Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Hello Everyone,

I just found out today that we're team :blue:!!
My DH and I are so excited, as this is our first baby :)

Congrats on team pink Midnight and team blue LBNY007! Such an exciting time to be finding out the genders, and start the countdown instead of counting up!

Okay, after all of my whining about not feeling enough... now I seem to feel baby all the time! S/he is a gymnast - moving around in there nonstop. I had my U/S this morning and LO would NOT stay still. Were were there for a long time. :) When this little munchkin gets bigger/stronger, I think I may be wishing for a quiet baby. Already I am getting poked in the bladder!

Countrygirl, Yay for Team :blue: our boys are not shy one bit huh? :haha:

Oorweeistyin, 3 more sleeps for you!!!

Mimi, yay a princess amongst all these princes :happydance: love the name :thumbup: I think mine had the hiccups yesterday too weird lol mine moves around all day long, he is so active :wacko:

Aanch, same with my OH, he was just staring aahing, had a big goofy smile and giggling, isn't it amazing to be carrying these beautiful :baby: a total miracle :cloud9:

Midnight, yay another princess, 2 for team :pink: so far!!

LBNY007, oh my yours makes 4 on team :blue: congrats!!! It's our first for OH and I too, we feel so blessed :flower:

Yikes, see it was just a matter of time before your baby became more active :thumbup: and yeah they do like to kick that bladder huh? :dohh: I don't know what mine's doing in there, maybe he's practicing to be an astronaut :haha: seems to be doing summersaults and stuff :rofl:

I agree about motherly intuition, I was fairly sure it was a boy, for some reason I caught myself calling the baby 'he' several times prior to finding out the sex. And for some reason, when ever someone said it was a girl I just didn't believe it. I am going shopping for baby clothes this weekend and going to select items for my baby shower :happydance: I can't wait to look at all the :baby: clothes and stuff :cloud9:
Oh, my doc called yesterday with my Quad screen test results and said everything came back normal, I'm so happy nothing came back abnormal :thumbup:

Congrats Ladies on team :blue:! Yay, CountryGirl and Aanch! :wohoo:

Yikesbaby: Awww a little mover! :wohoo:

Emmediva: Congrats on team :blue:! Baby shopping is fun! Yay for good quad results. :)

AFM: I thought girl with DD and she was :pink:! I thought blue this time around and I'm :pink:! So, it can be wrong. :)

Hey guys! I haven't posted in a while... I had my 20 week scan a week and a half ago and my OB said he was only 80% sure we are having a boy! Ha! So, he said we could come back this wednesday for free for a better peek and hopefully the baby will cooperate and show us a little more this time! We could only get a side view because his legs were really not opening at all. My doc felt pretty bad about it, but my husband may have felt worse wondering if our baby boy was either really small or our girl had a large vagina. Ha! I'm really not concerned at all and I do think it is a boy, but I will let you guys all know after Wednesday.

My baby has been moving A LOT also! It's a lot of fun trying to figure out what seems to trigger more movement. The baby really seems to move more when I'm hungry and after eating. My husband also felt the baby kicking for the first time a couple nights ago and that was a lot of fun.

Oh, also my OB moved my due date back to the original January 26th although I had measured ahead frequently.

I'm so happy you are all doing so well! The second trimester is so nice so far!

Hi Ladies.........team :blue: for us :thumbup:!!

I also have a low anterior placenta which is on my c section scar, so another scan booked for week 32.

:kiss:

SAS1, 80% chance of it being a boy is good, what does your OH want? Can't wait for Wednesday, 2 more sleeps for you to know for sure if it's a boy!! So sweet that your OH felt the baby kicking :cloud9:
January 26 EDD eh? 2 days after me :happydance:

Oorweeistyin, one more for team :blue: :yipee: good luck on your next scan.

AFM, I've been getting these sharp like pinchin pains in my abdomen today. I don't know if it's ligaments stretching? have any of you ladies experienced that? They don't last for longer than 2 seconds, I would almost think it's baby kicking something but I doubt it because I have felt them in my left side, close to my ovary and then smack in the middle of my abdomen.

SAS1, 80% chance of it being a boy is good, what does your OH want? Can't wait for Wednesday! So sweet that your OH felt the baby kicking :cloud9:
January 26 EDD eh? 2 days after me :happydance:

Oorweeistyin, one more for team :blue: :yipee: good luck on your next scan.

AFM, I've been getting these sharp like pinchin pains in my abdomen today. I don't know if it's ligaments stretching? have any of you ladies experienced that? They don't last for longer than 2 seconds, I would almost think it's baby kicking something but I doubt it because I have felt them in my left side, close to my ovary and then smack in the middle of my abdomen.

Thanks Emmediva,

Those pains you are getting....I think I've been getting them too.....I would compare them to my ovulation pains. Is that the kind of pain you are talking about? I am getting them lower left and lower right.

Good luck for Wednesday, it will fly :thumbup:

Hey ladies.

I had my scan yesterday too! All was good. Baby's legs were at the very bottom of the scale but I'm only 4'11 so it looks like it may have my genes rather than my 6' OH's! They kept going back to the legs which made me nervous. Head and tummy were average though! We didn't find out the sex as my OH didn't want to. I'm desperate to know though!

I have another scan at 20 weeks due to risk of IUGR. Do any of you have extra scans booked for any reasons?

Also - I had pinching pains last week around my belly button, was quite strange! I consulted Dr Google and it seemed quite common. I have all sorts of tummy discomfort.

