Gender Specific Hopefuls

Just thought I would update... We miscarried out baby last Tuesday :cry:

Feel bloody awful for wishing for a girl now.

I'm so sorry I felt the same when I miscarried but it's not cause of that so don't think it its a horrible experience that no woman should have to go through I lost 4 before I had Harvey that's why I came to the conclusion I can't carry girls I'm hear if you want to talk xx

Just thought I would update... We miscarried out baby last Tuesday :cry:

Feel bloody awful for wishing for a girl now.

I'm so sorry I felt the same when I miscarried but it's not cause of that so don't think it its a horrible experience that no woman should have to go through I lost 4 before I had Harvey that's why I came to the conclusion I can't carry girls I'm hear if you want to talk xx

:hugs: It did cross my mind that that was the reason I lost the baby too, although I have no logical reason for thinking that, it's my only loss... Suppose my mind is just playing tricks.

That was the first thing to cross my mind after the first mc then after the second and 3rd I thought that must be the reason although doctors told me I was being stupid then after they done tests and nothing but my blood clotting thing came back i thought it again then when I miscarried number 4 and I was on the heparin I figured that must be the reason but it was comfirmed in my mind for sure once I found out Harvey was a boy even though I did nearly lose him to at 16 weeks!! These things sometimes just happen and when you want a particular sex it does make you feel a bit guilty but you shouldn't everyone who gets pregnant has a preference on what they would like whether it be their first or not i wanted a girl with every pregnancy but got 5 boys and like I say I'm sure I'll get a good few granddaughters down the line and I'll be able to have all the nice parts of having a girl with the ability to hand her back when the tantrums start xx

Yeah Geordiemammy I think you are right everyone has preferences I think even slightly just people don't voice them for fear of being ungrateful. since I had DS1 I have felt that I'd only ever have boys and then my yellow bump turned blue with DS2. I'm with a new partner now and trying again but I still think it's gonna be another boy and I haven't conceived yet!

My mc was with a new partner I hope that we don't have to experience it again :(

I hope you don't either after my fourth mc I had gave up it was to hard to put myself through it emotionally or physically again but I fell pregnant 20 days after the 4th mc and Harvey came out of that xx

My EDD is May 29, 2014! This is my third I have two boys and I am really hoping for a girl because it will be my last because I always tend to have complications so my next appointment is on Monday December 30, 2013 and they will schedule my ultrasound that day I will go in and will be able to find out if the baby cooperates lol! Hoping for team :pink:

Here is my update.... Well we had our ultrasound today and it appears we are team...

:pink:

We are so excited! We wanted a girl since we already had a boy. I just hope they are right! :happydance:

Congratulations!

Proud parent did you get your ultrasound yet?

I have renewed hope. Dh has said we can have another when we move, which at first I found discouraging as we didn't think we could move for another 4/5 years by which point he'll be 49/50 before we even ttc. (I'm 27, he is 45) but we might possibly be able to move the end of the year.
I still don't know for sure what's going to happen, but the fact it's not a definite no means I have hope but also time to adjust and get used to the possibility of no more, and see how I feel when we get there. I'm praying there will be something in the village in our price range with the right number of bedrooms by the time we can move.

How many children do you have motherofboys?

OH and I have talked about having a 4th if 3rd is another boy, but it's different for him as he has no children of his own and I have 2 boys already. Just going to see how it goes but it's a possibility.

We have 4 boys, the youngest was born in October. The eldest will be 8 in 5 weeks time. We always planned 5/6 children no matter what gender we had, I just never really considered that we might get all one gender.
I think if we do have another, I will try swaying. I am grateful to have 4 healthy boys and did worry that a sway would raise my hopes and increase any disappointment I would feel at getting another boy. But I now feel that I need to give it that shot so I can say I tried and that this is just how it's supposed to be for us. I think it would bring a kind of closure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->