Gender Specific Hopefuls

hopefully your cycles come back while still bf'ing. i got lucky and got my cycles back when the boys were 4 months old, and i could still bf. They pretty much weined themselves so i ended up pumping for the next two months.

Im hoping they come back and i dont have to wean. He turned 7 months old today, so i guess that fact alone makes me more "at risk" fortheir return...

.oh i cant wait to join you girls! Dh and i were discussing names. Girls of course :blush: we really like Natalie and Lily but they are so common and i want our kids to have more rare names...but girl names are tough and we are very fond of em, so idk....oh im dreaming :blush: one thing we decided on is a boy name, just in case we have a 3rd one....could give me some thing happy about it suppose. Ezra will def be the first name. Not sure about the rest of it.

I love those names!! What about Lillian or Natalia? Almost the same, but a little twist? I LOVE Lillian, but it really doesn't go with our last name :(

Lily is on our list, Izaiah (our nearly 5 yr old) wants Lily, he even refers to the baby as "Baby sister girl baby" and if you ask him what the baby's name is he says "Lily"... EXCEPT! He has a speech delay, and one of his issues is L's lol. So he says "Wiwy", but he thinks he's saying Lily. So I'm pretty sure it's off our list.

We also like Ava, and Sienna.

No boys names talked about... -_-

Ladies I am in the hospital. Woke up with a gush of blood and been bleeding heavily. Am waiting for dr to come but have to say it doesn't look good :-(. I'm 15+4 so shouldn't be bleeding now.

Oh bigmomma, I hope everything is okay, keeping you in my thoughts! :hugs:

In terms of girls names, I was thinking about the name Matilda the other day...I've never really liked it that much but all of a sudden I love it, and the nickname Tilly is adorable. Here's hoping for a pink bundle next time around so I can use it :D

So, Josh and I have been discussing about how we really want to do something for the kids (vacation wise). There has been so much going on (and still will) that I haven't ever talked about with hardly anyone, and we feel we just need a "break" or "vacation", per se. We have thought about doing a cruise(s) because while we do not have a lot of money, cruise lines will let you make payments which is really nice We have thought about him and I doing one sometime in 2014 (booking it sometime this fall and making payments) however, my oldest will be 8 this November. With that being said, she really wants to go on the Disney Cruise Ship. The Disney Cruise is MUCH more expensive than other leading lines because of the "Disney" name, but I guess If I could swing it, I really wouldn't mind. My children, myself nor my husband has ever been to anything Disney so this would be a much anticipated trip (probably more for me and my husband...LOL) and Us (DH and I) and the two older kiddos are HUGE Disney Buffs and would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to get pictures with the characters and see Disney Broadway-Style plays aboard the ship! *eee!* However...here is my "issue" in which I really need advice. More so for the "motherly" part of me than anything else:

* I have thought about possibly just doing a Disney Cruise with DH, myself, and the two older children first because of the cost (six people total would cost SO much (about $8,000 total if we went cheapie... and we'd legally have to have (2) staterooms because there is only 5 people per stateroom, regardless of age. Staterooms are not promised to be "connected" and at my childrens ages I don't want them in a seperate room anyways, even if they were "connected") and than, once the younger two (my current 4 year old, and baby I am pregnant with) DH and I could take later, when they are older. But, by the time we would "go" he would be six and baby would be two... see where my guilt comes in? LOL

* We WOULD do whatever it took to "make promise" that we would eventually take the younger two on a Disney Cruise.

*Or, DH and I have said him and I could go on a cruise together in 2014, than after that "save up" enough to have a nice vacation on the Disney Cruise and go when the baby I am pregnant with is about 4-5. The only issue is that by that time, our oldest will be 13 - and probably WAY out of the "Disney" thing. Also, if we were ALL going to go and go comfortably, it would cost about $11,000 and honestly, it probably would take us a lot more time to save up that kind of money - and by than it would be more because the majority of the children would be "adult fare" by then.

