Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Kitty...welcome to the board :happydance:. So happy you found us. This group is full of wonderful ladies.

Leinz...love the name! I can't wait to find out what I'm having on Sept. 7th so that I can call him/her by name as well.

Yikes...I've heard great reviews about the Angelsounds doppler so it's funny that you mentioned that you bought it. I may consider buying one myself. Hearing that HB is the most beautiful sound in the world isn't it?

Emmediva...You poor thing :hugs:. I hope your MS subsides very soon. It sucks when you can't keep anything down...ugh.

AFM...I still have a lot of gas and am tired most of the time. Just yesterday, I dozed off at work. Thank goodness no one caught me :dohh:. I also find that I'm always hungry especially around bed time so Emmediva, I can relate.

Countrygirl: Awwweee... I'd be wrestling DH for both names. (Pink & Blue). I'm glad you are feeling great!

Emmediva: I hope you are feeling better. :hugs: MS at 17 weeks, AWFUL!

Mimi: Thanks hun! :hugs: Wow, I can't believe you have to wait until Sept. 7. :hugs:

AFM: I paid for an early scan at 14+4. I'm so happy we did. I go again Aug. 28 for what would've been my gender scan (actually Anamoly). I call it finding out for sure. :)

We outted to family. Seems like everyone likes it. Except my SIL and MIL, they don't talk about it and change the topic. But, I don't care what they think.. DH and I love it. :)

Kitty, welcome to the thread, yeah I am now in more maternity clothes. I have some slacks that still fit but are getting tight so I'm going to have to purchase a couple more pairs soon.

Country, I asked my OH the other day if he thought they were getting darker, I was looking in the mirror and noticed the difference. Them it surprised me that he wanted to bd :dohh: I had the girls out in full view :haha:

Midnight, wow a Valentine estimated due date :) welcome. I noticed your signature says you haven't told FB, I haven't either, I'll probably be 5.5 months when I tell my friends on FB :haha:

AFM, had morning sickness this morning, I've rarely had itso it took me by surprise, I usually gag when brushing my teeth but this morning it was full blown, ugh, my breakfast consisted of apple juice and saltines. Had soup for lunch and my stomach still feels queasy :sick:

Hi, thanks, yeah I just have not found a time to put it on FB yet haha, maybe tomorrow as I have a scan :) When are you due? x

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well..............I am patiently waiting for my 20 week scan which is going to have to be put back to my 22nd week now due to OH being away from home :wacko:

HURRY UP, I am so desperate to see if team pink or blue! :dohh:

Mimi, thanks, in doing much better today :thumbup: I have a Sonoline Doppler and I like it cause it counts the beats. How funny that you dozed off at work! I've done that a couple times, I've learned to use my long hair to my advantage and act like I'm thinking :haha: I have a pillow in my car and take naps during my lunch break, I found it easier to cope that way :blush: I went and purchased some fruit and granola bars yesterday, so when I get hungry I can eat something that's good for me.

Leinz, I have to wait to find out till September 24 or so, I the having to wait so long to find out!! I'll be 22 weeks by then but ughh hate the wait. I'm still undecided on names, I like one & then I changed mind :dohh: haven't found any that I absolutely love :nope: I agree as long as both you and your hubby love the name, family can deal with it.

Midnight, I'm due January 24, my OH wants to wait till our next ultrasound which is in late September :dohh: it's just so far away :cry:

Oorweeistyin, when is your scan? I desperately want to know what I'm having too. Can't wait to be able to purchase gender specific items :cloud9:

AFM, feeling much better than yesterday, still queasy but no throwing up whih is good :thumbup: I made my appointment to tour the hospital where (God willing) I'll give birth at. So excited because they have labor tubs to ease the pain :thumbup:

Emmediva: I'm sorry you'll be waiting so long. :hugs: I love the sounds of a birthing tub. I tour mine Sept. 6. I usually wouldn't but since DD was born they built a whole new birthing unit. No birthing tubs though, but showers.

Hey ladies! Nice to meet you all, I hope you are all well.

I'm due on Feb 1st and would love to join this group. I don't have any buddies on here yet (sniff sniff ;-)) and although I'm 30 not many of my friends have children so it would be great to be able to chat to you all!

Been quite apprehensive so far but had a great 16 week check today and heard the baby's heartbeat good and strong :)

I noticed a couple of you chatting about posting on FB. I'm quite undecided on this!

Hi Midnight! How lovely, a valentine's baby!

Emmediva - after we talked about it, I had a look in the mirror and ONE of mine is dark! It's the strangest thing! It's only if you look at them straight on at the same time but I hope the other one catches up lol can't blame DH wanting to BD after seeing those pups!

mimi - lovely but I hear you on the gas! Glad no one caught you on your nap :haha:

Leinz - what's an Anamoly? We've decided not to tell our name choice until the baby comes, we might come up with a fake one just to get people off our backs lol All that matters is that you and DH love it!

welcome cautious! My due date has been changed to Feb 1st too! We all love to chat!

Anyone having trouble getting comfortable sleeping? I've been having an awful time the last few nights, I feel like I toss and turn the night through. I'd always been a back sleeper so I'm trying to sleep on my sides but it feels like I never stop moving through the night. I'm going to get a pregnancy pillow to see if that helps but wondering if you ladies have any other tricks?

