Gender Specific Hopefuls

Discussion in 'Gender Disappointment' started by Guppy051708, Apr 4, 2012.

  1. Misscalais

    Misscalais Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2012
    Messages:
    7,472
    Likes Received:
    1
    Haven't updated in here for a while.
    Boy #3 for us on the way. Was really hoping to be team pink but looks like god had other plans. He's healthy which is the main thing.
     
  2. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    Congratulations on a healthy baby Hun. How are you feeling?
     
  3. Jeslynn

    Jeslynn Mother to 3 Boys

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2013
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    So i am a mother to 2 boys and expect our 3rd and last baby, we are hoping for a girl as this is our last...i think i will be sad if i find out we are having another boy even tho i will love him the same..i will update when we find out what we will be having. I am currently 14+4
     
  4. geordiemammy

    geordiemammy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,668
    Likes Received:
    0
    Motherofboys that's good news on number 5 how's everything going?? My oh has said defo no more I think I would have one more but he is pretty sure we won't but we have had a tough few months and I think he is more stressed with all that cause he says he couldn't cope with another (like he does anything) so we will see plus with my pre cancerous cell the decision could be taken from me any time :( I'm having a little trouble with ds4 he has became very clingy and is being very naughty lately I think its cause he has realised Harvey is here to stay the older ones understand that the baby needs more attention but jake 4 is having trouble with it although he loves Harvey and he hasn't aimed it directly at him he always wants to cuddle him and stuff I blame the bigger age gap xx
     
  5. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    I've seen a difference having that bigger gap, I think its where they are used to being the baby and suddenly they are not. Nate (3) plays up for me much more now, and demands everyone looks at him when he plays. I try to make the extra effort to play with him, he'll be off to school full time in September. He is more accepting of other people doing things for him now though.
    Things are going well though, everything seems to have settled down.
    DS1 and 2 have got it into their heads they will be having 2 little sisters though, even though we have never discussed anything in front of them.
     
  6. Phantom

    Phantom Mommy

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2010
    Messages:
    3,487
    Likes Received:
    451
    I haven't been here in a while but I thought I'd update for the first page. I am expecting my little girl! We are beyond thrilled. Now we have our son and are waiting on our daughter.
     
  7. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    Congratulations phantom
     
  8. MrsM17

    MrsM17 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    725
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did anyone ttc a specific gender by doing anything?
     
  9. geordiemammy

    geordiemammy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,668
    Likes Received:
    0
    Haha you might get twin girls next time!! Jake starts school in September too but he only missed out by 4 weeks or he would of started sept gone he is so ready for it now he was in September but just not old enough xx
     
  10. Kristeeny1

    Kristeeny1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    0
    We tried timing intercourse. No sex day before and day of ovulation and bam! We are hopefully getting our little girl. When we conceived DS we had sex the day before, day of, and day after.

    Good Luck!


     
  11. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    I've always liked the idea of twins, I have twin brothers. The idea of going from 4 to 6 is a bit scary though lol I don't want to even imagine I might get a girl to be honest lol
     
  12. geordiemammy

    geordiemammy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,668
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know what you mean I think I would pass out if they ever said twins to me although with number 4 I had a really big bleed and when I got back to England they scanned me and there were 2 sacs so they said it could possibly have been twins I had had my 12 week scan though but they said it could of hidden so who knows!!

    The girl thing is a totally sore subject in my house cause I know I'll never get a daughter but hopefully they boys will give my a few granddaughters xx
     
  13. hello_kitty

    hello_kitty Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2011
    Messages:
    2,442
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi can I join? I have a 14 month old son and currently 10 weeks pregnant. I really want a girl this time for a new experience but I don't know why I have a strong feeling it's another boy. My dh and I both agreed to have 3-4 kids so if it's another boy we have at least 1 more try but I'd still be a little disappointed nonetheless. I'm due 8/8 of this year.
     
  14. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    So on my facebook I'm a member of a couple of parent groups. This morning someone posted a picture of their newborn baby with the caption "my baby girl, born at blah blah blah, to join my 3 boys"
    How lovely, you may think, but what I thought was "put the phone down before you throw it across the room"
    Anyway I'm reading every pink sway article I can find on the GD site, then going to put together a sway plan. I know stress raises your testosterone levels and could be the reason for at least some failed sways, so I'm trying to cut stress (hard with 4 boys) and put together a sway that isn't too intense.
    I just wish we could TTC sooner rather than later.
     
  15. 30mummyof1

    30mummyof1 Mummy of 3

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010
    Messages:
    14,269
    Likes Received:
    586
    :hi: sorry i've been mia. TTC seemed so far away last year but now we're in 2014 it seems more real and i'm ready to think more about it again :)
    Swaying seems so overwhelming. When do you think you will start ttc motherofboys? I'm undecided whether to try swaying. I was all up for it when we were going to ttc last year but now i'm so broody!
    Yes i've heard stress is a factor, which i can definitely relate for my 2nd boy but my 1st wasn't planned and i was having the time of my life out partying etc.. so i don't think i was particularly stressed and certainly not about ttc..:shrug:
     
  16. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    I just wrote a big long post and then my phone went weird and seems to have deleted it. Anyway I don't think I was particularly stressed especially with my 1st. He was conceived first month ttc. But if it will raise my T levels I don't want it haha
    We will hopefully move at some point in the year and them ttc at the end of the year.
    I don't want a sway to take over my life, but don't want to get pregnant and then think 'I should have tried' so I think I'm going to do some cardio exercise and make a few dietary changes and take some supplements.
     
  17. geordiemammy

    geordiemammy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,668
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hope it works for you xx
     
  18. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    Thanks Geordie. Right now I feel ok with the fact I'll probably get another boy. I saw something the other day and I'm sure the odds were after 4 boys its an 80% chance of another, if I can alter that from 20% girl to 30 or 40% girl then I'll be happy to say I gave it a go.
    I have a boys name already and keep looking at Seths clothes that don't fit thinking how sad it will be to not use them again, whether that's no baby or a baby girl.
    I'm so broody already, its just getting worse, and I just want to be pregnant, girl or boy.
    But as I say I don't want to think that if I get another boy, I'm going to think "what if". I think if I'm having another baby anyway and I'm not going to do an all consuming sway that raises my hopes, if I'm realistic, then it might be able to bring a closure and then I can be happy to say no more babies.
     
  19. MrsM17

    MrsM17 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    725
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am 2 weeks into my sway for a girl and we start ttc in 4 weeks yikes!

    I found it overwhelming at first but getting used to it now. I am in general a stress head to trying to curb that is proving hard... x
     
  20. motherofboys

    motherofboys Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Messages:
    15,657
    Likes Received:
    2,319
    How is it going? what sway technics are you using?
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice