General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Also my brothers wife is pregnant as y’all know. I’ve had to help give 2 baby showers in 2 years for her and now i have to help with another one. Her sister always organizes all the sister in laws to throw the shower. At least this one is for a girl but damn I’m tired of doing all the food and helping throw a baby shower cause you can look at my brother and get knocked up. I’ve been trying since she got pregnant with the first one and still nada. Damn I guess I am still being a salty bitch. Oops. Sorry not sorry. Haha

And my in laws had to rush up to Colorado to be with my brothers sister cause she’s starting to have issues but she isn’t 37 weeks yet and her hospital basically told her they won’t do anything till 39 weeks unless she passes out or the baby is in distress. Man times have changed since i had Tabs. They took her at 37 weeks cause of high blood pressure and pre eclampsia. She has the same symptoms just no protein in urine yet

I mean, is it just how I was raised or do women get more baby showers than they are supposed to? I was brought up with a woman getting a baby shower for the first baby. That's it. It's basically just to get you a bunch of useful stuff for a first baby. I dunno. I know all the ones I ever was involved with only had one.

Anywho,
here's my 12 dpo hpt
2-28 hpt.jpg
2-28 hpt2.jpg

Again can't see anything but wondering how it looks irl?

Around here the first is a shower, then they call the rest "sprinkles"; like a celebration of the next baby and some smaller useful things, maybe toys, chewers, diapers, etc.

Personally I had a shower for ds2 but that was because we said we were "one and done" and got rid of everything and were basically starting from scratch, with the exception of the crib & changing table (although it was atop a dresser ds1 was using so we then had to buy him a dresser).

Cb that is just awful. Seriously, how can you date a person who hates your family, especially KIDS?!

Tex I wish I could say anything other than "I'm sorry" that would just pick your spirits right up :hugs:

So money lady texted me today and said "can you meet today? I want to take care of this, it's troubling me".
WTF???!!! Troubling HER...?! I've only been trying to get in touch with your crazy money-withholding ass for over a week!!!

Of course I said yes and no response! Driving me crazy!

That kinda thing drives me mad Gigs, people message, you reply like straight back with less than a minute & then its like they vanish again for another 3 days??!! Grr! Haha its ‘bothering’ her.. love it! Should name a book after her ‘The guilt of the pastors wife’ :haha:

We only do the one shower here & thats it usually.. unless you have rich friends that want to do one for every child.. that be lovely ha ha! We dont do sprinkles either, there was 4 yr gap between our 2 & we had to get lots new as the first lot of bits was second hand, the shower gifts was things like nappy cake, clothes, tid bits etc..

Sorry Tex, i can imagine thats gut twisting for you hun, big hugs my lovely :hugs:

& i know, my mums fine with having him not like kids m, its strange if u ask me & he never liked us much as youngsters, well young teenagers anyway.. he dont like me much as i gave him s**t alot lol! Oops!

I can ee something but it likely is just the test strip I'm seeing. My temp did go back up though so at least I should have another day on the LP

Well my sis in law has full blown showers for her kids. Which wouldn’t be so bad if her kids weren’t so close together. New bedding for each kid etc. she’s so “fancy” haha but it is what it is. It’s more her sister that wants to throw them and gets us to help. I think it makes her feel more important and needed to throw showers. Like look at me and what fabulous things I’m doing for my dear sister. I mean it sucks that she’s having another baby but it wasn’t as heart breaking as when she announced the second one.

Hey girls. Thanks for all the suggestions on her rash. I didn't day but we got prescription nystatin for the yeast. Its 75% better.

Keeps. I know you only pictured girls, but you will love him and it'll be exciting for a boy :)

Grandparents, my dad lives 800 miles away. I'm not sure his plan when he retires. He asks about V all the time though. My mom is great and babysits like every Saturday. My MIL is getting better, but not great. She lives the closest, but my mom sees more and my mom lives about 1 hr away.

Pureed your own foods. Never have. It's fine if you want to and have time. It's great just feeding your child too :)

I'm sorry, I have read but little retention. Had a pretty busy night and had to be up at 6 to do a visit at 7. Oh well, I earned a good amount last night and I really could use it.

Oh and cppeace, I can't quite see it but never know. Glad temp went up though

Nuala was given Nystatin aswell Flueks.. sorted hers out great :thumbup:

Do you have any symptoms CPeace? Fx my lovely

Oh and Dobs, I never pureed foods. Ok, maybe I tried once, but we mainly stuck to finger foods and foods he can mush and gum between the gums.

FINALLY met mrs godly and got my money, part in check and part in cash...well i roll down the road and when i get to a light i look at the check and it has someone else's name on it o_O so i text her and she says that's her...??? Yeah ok you sketchy lady! I get home and start doing research on her...so far I discovered she has court ordered rulings owing places money, $500 to a furniture store and another $2000 to an apartment complex!

So fingers crossed this check clears but if not I will be raising hell to her husband! No pun intended...

Tex oh yeah, CB is right. Here's hoping. How's sinus infection?

Gigs, oh man that's awful. I hope it doesn't bounce but it isn't sounding very good. Are you feeling better tonight?

Pacific, yeah I try to give V stuff that kinda dissolves easy like small pinch of toast. I mashed a piece of carrot but she wasn't liking that at all lol. Oh and it's crazy how childcare expenses can render working pointless. I'm very fortunate and pay $30/day. I use 3 days a week. I know things are a bit cheaper in my area but we also don't get paid as much as other areas in the country.

I bought a dead sea mud mask thing. I'm going to try it tonight. I also think some wine is in order since AF arrived.