Leinz, I tour mine on October 7, everything was booked up till then. I'm 'planning' a natural birth, we'll see how it goes later. My OB/Gyn is all for it but said there would be help available should I need it :thumbup:

Cautious, welcome, yeah I haven't said anything on FB but will probably announce it when we know the sex :)

Midnight, so are you going to keep us in suspense? LOL how'd the scan go?

:flower:
Emme

I've announced everywhere. :) But my FB is mainly family. I'm the oldest of 10 children. I'm so happy its all out. It's so exciting! :)

I'll have more ultrasound pics on Aug. 28. An Anamoly scan is usually the 20w scan they tell you gender. They look it over, baby's heart, brain and limbs etc for defect markers.

Emmediva: You can do natural. I did with DD. :) I'm planning on it again. Breathing techniques, chapstick did wonders for me. Also definitley don't stay laying down, its not easy but lean against the wall, get up and walk. I planned on the birthing ball but didn't end up using one.

Country, yes I've had trouble getting comfortable at night. I am trying to force myself to get used to sleeping on my left side but having trouble, I am more comfortable on my right side :shrug: sometimes I use a pillow between my legs and kind of tilt towards it, that seems to help.

Leinz, I will definitely need tips, did you go to a website or purchase a book on natural birthing? I welcome all information :)

I've had heaviness in my lower abdomen and as time goes by it seems to be getting heavier. When I get the urge to pee and stand up I think I feel the uterus/baby pressure on my abdomen. I read it's normal since the baby is growing lots right now, do you guys feel heaviness in your abdomen?

I can't say I've felt any heaviness Emmediva but I definitely feel perma-bloated lol

I have quite a lot of discomfort in abdomen most days. Sometimes it feels really tender and almost bruised to the touch. I have also had heaviness off and on - last time I had it badly I googled it I read that it was normal

Well the heaviness is easing up some on my abdomen, or I'm getting used to it :haha: so how about I had a BIG scare awhile ago! I was using the Doppler and couldn't hear the heartbeat, I was trying to not freak out but as the minutes passed I got more worried and then my OH walked in and wanted to hear the heartbeat so he made me more nervous :dohh: I asked him to let me be and would let him know when I found the heartbeat... Man I was praying, thankfully I found it, the baby has moved up towards my waist and stomach :dohh: so that's why my belly is bigger :haha:

Emmediva: OMG! The uterus thing is exactly what I have. Its a ache when you go to get up, worse if you need to pee. Thats ME! I didn't have it with DD. It was more like a constant crampiness. It tends to go... I feel it a few days a week or so, then it fades out and comes back again.

As for natural birthing. I'm no expert I did it. But, I went in with the additude... If I can't handle the pain... If it gets to be to much, I'll have the epidural. However, when I got to that point I was 7cm dilated and it was to late. DD was here a 1/2 later regardless. :)

Leinz, love that attitude! That's how I'm thinking, I want to be positive and try my best to do a natural birth but like you, if I need help I want to be able to have it on hand. I talked to a friend today and she said her sister just had a baby in July. He said at first her sister wanted to do it natural but then she succumbed to the pain & requested an epidural, so they gave her an epidural and broke her waters. The doctors told her labor would be fast after that. My friend said as soon as they gave her sister the epidural the contractions stopped & the babies heart beats dropped, her chances of infection went up since her waters had been broken & she had to have an emergency C-section :( unfortunately her wound has gotten infected & she hasn't been able to breastfeed her baby :( such a sad story... But all too real.

You can't assume that having an epidural will cause problems with your labor though. Plus, as a nurse, I have to say I find it interesting that child birth is the one terribly painful medical procedure that people think you should "go natural" with. Nobody says, "oh you know I really think you should try going natural with your knee surgery". Because that would be crazy right?! Society makes it seem as though women are supposed to have to endure the pain and are often thought of as a failure when they take the help of an epidural or pain meds. We are made to be able to give birth, yes. But that doesn't mean we have to endure the pain when we have the resources to avoid it. I've seen women that spent hours and hours laboring at home and finally when they have absolutely nothing left, end up in the hospital and are no longer even able to push because they have been completely drained. I really like your idea of being open to any options though. I think women are more likely to have a positive feeling about their birth experience when they don't place so much pressure on themselves to follow a specific birth plan. You just have to let it happen and do what feels right for you.

Sas, I'm open to the epidural if I really feel I need it, I'm really hoping not to though. I want to try the natural route if it's possible, if not oh we'll I just want my baby to be safe & healthy. I'm just scared to death of surgery, a C-Section is major surgery :nope: my mom had one with my little sister & it also got infected, to this day 22 years later, you can still see the place where they had to operate 3 times to remove abscesses :nope: it's just scary to me.

You ladies are definitely giving me lots to think about in terms of the birth! Something I haven't thought too much about yet. I am definitely open to any pain relief I need and to trusting the professionals to look after me and the baby.

I hope you are all doing well. I have an appointment with a consultant tomorrow due to an extremely low Papp A result in my 1st Trinester screening. Am quite nervous about it, hope it doesn't freak me out even more!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->