Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Hie everyone ,,, i have been so out of touch with this grp lately.. Caught up with so many activities . BTW i had my bday on the 19th !! My first one as Would Be Mom.. Hubby gave me cute surprises the whole day & made it soo beautiful :)

Symptoms - I do keep getting abdomen pains whenever i sit or stand quickly & while Peeing. Hunger is at its peak ,, get up at midnight and eat biscuits or corn flakes.
We havent decided on the name yet,,, waiting to find out the sex & then start searching names.

My 20th wk scan is on 12th sep .. seems far but i somehow have a strong feeling of what i am going to have.. so these days will pass by soon !!

Yikes -- I see u bought a doppler ,,, would be awesome to hear the heartbeat :)

Leinz - Love the name u chose for your daughter... its adorable !

Emmediva, SAS1 - Great you grlz thinking in that direction of natural birth ,, i havent given a thought to it yet... Last trimes is all for thinking .. 2nd trisem is all for having fun :)

Cautious - i am on the same boat,, lot of abdomen discomfort.. assuming its normal

Kitty - welcome to our Gang :)

mimi1979 - I do get tired a lot ... after work making dinner is a like climbing a mountain for me .. energry has come back after 1st trimes ,, even though i wanna be on bed & keep eating !

If anyone i have missed,,, take care all of you ... keeping every1 in thoughts !

Njoy

Emmediva and SAS1: I totally agree. Just go with the flow. I find no reason for intensive birth plans. But, to do whatever is best for me and baby. I'm scared of a C-section, but if its medically necessary there really isn't a choice. Most of the time birth is not complicated. I was more scared of labor with #1. This time I'm more laid back.

Aanch: Yay for Sept.12. :wohoo: Happy Birthday! :wohoo: You are going to be a MOM! :)

Aanch...Happy Belated Birthday!!! :dance: I'm so glad your DH made your day extra special for you. Your scan is just 5 days after mine. It will be here before you know it.

Aanch, happy belated birthday :flower: I am doing all my research early lol, I am going to talk to some ladies that have done natural births, I'm hoping to get some more information. For the 3rd tri, I'm planning to take some classes :thumbup: I'm scared to death of labour so I want to be as prepared mentally as possible :)

Leinz, I agree with you, if a C-Section is needed in a life or death situation, I'm all for it. I'm just hoping for the best :thumbup:

aanch - my scan is the 12th of September too! We'll find out the same day! And Happy Belated Birthday girl!

I'm thinking the 'natural' until proven too much approach too. I have no idea what to expect but have just always felt this way.

Thk uuu Grlz for the wishes :) I indeed had a beautiful bday !! We all are going to be a Mom yeahhh !!

countrygirl - Yeahhhh we ll find out the same day :))

Mimi - just 5 days ahead of us ,,, Celebration Begins Soon !!

Leinzlove - u r the experienced one ,, may be some day you could guide us all through the process of Birth :)

Just one thought - Too much information sometimes is harmful too ... Like a close friend of mine did soo many classes in the 3rd trimes ,, saw birthing videos,, read so many books to prepare for labor & in last 2 weeks she freaked out on the thought of labor .. She voluntarily chose C Section !! Baby & herself are fit & fine :)

None of us want to go in that direction .. so lets be aware but not overly aware of whats going to happen in delivery ,, to a limit that it scares us to death :p Its said "You can never feel it until you experience it !! "

Gd Luck to All !

Oh my god you guys... My husband has given me my first cold while pregnant and it is unreal! Any recommendations?! I've definitely learned my lesson about sleeping in the same room as him while he's sick though! He spent a week coughing in my face!

@SAS - Aww, that's no good - I had one at 12 weeks and was just miserable. I used cold packs on my forehead and neck for the sinus pain and ran peppermint essential oil in a diffuser while I slept. Hope you feel better and it doesn't stick around for over a week like mine did :wacko:

Aanch, I see the trouble they go through and then holding that baby in their arms, it's the most wonderful sight to see :cloud9: So I'll be fine with information lol, it's all worth it to hold those precious babies :thumbup:

SAS1, colds are terrible, try some peppermint tea to clear up your sinuses. I have had congestion throughout the pregnancy, every morning I have bad congestion, I asked the doctor if I could take anything and she said I could take Tylenol for it, but it has to be specifically for congestion or cough etc. Hope you get better soon.

AFM, I had such a scare last night, I was doing housework, and when to empty my bladder one last time before bed, I wiped and found cm with blood, it scared me to death! I hate seeing red :growlmad: I've been to the loo today and found nothing so I think I over excerted myself last night :nope:

I am late joining this thread but I am due Jan 18th

It really is worth it. You forget all about the pregnancy and labor. When you are holding your LO for the first time. It's amazing! :wohoo: And soon it'll be all of us. :wohoo:

I have my anamoly scan on Tuesday. I'm getting very excited about seeing Zoela again. :wohoo:.

This will be my last scan until my private 4D in November. It's going to be a long long 12 weeks... I still bet it'll go faster than the first trimester though. :happydance:

Hey gals,

It's been a long time, so I thought I would check in. :)

SAS1 - I just got over a cold.... it was awful, but I just let nature take its course. Hope you feel better soon!!

