Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Aanch, yeah Business of Being Born is too informative, buy I've gotten awesome information from it. I liked the movie personally, so much that I started watching More Business of Being Born yesterday, and there's celebrities on their that tell their birth stories and they are very blunt, but I want to know so I have to watch LOL.
I'm having trouble with sleeping position already, I try to sleep on my right, but it gets uncomfortable as the night progresses so I switch to my left for a couple minutes and then back to the right. I can't imagine when I'm 8 months, lord LOL.
Yay for the baby showers!! I hope you get tons of gifts!

I haven't had my glucose test done yet, who knows when they will do it, I haven' been told anything yet. I have my next appt on November 2nd, the day before my baby shower, but wasn't told to fast for a glucose test, so no idea. Let us know how it goes though, and yeah, I've heard it tastes terrible :sick: yuck.

Sorry I scared you with Business of Being Born! I loved it, but I love knowing what to expect. I've been reading soooo much that my brain is full! LOL

You can watch some home births on Youtube too... they are way less scary. :) I would recommend the book I am reading too: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. There are a bunch of really empowering stories at the beginning.

If you like sweets, I've heard that the glucose challenge isn't THAT bad. My pal equated it to drinking a large glass of melted orange freezies. :) I thought mine was supposed to be today but my midwife pushed it out a couple of weeks, so I can't tell you from experience, but I think people make it out to be worse than it is. :)

Any of you ladies having the Rhogam injection?? My honey is Rh+ and I'm negative, so I am getting the shot in a couple of weeks. Ugh.

I did the glucose test and passed the 1 hour... It does taste EXACTLY like a melted freezer pop. That is the exact way I described it to my husband actually. It wasn't that bad in taste, although I did end up with diarrhea the rest of the day... ugh. haha.

Sas & Yikes, I hope it does taste like freezer pop, I've been scared of the time I have to take the taste because of what I've heard.

Question for you gals, regarding your OH's... I am feeling really weird at this stage of the pregnancy and I don't know if it's normal... I feel my OH is acting different towards me, before the pregnancy we used to sit together and cuddle on the sofa, he used to put his legs on me or vice versa, but now we sit on opposite ends. At night he always used to hug me till I fell asleep and now we are on opposite ends of the bed, especially since we switched to a King size bed. Sometimes he'll come close to me but not enough to hug me... I don't know it's just different... I asked him once and he said he was scared to touch me because I'm pregnant, but at this stage of the pregnancy, I am beginning to feel self concious and his attitude is not helping :nope: He kisses me good night every day and in the morning kisses me good bye, then kisses the belly and says good bye to Jonathan, so he does act loving and we've had :sex: 2 times a month or 3, but it's just not about sex, it's about intimacy... I don't know if it's normal but I feel weird... Any advice?

I feel the same way Emmediva!! My OH is wonderful... but seems totally weird right now. He tells me how much he loves me but doesn't cuddle at all and no sex. :( I think he's afraid he will hurt me.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one... :hugs: It's crazy that at this time when we need them to show us the most affection & love, they shy away from us. I am thinking I need to have a conversation with my OH because I will go crazy if I have to take 3 more months of this plus post partum... sigh

Me too!! He's away on business... I think I am just going to jump him when he gets home. LOL

Emmediva: Totally normal with OH. A talk is a very good idea. :)

I had my glucose test today. It really isn't that bad. I drink the orange goo. And the fasting was only 2 hours. I just hate sitting around the hospital for an hour.

Also the three hour is quite common to need. The one hour doesn't tell a whole lot and if its failed it doesn't mean you have GD. Just that your body processes sugar differently and you need additional testing.

Emmediva - I noticed you mentioned a while back that you find it hard to get comfy when you sleep on your right.... but I think you really should be trying to sleep on your left as much as possible. When on your right, your uterus can compress your aorta, cutting off blood flow. I find when I am on my right for too long I become a heavy breather... on my left it's much better. Maybe flip over and give that a shot? :)

I sleep on my left more now since the baby is bigger but I still have to sleep on the right for awhile at night. If I sleep on the left all night, I wake up with sore hip & leg. I do try my best to sleep on my left all night but it's hard. I am going to purchase a body pillow this weekend, maybe that will help.

OH and I did the deed last night, he's been asking since Sunday night but I've been tired but last night I agreed. It was very awkward, now my tummy gets in the way :blush: good thing Jonathan was not kicking at that time, now that would've totally ruined the moment :rofl: I haven't yet talked to my OH about being more cuddly other than when he wants :sex: at least I know he still desires me huh? But I just want to cuddle sometimes, without having to dtd.

Oh yes, the belly pillow will help lots!! I got a wedge pillow for my belly and it helps too! :)

We actually just put a memory foam mattress cover on as well and it's glorious! :) Hope you get some good sleep soon!

Emmediva: We still BD, but we do the doggy position. It keeps belly out of the way. It was a bit uncomfortable a few times during the 2nd trimester. But, we just added a bit more foreplay. Worked wonders.

I failed the 1 hour glucose. So now I have to take the three hour. Oh joy!

