General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Shae I'm not sure if there's any "good" way to hear that news :( so sorry for you all. Had anyone in your family seen her recently? Do they have a motive yet?

Fluek so sorry about your brother. Ugh I vividly remember my mom's reaction to the news her mom was dying and her words, exactly as panicked as they sounded, are burned into my memory even though it's been probably 15 years now. I imagine that voice message might be similar...ugh that's so haunting, I am so sorry you went through that. As someone who has been through depression and hospitalized for being suicidal, i would definitely concur there was nothing you could have done to talk him out of it if he had his mind set. Again I am so sorry you went through that.
And in positive comments! Dang girl that test progression looks great! Definitely a sticky one in there :thumbup:

Keeps hi! So is SO back in the picture? Will he be at the birth? Is he involved in the girls' lives? Yay for a refreshing break! How are you feeling physically?

Can anyone with okder kids tell me that my 6yo being annoying is just a phase they all go through? He's been arguing recently, yelling, and lying (about stupid stuff, like washing his hands). Then he gets sent to his room and screams, i go in and ask him why he's being pinished and he says "I don't know". I'm not sure if this is partially due to his processing delay or if this is how kids this age act anyway...he's a bit behind emotionally so this may also be typical behavior for a younger age group? Idk since he is my first obviously.

Gig- what an adorable announcement! And as for his behavior, it sounds very normal. I've always said that parenting older children is more mentally exhausting than little ones. My first born may very well be the death of me, but I try my hardest to have more patience since he's on the brink of puberty and I know all those hormones and emotions are not helping to make his outburts any easier.

Keeps- Ella is adorable! My youngest would LOVE that peppa pig swim suit.

Cb- 4 more weeks!? I don't see how you do it having the answer right at your finger tips.

Flueky- your test progression is so solid! I have high hopes for this pregnancy.

AFM- The older two kids went on vacation yesterday with their paternal grandparents for the week and it's made the house awfully quiet. Brenna wanted to go so bad, but she's only 3 and cannot float the river like the other two can. That and, after a day or two, she'd start to miss having her dad or me around and become far too much of a handful.

Aww Bdb you updated your baby ticker to a pink baba girl one <3

Gigs i think its def a phase, Rileys been awful like that & lying about washing his face/teeth brushing etc & when i call him on it, i get &#8216;mumi was joking?!&#8217; Umm no Riley u were lying but he screams & flips out over nothing atm.. I wonder if its they know theres a baby on its way soon, attention thing perhaps if not?

Is hubs still home Bdb?

Omg cb YES! "I was just kidding" same shit here!!! Ok that makes me feel better lol

CB- 100% agree seeing it written on a piece of paper in scientific terms, is 100% not the same as desperately searching the sonographers screen for any sign or burgers or hot dogs!! I&#8217;ve found the nub theory fascinating this time around it amazes me! They told me 100% go buy blue this time, (my scan was 13w 1d) and there was a clear nub raised right up with stacking, the admins were 100% I&#8217;m kinda glad it gave me some time to get used to the idea of a boy, then I only waited 2 & half weeks and went private (babybond do it from 16w but I told a porky and went at 15w 3d just knocked 4 days off my due date lol, it was clear as day a little winky! Very odd. I&#8217;m used to burgers lol and I absolutely loved the IOW thanks! They&#8217;ve got all the sandy beaches, and beautiful countryside and everyone is just so friendly! Coming bck to portsmouth on the boat all I kept thinking was &#8220;what a shit hole&#8221; lol past the stoney beach, grey roads, tower blocks and high street full of drunks lol. Will you not be having an early gender scan? Is Riley excited about having a baby around the house again? I&#8217;m guessing Nuala is a little too young to take it in? P.S loving your girls name for bump, I&#8217;m obsessed with Harley Quinn she is amazing! How have u been feeling this time around? X

BDB- sorry totally forget to congratulate on the confirmation of pink!! Love the bow on the ultrasound too cute! And omfg how do u look like that at 18w?!!! Echo what gigs said I don&#8217;t even look like that non-pregnant!! U have a figure to die for! And thank you, my little Ella is also obsessed with the pig! We did Peppa Pig world not
Long ago she loved it! X

Gigs- yeah he came back around February time, after leaving early December when I found out about number 4, we did lots of arguing about abortion (sorry sensitive subject I know) this happens every pregnancy since our first, finds out, he freaks, goes off with someone else, comes back a few months later? It&#8217;s a shame because he&#8217;s great with our girls when he wants to be he is just very immature! Watching all the dads he&#8217;s always the one jumping on the swings with the kids, or first in the pool, and great at getting them out up the park to
Play football etc (he is excited for a son!) he just doesn&#8217;t do the practical stuff (dinners, making sure they have nice clothes etc) he&#8217;s a kid raising kids but the girls love it as he&#8217;s fun and I&#8217;m boring mum! Health wise ths pregnancy is harder because of my stupid hips! I&#8217;m at the point of needing a hip replacement but have been putting it off as wont be able To drive, and who the hell will look after all
My kids? So that&#8217;s a no go. We&#8217;re also having a very hot summer which is not fun when pregnant, but bought a steel framed pool for the garden, me and the kids love it!! Re: behaviour, Lucy is also 6 and can be very hard work at times. Stubborn, rude, nasty to her younger sister, cries for no reason etc, I think it&#8217;s very hard on kids nowadays, they have all these emotions and don&#8217;t quite know how to process them yet. It can be draining esp when early pregnant, but persevere it will pass x