So, my question is:

If you were me, would you take the older two on a Disney Cruise now - because you can make payments enough for a decent time to go and the children going would be able to appreciate what is really going on, with the promise that when the younger two are older (around 6 and 10) you would take them then?

OR

Would you go with DH for a couples cruise vacation (obviously, not on Disney) and then just save up the money for everyone to go regardless how long it took?

and lastly:

If we took just the older two, with all the reasons I stated above, would I be a bad mom, should I feel guilty if in fact we just take the older two the first time?

I know this isn't gender related, but I would like some mommy advise :)

Ladies I am in the hospital. Woke up with a gush of blood and been bleeding heavily. Am waiting for dr to come but have to say it doesn't look good :-(. I'm 15+4 so shouldn't be bleeding now.

OH NO! I am SO sorry to hear this bigmomma!! Please keep up updated!! :hugs:

I'm very happy to report that a scan has shown a happy wriggly baby and a firmly fixed placenta and no obvious cause of the blood. I am so relieved :)

Not such great news now I've seen Dr. Had an internal and bleeding not coming from cervical erosion like they thought. Dr could see trickle of fresh blood coming from neck of uterus so has told me one of 2 things will happen. Either bleeding stops or I will miscarry. Apparently bleeding after 12 weeks is more likely to lead to miscarriage than if you bleed before 12 weeks. Not feeling very hopeful now.

Big momma I hope everything will be ok for you.

Oh gosh, Bigmomma, I hope everything's okay, and bean stays sticky! My thoughts are with you hun!.
xoxox

Big momma, I hope everything turns out okay. I had a bleed too this pregnancy due to previa and j know it's instinct to panic a little. I'll be thinking of you honey x

Are you bed rest now big momma?

Slc - how about the great wolf lodge?

:hugs: bigmamma. I hope all is going well and baby is there to stay <3

SLC- I think either plan is fine (not sure how young your youngest ones are though?). I agree, i would not want my kids in another room even with the promise of them being connected. I also would not want to pay for children that cant really appriciate whats going on-not when cost is the biggest factor.
I dont see anything wrong with making promises, so long as you think you can keep them.

I also dont see anything wrong with just you and DH going. That could be a good 'baby moon'. Might be good for you two to get away and rekindle anything that can be tough with children. Then go at a later date with the kids.

Sorry, i realize this probably didn't help much :blush: but just my two cents.

Bigmomma I'm so sorry you're going through that! =( I hope everything turns out for the best for you and little one! :hugs: Just keep positive, send your little one tons of positive vibes.

SLC, that is a TOUGH ONE! If it would be more cost effective for you and DH to take a cruise yourself at this time, then that's probably what I'd do. I think it would be hard for me to not feel bad about leaving some kids behind lol. Also, they're not going to dislike you for not taking them on a cruise. :haha: Do something special for your husband and yourself! And work on a future family trip down the road. :flower:

Oh yes, I forgot why I was coming to post.

I dreamed all night that I was having a boy, confirmed through ultrasound ect.. I woke up feeling pretty disappointed lol. I've dreamed since the beginning that I was having a boy. But I know I dreamed through my other pregnancies it would be a girl so I dunno.

I also went to be feeling very anxious about gender so I'm sure that's why it happened lol.

:hugs: the nerves have got to be very high hun. I remember feeling that way with #2.
Hopefully you just always dream about the opposite sex like you did in the past :D or maybe your just so anxious your dream is just pointing it out :hugs: i hope you get your girl hun <3

Bigmomma, I hope everything is ok! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'll send my thoughts and prayers to you today, and hope that news is good. :hugs: :hugs:

SLC, I don't think the baby would mind being left behind, but would the 4-year-old? Could you take 3 of the kids and then you could all be in one room? I know cost is an option too, though, so maybe the baby-moon idea is a good one. What about just going to Disneyland? Would that be cheaper or more expensive? Just some ideas :D That's a tough call!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->