Gender disappointment later?:(

Abii

Mommy to 5 perfect kids & #6 otw♡
Reaction score
This is my first time posting in this section and honestly I feel horrible about it but I have no one else I can talk to about this so here it goes..my husband and I found out that were expecting our second girl when I was 18w, before we found out the gender I said I wouldn't mind what it was and had no preference but deep down of course I had want for a boy but nonetheless I was still very excited after the gender reveal. Up until now that is..now I am 24w and starting to have a little bit of gender disappointment. I feel really bad because we ttc this baby for 11 months and we also have 2 angels so I feel like I'm being ungrateful even though our prayers were answered:cry: because of this I am having trouble bonding with Lilia unlike with my first daughter. I love her don't get me wrong but sometimes when I feel her kick or move it makes the gender disappointment feelings stronger:nope:
My husband and I do want 3 children so a boy isn't completely out of the cards for us but I feel like a bad mom because I'm not as happy as I was with my first daughter even after everything we went through the 11 months we were ttc.
I guess there isn't really a point in posting this I just needed to vent and get this off my chest. Its such a sucky feeling:cry:

Don't have any real advice for you, all I can say is maybe next time you will get your boy :)
But I do just want to say that it's natural to feel like you do, and not to feel horrible. When people already have a certain gender, it's of course only natural to want the other gender next (usually!)
Gender disappointment is such an underrated thing.. women think they shouldn't be feeling like it and like they're these awful people for feeling disappointed and there's this general consesus that it shouldn't be spoken of. When actually I think it's a real issue and something that talking about can make better.
Chin up :) You will love your 2nd little girl, and there may still be a boy for you in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->