Ok.. cravings? Anyone having any weird ones? With my first I used to get the urge to suck/chew on a flannel dipped in water, by around 30 weeks I had this one flannel I&#8217;d take everywhere and rip pieces off and chew it. With my 2nd it was washing up sponges, I&#8217;d cut them up, dunk them in water and eat them. By my 3rd baby the urge for washing up sponges was very strong it&#8217;s all I&#8217;d think about and eat. My dentist even showed me my xray from before Kids to after of my teeth, they&#8217;ve meant to have a natural curve, mine have all been ground down by the sponge like someone who would grind their teeth. This is my 4th baby now and this sponge thing is ridiculous! I&#8217;m eating like 2-4 whole sponges a day (and I mean every bit, cut them into strips and then squares, and eat and swallow all of it including the green fuzzy bit) it&#8217;s so strange and I do worry about my intenstines lol, but I literally can&#8217;t stop! There is particular sponges it has to be (the cheap ones, colourful, usually yellow, blue and pink) they have a great crunchy texture lol

Attachments

• 355739F3-EAFF-444E-AA93-F17A338D307B.jpg
    355739F3-EAFF-444E-AA93-F17A338D307B.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 7
Okay so hubby took it better than expected, no idea how it happened still but whatever! He&#8217;s not happy and he is wanting to take some time without talking about it which I get. Hopefully in a few weeks he will get on board!

It&#8217;s really strange that I was possibly pregnant when I was thinking about asking hubby for another :rofl: maybe my body was trying to tell me!

Cb- Yes, hubby is still home, thankfully! He got sent to work about an hour and 15 minutes away but he makes the round trip each day. Bless him. His days are just incredibly long now. He leaves the house before 5AM and doesn’t get home until about 7PM. So we do not spend very much time together in the evenings lately. About an hour is all he has in him before he’s passed out.

I meant to tell you, we started The affair a couple of days ago! Let’s just say I wasn’t expecting the amount of sex in these episodes, but they have definitely made DH and I feel a bit more horny than we already are. :happydance: :blush:

Kit- I’m glad you finally told DH. I’m sure that he’ll be thrilled once the shock wears off that y’all conceived despite protection.

Keeps- I cannot lie- reading about your history with DH hurts my heart for you. You are a beautiful woman and I hope this time he realizes what he has with you. Otherwise you deserve better. I’m sorry if I’m overstepping saying so. :hugs:

I have not had any weird cravings. I do remember your sponge thing from last pregnancy and I'm sorry to see it is affecting you again this pregnancy. It can't be good for you! But if the doctors can't get you to stop I doubt anything I say will convince you! I personally would be concerned about an intestinal blockage and having to have surgery while pregnant. If you can't stop yourself from eating them, can you stop yourself from going to the store and getting them?

Thank you for reassuring me about my six-year-old! It certainly does make me feel better.

I think I'm going to have to write his behavior down so I am not blindsided when I go through it again with Levin!

Cb your willpower is strong! It is five weeks out or so until I will be able to find out sex and I cannot wait! I am having second thoughts about the gender reveal party for the same reason that you mentioned: I really want to see the bits on the screen and make my own guess before I know for sure.

I'm starting to think instead of a gender reveal party I might just do the ultrasound with my closest friends and family with me. The place I went to last time has a very nice set up that makes it feel more like a photography studio than a doctors office. Could be fun! However I do not fancy the idea of exposing my fat belly to everybody LOL

Kit if he's anything like my hubby he'll need a day or two to marinate on it, think about what it means and how the kiddos are going to be so close, then his heart will thaw out and he will be excited LOL
Hahahhahahah thinking of my icy hubby when I told him about ds2

CB thank you! I agree I feel like finding out by reading the gender feels like a bit of a letdown. I guess that's how team green/yellow feel about us that find out at gender scan. :haha:

Gigs subchorionic(sp?) hemorrhage. I think that's what your saying to kit. It's quite possible.

Thanks gigs! It was the hardest thing in my life to go through. I can't imagine how my parents felt. I went to survivors of suicide sessionsand it really helped. It's a whole different type of grieving as I'm sure grieving over a murder is the whole different grief as well.

Yes, I was stupid to worry yesterday. Sometimes we need someone to bring us back to reality. I think it was because another bnb user just had a chemical.

Sorry no advice about Des' behaviour. Could he be acting up more knowing another baby is coming?

I only want DH in ultrasound room. Maybe my mom. She really wats to go to an appt with me next time. So we will see.

Kit test the hook effect by diluting your urine with water. If tests are darker with dilution then you conceived your prior cycle.

