Gender Specific Hopefuls

Hi ladies, i had my 12 week scan yesterday and the ultrasound technician had a guess based on the nub theory (because i asked him). He said his guess was boy, i already have 2 boys and this will be our last baby (i felt so deflated).

My question is how accurate is the nub theory? Has anyone had any personal experience where it was wrong this early on?

I have compared my scan pic of one's online and it does look like the nub point's up but baby's back is quite curved upwards, am i clutching at straws here or should i just accept the fact we are having our third boy!!!:cry::cry:

Danni, have you posted your pics anywhere, I'd love to guess for you :)

No i haven't yet, when i get a chance in the morning i will post it, i only have the one and a dvd. In the dvd the nub looks different in different shots.

Hi ladies, i had my 12 week scan yesterday and the ultrasound technician had a guess based on the nub theory (because i asked him). He said his guess was boy, i already have 2 boys and this will be our last baby (i felt so deflated).

My question is how accurate is the nub theory? Has anyone had any personal experience where it was wrong this early on?

I have compared my scan pic of one's online and it does look like the nub point's up but baby's back is quite curved upwards, am i clutching at straws here or should i just accept the fact we are having our third boy!!!:cry::cry:

Danni, have you posted your pics anywhere, I'd love to guess for you :)

Lets see if this works, any guesses would be great.

https://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z409/danniemmet/P1110798.jpg

I do think that really looks like a boy nub, I hope I'm wrong though :hugs:

dannikids: Remember, you were only twelve weeks at this sonogram, and some baby girls genitalia is slower to move downward. A girls genitalia can be really hard to define as a "girl" at 12 weeks but usually the nub isn't straight up like it, girls nubs are usually very viable at this stage but point downward. This is just a guess, but I think you are have another boy. :hugs:

I agree with the others...but just keep hope hun, bc without confirmation theres always a [large] chance we could be wrong :hugs:

Thanks ladies for your input, i'm telling myself baby is a boy. Although on the dvd it does look different in different shots!! I will just have to wait and see.:shrug::shrug:

Danni, I really hope its a girl for you. Gender disappointment is not a very nice feeling to go through. Its one of the worst feelings when you know that it is your last baby. i am just beginning to get over it. In just about 4 weeks I will be having my baby and i am not looking forward to comments that i am going to receive. I am actually looking forward to welcoming my little baby now. Wish you best of luck xxx

Can i be added onto ttc please! i have two boys already who are 3 and 2 and we are now ttc :-D Would be nice to have a little girl thos time... im being over crowded with boys! lol xx

Welcome Jadey!
I can't wait to join you TTC but hopefully your :pink: will be on board and kicking before that happens (not trying for a year and a half). I too have two boys, have fun! hope you get your girl! I know how much it means.

Thank's ladies, i had it confirmed by my OB that baby is indeed a :blue:!! I was ok, i was actually a little excited after seeing baby on the screen bouncing around until i called my sister to tell her the news and she said " oh are you ok" and i burst in to tears !!
I then called my husband and he said "that's ok will have another" bless him he would do any thing to make me happy he wasn't keen for a third!! IF we do try again it wont be for a few year's. I wont be worrying about my fertility and whether it will or wont happen (i have low AMH and i am only 31) i have worried about this for too long!!!! If we are blessed in a few years so be it if not i am just thankful for the babies we have, considering i was told i may never have kids!!

I wish all you ladies the outcome you wish for, but we have to remember we are truly lucky anyway:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Today, I had my prenatal appointment. Doctor wanted an ultrasound too, so I walked across the hall to the ultrasound room. I knew from my previous ultrasounds that baby must have implanted or something a little late because the measurement of the baby didn't jive with when I'd suspect I would have ovulated but because my cycle was out of wack, I didn't question it.

I freaked out when I see the baby. LOL! He/She is a lot bigger and fills up my womb a lot more than what I was expecting...and he said that I was measuring 10 weeks 5 days! Making me almost 11 weeks! (*whew* this week went by fast...lol!) Which makes more sense to me because it more so coincides with how far I THOUGHT I might have been originally. Apparently baby just needed to play a little catch-up in the growth department. Sooo exciting!!!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/314421_10151981434490268_2112226295_n.jpg

I hope I'm allowed to join here. We are TTC number 2. We have a boy and would really love a little girl because we are only having 1 more child. (unless we have mutliples). I think I will feel sad if we have another boy because it will def be our last child but i know I will love the child no matter what gender. I do love my little man.

I hope I'm allowed to join here. We are TTC number 2. We have a boy and would really love a little girl because we are only having 1 more child. (unless we have mutliples). I think I will feel sad if we have another boy because it will def be our last child but i know I will love the child no matter what gender. I do love my little man.

Of course you are welcome here! :hugs::thumbup:

Kitta, best of luck in getting your little girl :hugs:

Welcome Kitta :flower: Hope your gender dreams come true :dust:

lovely picture SLCMommy! :cloud9:

danni-thats a beautiful outlook :flow:

oh how i wish it were end of 2013, begining of 2014! i really want a girl! I dont so much care to just get pregnant this time, i will try gender swaying even if its not foolproof, but i just hope i get her this time! ....the more DS2 becomes mobile the more i hope for a girl! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->