Still feeling kinda rough. Not as congested but now my throat is super sore. And i had to run errands in the rain after work and I didn’t have enough time to change before Children’s bible club. So I had wet shoes and socks on my feet for 4 hours. Great....

Not sure if my temp is really that high or if it’s due to sickness but I will take it haha.

My sister is getting married in June and I am throwing her a bridal shower sometime in May. I’m going to be a pro at this stuff when I get done with all these. It will literally be my 3rd in like 6 months!

Fluek if your mask came in plastic poucj kind of thing then I have tried that! Felt good at the time but pretty sure it did nothing lol. But I do love having mini at home spa sessions...a mask, warm bath with epsom salts/essential oils and a book....oooh yeah (in my kool aid man voice).

I'm better, was starting to feel feverish again but too tylenol. About to go to sleep i hope.

Yeah i'm fully expecting the check to bounce. On the plus side i think we did well on our biggest loser finale, at least hoping to have a chance at third place where we'll get our buy in money back. We'll get twice as much if we can somehow edge into second. Fx!

Oh scrambled eggs cut up small has been a good starter finger food for us with both kiddos. Still mostly on purees though...but now that i'm back in mom role i plan on adding a bit more solids.

Oh fluek that is a very reasonable price for daycare! There are some places around here in that range but always home daycares and not necessarily licensed.

Oh also, for reasons, I'm pretty certain my SIL is pregnant again O_O I could be wrong but based on an off handed comment my MIL said...i think she is. I'm waiting for her to invite us over or something to tell us. Or maybe she'll wait until Easter...

OMG, gigs! Honestly I'd try and deposit it through my banking app first. That stuff only goes through a machine and lots of things get missed. No human eyes that look at it. My coworker just deposited a cheque that was dated for 2 weeks later then it was deposited at no problem.

As for crowing hen: apparently that can happen, mostly when no rooster is around, and I am 100% sure that I only have 1 rooster in my flock, yet I hear two crows at the same time. The hen sounds like a rooster who is just starting to crow. Haha

Flueky, we aren't in the cheapest part of Canada either but in the top 5 for how expensive things get. I wish we had $30 a day options.... But that I imagine is subsidized by the government?

Ahhhh new roo crows are the freaking cutest!!!

So just posting one more time because I just found out we got second place! Boo yah! $130 richer...which incidentally is close to the paint class money I may be screwed out of :rofl: ar least it will be offset a little haha

Woot! It’s always great to win $$! And you lost weight to boot. My sign in fee was only $5 but we weigh in every week and if you gain anything-even .1 of a pound you pay a dollar. I haven’t had to pay in yet and I’m hoping I don’t have to! The total pot will be split by a top male and female loser. They go by % of body weight lost not by total pounds. So right now I am in 3rd but I hope I can manage to win haha

Eeek so much to remember and say.

Tex - that’s awesome that you’re already third. And the wet feet thing makes me cringe. That’s the worst feeling ever! Hoping your temps stay up. A BFP would be so, so sweet. Oh and good for you for planning all these showers. I haaaaaate planning them so much (including subjecting others to planning mine. I declined a bridal shower for the same reason).

Dobs - ditto on not feeling bad. I used to do a lot of organic purée jars too and still do sometimes. Honestly, I was actually quite overwhelmed for a while at the hell id go from exclusively BFing to actually making meals three times a day for her. It seemed like suuuuch an effort (and I wasn’t even talking about making puréed myself). Like PL, I just stuck to soft finger foods. Scrambled egg is good like Gigs said. The only time I ever give her homemade purée is when I myself have made soup. Soon he’ll eat whatever you eat so that’ll be nice and easy.

Oh, and yes it’s soooo hard not to compare to other kids. As I’ve said before, I worry about Tilly’s speech development. A lot of kids her age are saying the names of objects or repeating words pretty well, whereas Tilly only seems to have the vowel “a” and starting to be able to say “o”. And of course then I feel like im stunting her with my random use of Hungarian so I’ve pulled back on that which is stupid because I KNOW it’s normal. I have to keep reminding myself that obviously she won’t grow up not being able to talk. Similarly, A will obviously sit up, speak and do all those other things, and then all of our concerns will be history.

PL that sucks about the childcare. And also about your parents. I’m in a similar situation here where my mum loves 1.5 hours away and only comes to see us when she sees clients in the city, and even then she only pops in for a bit. But she always goes on about how crazy busy she is with work. And yet she’s constantly going off on vacation with her partner who, like CB’s stepdad, seems to resent my mum spending time with me or Tilly. So stupid and a bit hurtful. My in-laws in the UK on the other hand would KILL to see Tilly and would want to see her as much as possible. Same with my dad in Hungary.

Keeps - eeek a boy! I think the dynamic will be so awesome as they grow up :)

Gigs - are you SURE the loss of the first cheque wasn’t her fault somehow all along? Sounds like she’d be sneaky-sneaky given all that shady shit. Maybe you should start an anonymous village gossip blog. I’m the worst.

Flueks - sorry about af and hope V’s rash gets better

CP - sorry I don’t see anything, but there’s definitely still time

CB - lol @ guilt of the pastor’s wife.

AFM Tilly is getting her incisors now but handling them well and it’s veen nice to finally be able to take her out in the nice weather so she can walk around on her own. Except when she’s alone with dH (like when I’m in class) he keeps underdressing her (and dressing her in horribly mismatched clothing) and taking her sooooo far away without a stroller and letting her run around stores. She was out with him the other day when it was really cold for two hours without any gloves, her hat half off and her pant legs pulled RIGHT up as he was carrying her. She was freezing and I cooodbe killed him. Made the mistake of telling my mum and now she is on even more of a rampage of criticism than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->