Glad everyone is doing well ;-) :flower:

Orwee, they are sharper than OV pains but no stress it's te round ligaments stretching. Plus how about I have a bladder infection :dohh: great! :nope:

Cautious, I had to google IUGR, I hope your baby just takes after you and all is ok. No extra scans for me at the moment. I have a doc appt on 9/25 but it's just a regular check up, probably fundal measurement and heartbeat. I'll probably get info on my ultrasound results then, I hope and pray all is ok. As to not finding out the sex, it would drive me nuts :haha: I am very impatient though lol.

Ladies drink lots of water, they told me UTI's are very common in pregnancy since the placenta pushes on the bladder preventing it from fully emptying :dohh:

I've definitley had the round ligament stretching, also. And sometimes its like O pain on the one side.

Baby weighs around a pound at this point and growing rapidly. :)

It's crazy how quick they grow now! DH was shocked when I told him how long the baby is. In his mind, LO is still super tiny. It's a good thing LO is getting big, because so am I!!

Yeah, it's amazing the rate they grow, and to think we'll have our baby's in our arms in a couple of months! Eeek how exciting :cloud9:

I started my antibiotics for the UTI last night, I am not happy about taking meds while pg, I am wary about putting anything in my body that may affect my :baby: but alas I have to fight the infection. They say UTI's are normal during pregnancy since the plancenta pushes on the bladder so it can't fully empty, but left alone a UTI can cause complications so it's best to treat it.

Now for a funny story LOL...
How about we purchased a King size bed over the weekend, we had a Queen size bed with our bedroom set but I am sleeping with a pillow between my legs now and we needed the room because of that. Anyway, OH set it up on Sunday, it’s just the mattress, box springs and the frame, no foot board or head board. He set it up but it wasn’t centered so I pushed it and centered it, I guess I'm a little OCD :haha:. Well Tuesday night we are sleeping and around 1 a.m. I hear a BOOM, and the middle section of the bed collapses! Thank God we weren't :sex: :haha:. OH immediately asks if I am ok, and I am shaken but ok and am laughing LOL. So I ask him if he’s going to fix it, he says no it’s late and it’s really not that bad :dohh: I go along with it but not even 5 minutes later, I have to PEE! So I try to get up, and fall back on the bed :rofl: and I try again... and nope not happening :haha: I look around trying to grasp something (the Queen bed had a head board I could hold on to) to propel myself with :haha: but found nothing, so I fell back LOL, I felt like a beached whale :rofl: By this time OH has turned on the light and is seeing me fail at my effort to get up from the bed, so we both start laughing, mind you it’s 1:30 a.m now LOL. He helped me out of bed so I could go pee while he fixed the bed. Yesterday while I was at work I could not stop laughing every time I remembered the incident. Oh the things we go through while pregnant :rofl:

Emmediva: That is classic! :) I've had to do that several times myself already and its only going to get worse.

I also hate taking meds. But, I'm on amoxicilian antibotic for a bacteria infection in my mouth. I'm also getting two tooth extractions tomorrow. I will be on novacain and then prescribed tylenol w/codiene. All is safe in pregnancy. I will try to do without the tylenol w/codiene though and opt for regular tylenol.

So, after checking on the sex again, the doc now says that it's a girl! Ha! Kind of surprising after last time he was pretty sure it was a boy.

Emmediva - I had THREE utis and it was BRUTAL! So now, I have to take an antibiotic once prophylactically after intercourse because that seemed to increase my odds of having issues. Since then I have been doing fine. And there has also been a lot of talk of moving up to a king size bed in my house!

:rofl: Emmediva! Lucky you already getting to feel like a beached whale! How is the king size bed now that it's all fixed? I had a UTI around 8 weeks and I think it was the cause of the bit of spotting I had so I didn't like the idea of antibiotics but I sure was happy to have them.

cautious... glad your scan went well, I guess it'll be nice to have another one though hopefully everything's ok! Could you find out the sex and not tell DH?

SAS1 - did you get to see the 'parts'? Crazy they could change their mind like that! A little scary!

I'm off on our babymoon this afternoon! DH planned the whole thing and all I know is that we are going to Orlando, Florida! Sounds like it's very hot there right now but we can just go at our own pace, whatever we're doing! Have a great weekend ladies :)

Have fun on your babymoon countrygirl!! :) I want to have one too but DH is saving his vacation time for when LO comes. I might go away with my mom for a bit. :thumbup: Right now all I want to do is take time off and sleep though!! :sleep:

SAS1 - Wow!! We don't know what we're having... which is making me insane... but I think it changing on me would make me more crazy!! You're handling it well. :thumbup:

:rofl: Emmediva! Lucky you already getting to feel like a beached whale! How is the king size bed now that it's all fixed? I had a UTI around 8 weeks and I think it was the cause of the bit of spotting I had so I didn't like the idea of antibiotics but I sure was happy to have them.

cautious... glad your scan went well, I guess it'll be nice to have another one though hopefully everything's ok! Could you find out the sex and not tell DH?

SAS1 - did you get to see the 'parts'? Crazy they could change their mind like that! A little scary!

I'm off on our babymoon this afternoon! DH planned the whole thing and all I know is that we are going to Orlando, Florida! Sounds like it's very hot there right now but we can just go at our own pace, whatever we're doing! Have a great weekend ladies :)

Thanks Countrygirl86! I'm hoping everything will be fine and it turns out to be a nice thing having the extra scans.

My OH and I went to Orlando for 2 weeks and just got back a few days ago. It was very hot but I didn't bake myself in the sun like I usually do. It rained quite a few times (not enough to interrupt holiday) and I was wishing id taken a light jacket just for when it rained. I actually appreciated the rain as it cooled things s bit. We had a lovely time! I want to go back already! Have a fabulous time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->