here!

My OH is in love with Dream Theatre! Ive never found anyone else whos even heard of them, let alone likes them too.

xxx

Gahh I love them! TBH, it took me a little bit to get into them. We've got loads of DVDs of their live shows, they're soooooooo good! I just sit there the whole time and go "wow...this is intense..." lol

Musically they're fantastic. Ive never seen as good musicians... theyre always spot on in timing and everything.

I like a couple of songs but sometimes its a bit over the top. Ive been trying to get into them but its not happening just yet! I think itll take a bit of effort!

xxxx

LOL! It took me awhile to get used to the singing-- it isn't my favourite part for sure. It makes me feel like I'm watching a musical but I think that's because he's classically trained. I like my singers to be a bit more rough and a lot less pretty sounding!

But like you said, musically they're amazing. All of them! DH really looks up to John Myung as a bassist and insisted he HAD to get a 6-string bass because of it. So far, so good!

Haha :) my OH is like that with them, but he's a guitarist.

xxx

John Petrucci is definitely a great guitarist, you DH must be pretty good if he looks up to him!

OH is definately into the harder stuff more than me, but I still enjoy most of it. Don't think our lifestyle is going to change too much when LO comes. It just sucks that there are concerts coming up that I want to go to, but not going in the mosh pit, kinda turns me off of it:hissy:. Not really the type to wanna sit and watch a concert. Soon enough, though...

i kinda play bass i am poo at it thou lol still love her she is my soul mate (my bass that is) lol i'm a little bit of a freak about her

I'm really into political music though like Rage Against the Machine and the new Serj Tankian stuff, anything really to do with changing society.

I am really liking his album, its what I am listening to at the moment in my car. I am into political music too and am into the axis for justice stuff anfd the beliefs behind that

:hi: Hi poppy! please excuse my ignorance but i have never even heard of the cathouse let alone been there. lol

i am a fully qualified tattooist... just thought i'd add that! coheed and cam r emo! lol soad were good up until mezmerize then they got poo and serj left and is awesome. i been listening to lb since i was 13 and still strongly agree that they are the best band in the world even though they aren't classed as metal. and him are poooo with a capital "P" our baby will not be subjected to such poo as him! there i feel better now!
lisa x xx

:hi: Hi poppy! please excuse my ignorance but i have never even heard of the cathouse let alone been there. lol

It's a rock club in Glasgow - on Queen Street by Central Station? Quite near the Solid Rock pub. It used to be really good there - went a lot when I used to live in Glasgow. Unfortunately, Aberdeen doesn't have enough good rock pubs and clubs.

coheed and cam r emo! lol

Haha dont get me started on that.

Emo comes from the new jersey punk scene in the mid 80s if Im correct?. And co&ca are NOTHING like that. They actually sound the double of rush!

Still love them whatever they're classed as but the word 'emo' winds me up something rotten!

xxx

EMO is emotional they r the annoying little people that listen to my chemical romance and fall out boy and slit there wrists saying they can feel the pain in the music

rage against the machine is definitely one of my all time favourite bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->