Fyi - sling recall

sublime_ivy

Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100324/ap_on_bi_ge/us_baby_slings_recall

Very annoyed at GMTV about this - they just had it on the news, but you didn't see the actual sling being recalled till the end - they just showed pictures of loads of other slings!!

In fact, i'm so annoyed i've just written to them!!

Good Morning

I am an avid GMTV watched but this morning I was very disappointed with one of your features in the news and felt I needed to state why. You showed a piece about a specific type of baby sling being recalled due to the unfortunate deaths of 3 babies in USA. I am glad this info was reported by you, however, as a sling wearer, I was very shocked to see you using pictures/clips of other slings/carriers that are perfectly safe. Sling wearing is benefical to both mother and baby and people who are uneducated about sling wear will now, no doubt, choose against using them themselves and proceed to tell opthers how dangerous slings are after seeing this film.
I would urge you in future to please think about this before showing such clips.
Kind Regards

Vici

Not sur eit did anything but they just had it on the news again with no video clips, just a photo of the specific slings with the news reader talking in the background :happydance:

agree with Vici, I just saw this and am too disgusted. This could lead to mothers/fathers being afraid to wear their babies now....its on sky news now but only advertising the specific sling.......

I agree, they should only be reporting about the faulty sling. Good to inform people of possible dangers though as some may not use their sling correctly.

sorry didnt realise this had been talked about before. not been on for a while.

ooh i've missed it...got LK on now so we'll see if it shows again....

ooh i've missed it...got LK on now so we'll see if it shows again....

They've changed it now so you won't see it. I saw it twice this morning and thats when i emailed in. Its not been on since :) They just read the same script but it is a picture of the 2 slings for the whole time whereas before it was a clip showing various front and back holds with wraps :)

nice to know they have taken notice of viewers views for once!!

just been on BBC too, showed only the specific sling though.

Well done Vici, nice to see GMTV paying attention for once! Got to wonder who they get to research these pieces...

from what I know they got shed loads of complaints about it!

Glad they got loads of complaints, this sling business is peeing me right off as I've got complete strangers telling me in the street that I could kill my baby. I dont even have one of those slings :dohh:

Sama here Twig, I was wearing my babyhawk today in the bakery and the lady serving me started going on about how she'd seen on the news how "those types of carriers were killing babies" :growlmad::dohh:
I launched into a rant about how it was one particular sling that had been recalled and he was perfectly safe how he was!! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->