Glad DH took it better than expected. And yes your body was totally in synch with your brain wanting another baby.
Bdb thank you!! Are you getting to spend some quality time with your DH? How's your dog? I think he had a bad paw a few months ago.

Keeps glad he's back in his girls lives. I hope he can mature one day though.

And umm.... that's pica. Eating non food items. You should talk to your ob about that. Don't want your intestines getting a blockage. Itcould cause enough damage you could need an ileostomy or colostomy. You really don't want one of those. Can you find something else to do to take your mind of it?? I don't nean to sound rude, but this is dangerous.

AFM just feeling more tired than usual. Occasional feelings of queasiness and super thirsty. I found out one of the therapists is pregnant right now too. She thinks she's due around 1st of March. I have a real life bump buddy :)

V has been clingy lately and fussier. I'm thinking she's teething.

Looking forward to being off for the holiday tomorrow. We are going to a bbq at ny in laws in the evening. Also, going to try to finally gets Vs pool set up. I'm pretty excited for that.

Poor levy, he was screaming his butt off in his crib (i put him in his crib) and i come in there and poor thing had his leg stuck in the rails! He is definitely going to be the first one to break a bone.

Fluek you can turn hot tubs down to lower 90's, still warm and safe :thumbup: we've been doing this as MIL & FIL's because they got a hot tub recently. No one complains ;)

Oooh i need to get a pool. Meant to check wally world when i was there today but i forgot, of course.

I don't think des' behavior has anything to do with baby. He's only just really grasped that we're having another but he's been acting out for a couple of weeks now. I think he's also mimicking some behavior of kids at school -- the public school kids are in his class for the summer so a whole new dynamic with his current classmates.

A few other kids in Rileys class at school (told from their Mums) have been acting up alot so its probs more a phase .. lil buggers arent they lol! So stressy though!

Yes 4 wks today until 20 wk scan arhhhhh I cant wait but can iykwim lol

Hahaaaa Bdb i was mega horny watching season 1 of the Affair.. i was watching it in the day & early hrs whilst bf&#8217;ing Nuala, i couldnt wait to see the next episode & my SO couldn&#8217;t understand why i felt so fruity :rofl: glad to hear hubs is still at home :)

Ohhh Keeps thats the Pica thing.. i am worried for you & your stomach re blockage hun.. isnt it a deficiency of some kind? You should def ask mw for a blood test, how many wks u got left?? I remember you had it bad last pg aswell.

Anyone had a Varicose vein in their butt cheek whilst pg? Like at the curve of the bottom where you underwear finishes? Or &#8220;the smile&#8221; bit, I kept feeling this puffy bump & SO thought i was weird asking if i had a puffy bum cheek lol but i just checked in mirror & its all nobbly along the edge :( i Googled it & it can be normal, i have them in my girly bits already but just on the one side.. same side as the butt one funnily enough! I have MW in morning so il quiz her about it aswell urhhh never had the butt one with prev pg&#8217;s!

Kit hubs will be fine in a couple days after processing the info.. he probs wants his quiet time to recap & think &#8216;when did the condom split & i not notice??&#8217; Lol! But hey ho, bubba is settling in there now & thats all that matters that all is healthy & a happy 9 months <3

Gigs I'll consider it. If nothing else I'll dip my legs in :) but I'll research into that.

Poor lev. Oh and I hope Des' acting out improves. Not looking forward to that but really not looking forward to teenage years.

Cb, we watched Spartacus, the HBO series, during my 3rd tri. It got me horny, I'll put that on my list of reasons I went into ptl. Too much sex in 3rd tri :rofl:

Cb i only have a varicose vein on my leg, haven't seen any elsewhere yet. I do have a friend who had them on her vag reeaaally bad. She ended up needing some sort of vag support belt thing because the pain was awful. Hope you don't experience anything like that!

I was going to watch the affair but it turns out it was only advertised on Hulu, but the actual show only plays on Showtime which I do not have :( so sad, i wanna watch horny induction shows too!!! Not fair!

I remember seeing advert snippets for Spartacus ages ago & it did look &#8216;fleshy & people entwinned&#8217; lol hmm maybe another box set to download lol! Was V ok being born at 34wks? Will u be deemed as high risk this time around because of it?

Ohhhh thats no good Gigs.. well, if u ever see it available fir download or comes available on normal tv u gotta watch! Its probs a cheap one to buy on a dvd box set now as it was 3/4yrs ago :) Is the vein on your leg pg related or do u suffer from them? Your poor friend bless her.. i hope i wont need that either :-/ i have the groin ones aswell, looking bulky eurghh, i never noticed them until well over 20wks with my prev ones these appeared around 10/11 wks joy!

Going to google Vag support belt as i have no idea what one looks like..

No problem, i hear women swear by them

Only the one spot on my leg; not sure when it popped up, maybe while i was pregnant with Lev? Idk

Kit any test updates? I'm curious if you've tried the hook water trick. Did you make an appointment yet?

So many things to say but so tired. I wish I had grabbed my computer so I could respond to everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->