Oh no Leinz, I hope everything is ok and it was just a fluke. Ugh I can't imagine having to do that test... I have no idea when I have to do mine, they'll probably tell me at my next appt.

My glucose test is next Wednesday (isn't it fitting on Halloween?) but I only have to wait an hour. I can't imagine sleeping without a body pillow! I got a 'snoogle' and it is my saviour through the night since I'm usually a back sleeper. I find I can prop my back onto it and it allows me to breathe normally and everyone's safe!

Leinz - I've heard of many women failing the first test. Hope the second isn't too bad and the results are good! When do you go for it?

I have to call in the morning to schedule it. I don't know when I can go for it. DD isn't going to be up for 3 hours at the lab. I have my OB appt. on Tuesday and I'm definitley not missing my ultrasound on Thursday... So, we'll see.

Hey everyone, how are you all feeling? I feel like I'm shifting back to first trimester with ridiculous fatigue and general uncomfortableness. Not to mention, I've also developed plantar fasciitis in my feet from the weight gain and standing 10 hours a day at work. Ugh! I haven't done anything all weekend! I wish I had done more in the last couple months to get the nursery ready. Yikes!

Sas, I am with you on the fatigue, and what is it with the pain in the inner thighs?! OUCH! I don't even want to get up to use the restroom :nope: the frequent urination has come back already, and it's worse when Jonathan pushes on my bladder or punches my cervix/vagina area. I thought he was kicking me there but at my last ultrasound appt, I found he's head down. As to general uncomfort, yeah and we have 2 more months minimum of it... I couldn't go to sleep last thinking it's literally 13 more weeks till DDay... :wacko: my baby shower is this weekend so it'll be crunch time after that. After the shower, I'll know exactly what I need to purchase.

I hear you ladies on the sleepiness!!

I feel like I am ready for bed by 5 in the evening and getting up this morning was positively painful. I am up every two hours at night to pee, which certainly isn't helping. :(

This still feels so surreal to me. Even though I can feel the LO kicking up a storm and our home has been invaded by tons of baby things I just feel like I am in denial. :) I don't think it will truly become real until LO is in my arms. Maybe that's partly because we don't know what we're having?! I don't know. I almost feel guilty for feeling so detached.

SAS - Sorry about your feet! My mom gets this too. I would recommend a massage if you can get one to help reduce the pain, also stretching daily! Arch your feet sitting on a birthing ball, stand against a wall and alternate putting one foot back and leaning into the wall, or try freezing a bottle of water (remember to take some out first since it's going to expand!) and then rolling that with your foot to help stretch the tight muscles causing the pain. Good luck!!!

I'm the same with the fatigue. It is bad... I also have round ligament stretching when I do lots of walking. The frequent urination is there also... But, we are getting there. :)

I did the 3 hour today. It wasn't bad, other than I didn't like waiting around for 3 hours. I toll Zoela's journal and Fifty shades book 2. That helped a bit to pass the time. They checked my sugar first and then did the first draw. I then drank 100g glucose (Which is double the sweet of the 1 hour.) Then I came back for a draw every hour for the next three hours. My arms where they drew hurt. I did have a new tech who had a hard time drawing from my tiny veins.

Oh yeah, I was super hungry and I couldn't believe they wouldn't even allow water.

I'm so happy to have it over with... I should know the results tomorrow when I go to my regular OB appt. Sure is different going every 2 weeks. :)

Can't wait for my ultrasound... 3 sleeps! :)

Hi Grlz,, howz every1 doing ?

First of all i cleared my 1 hr glucose test :)) Just came to know the results yesterday. Was such a relief ! May be i expected the sweet liquid to be worse & it wasnt that bad.. as SAS1 mentioned just like a melted freezer pop. Good luck to everyone with their tests, i am sure we all will clear it.

Leinzlove - All the best honey for your results.

I have been soo busy lately at work ,, no time to login in forum & once i reach home i dont wanna do anything but lie down.. I hear you all , seems like 1st trimester is coming back. So much fatigue , i am getting leg cramps as well ! Grrrr

Its been weeks i have slept full night,, getting up every 2 hrs is the norm with restroom visits. With growing belly its getting difficult to sleep peacefully. We have 3 more months to go !!

Yikes - you are right,, now i know why my heart beats faster in the night when i move from right side to left.. It takes a while for beating to come back to normal & i was going to ask my doc about it. Thanks , so i have to try to sleep max on my left side.

Emmediva - Do talk it out with OH & i am sure it will be sorted. May be they are extra cautious about us these days. I & OH too keep having dull moments but thats majorly cauz i m not interested in the big thing... I get soo sleepy at 8 in the night that no time to give him .. I feel sorry to neglect his feelings & needs but he is a sweetheart to understand. Whenever we do it,, big tummy of mine causes lil discomfort. Going fwd will be more difficult but he is still very cuddly & touchy ...:)

One thing i am starting to enjoy is the Attention i get in office these days.. Everywhere ppl keep admiring how cute i look, how cute is my tummy :)) Enjoying everybit of this attention ,, feels soo special !

Njoy every1 these special days of pregnancy :) I have heard once the baby is here,, no more importance for Mommies :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->