All the going-natural gals - Way to go! I am really adamant that I do not want the cycle of interventions that are so common nowadays (Dr. says labour is too slow, you get pitocin, it causes extreme contractions, so you beg for an epidural, which slows the contractions, so they give you more pitocin... and the extreme contractions become more extreme and unnatural, then baby goes into distress, then Dr. says you need an emergency c-section). I also know I am a total pushover. I will be exhausted and in pain and if someone says to me, "It's for the good of the baby", I know I will consent to things I don't believe in... So, I've decided to take myself out of the situation completely. I am having the baby at home with a midwife and I am thrilled by my decision. My BFF had a completely natural birth and is the tiniest woman on earth - she gives me the confidence that my body can do it. With the help of gravity and prenatal yoga, and likely some screaming and cursing, I am going to get through this. We all will!!! :)

Aanch - Happy birthday hun!!

Anyone else started to "nest"? I am cleaning like mad and started to plan the nursery, purge things from our house... in other words, I guess the excitement is taking over and pushing the apprehension aside. Woohoo!!!

Hi ladies :wave:

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant with my second baba. This one was a bit of a shock but a happy one :cloud9: I'm due 24th January 2013 and I'm hoping for an easy going pregnancy.

With my first LO I spent much of my time from 28 weeks onwards in hospital with preeclampsia and also ended up in HDU with pneumonia. That was certainly an experience. Was all worth it tho.

Hope you are all keeping well xxx

Leinz, aww that's good that you get to see her again! I'm SO eager to see my baby and find out the sex!!! Since I had spotting Thursday night, I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and let them know, maybe I can convince her to do an ultrasound to check things out. Then maybe we can take a peek at the gender :thumbup:

Yikes, I've been talking to people that have done natural childbirth and one has even offered to be my doula for free, not sure yet if I'll take her offer but it's a nice gesture :thumbup: I've been getting more excited and have started to look at items for the baby. I think as we near 5 months we know we are nearly there and know time's running out per say to get everything ready :)
As for nesting, not yet, I've read and heard from friends and family, that it happens when you are getting ready to give birth. Some people nest the weeks before some days prior to birth :shrug:

Broodyc, welcome to the group, you're EDD is the same as mine :) I hope this pregnancy is easier for you.

AFM, I've been busy today, washing clothes and straightening my house. Busy Sunday for me and to top things off seems a hurricane is headed this way so I have to prepare for that :dohh: I hope it turns away, people are already buying everything out :nope:

Hi Grlz,, Howz everyone doing ??

I got my nausea back this mrng...started with gagging last night to throwing up my brfst this mrng... Colleagues at work got me some ginger ale & crackers , feeling little better from it. But i hate it when it comes back even once a week is painful now :(

Yikes - I admire your decision to deliver at home with midwife.. Strong Girl !!

Emmediva - Is it the Issac ?? I have been seeing it all day on Weather Channel.. We are in Georgia so its far from us... but stay safe hon & do stack up stuff , for you never know.

Leinz - I am counting days to see my lil one on Sep 12th though its far :( , i am sure it will pass away sooon !! Wow a private 4D scan .. that would be amazing experience. Do share your experiences.

Anyone experienced any movements ? Only thing i hear is water bubbles sometimes from my tummy... may be its my Gas Factory noises :p its 18th week & i am dying to feel any movement :)

Aanch, sorry to hear about the nausea, major bummer. I got it Friday night, just felt queasy but on Saturday morning I threw up, not fun at all :sick:

Yeah it is Isaac, I am in Louisiana, and according to the latest reports, it is headed right for us now, so my OH is out getting all the supplies today. He says the stores are packed with people getting supplies :nope:

I've felt sporadic movements now and then I became more keen to it since using the Doppler and hearing the baby move, I would feel the fluttery movement :cloud9: It's so weird because when they move the sound is LOUD on the Doppler, at first I was using headphones and after the first times of hearing movement I removed them :haha: my poor eardrums :haha:

I'm thinking of you Emmediva, hope the storm passes lightly.

Sorry to hear of the continuing sickness aanch! lol @ gas factory noises, I've had a few of those!

Hi broodyc!

Yikes - No nesting for me yet! Kinda wish it would kick in so I could start getting stuff done though!

Leinz, you'll have to post pics for us of your little girl! What's the 4D scan like?

No activity in our grp since Aug 27... Guess every1s too busy .. i thought i might have missed a lot in these 10 days but Alas ,, everyz lazy here... Get Up Grlz :))

Ok excited because i have my ultrasound tomorrow ,,, yipppie !! I will come to know the baby's gender ,, Cant wait to find out !!

When are all of your U/S scheduled & what are you hoping for ?? Few of you might have known the sex,.. Share if you are team blue or team pink !!

Go Grlz. .. Wake Up !! Njoyy

Oh how awesome that you get your scan tomorrow!!! I get mine on Tuesday afternoon and am so excited!!! My OH wants a boy so it'll be interesting to see if he gets his wish!

AFM, storm left us without power for 4 days ugh but other than that all was fine. I feel bad for all those that lost their homes due to flooding :nope:
I'm 20 weeks today :happydance: baby is moving much more or I guess since he/she is bigger I can feel more movements :cloud9:

aanch - Thanks for waking us up!

'm getting my scan on the 14th. I am dying to know what we're having but DH wants it to be a surprise, so we're staying team yellow. I might go crazy for 20 more weeks!!! :)

Question - anyone bought a crib yet? We've been looking around and I am wondering if spending more $$ really means you're getting better quality - or if it just makes you a crappy shopper? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->