General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Future also if you take the pic and crop it down that may do the trick. Are you seeing anything irl?

Jez, seriously, it pays to be artsy. I mitigate a lot of present costs by making people art. I have dimine this for bday gifts, baby shower gifts, xmas, and once a wedding present. Also, while I'm a bit butthurt I've never been a maid of honor, it's really a blessing in disguise as no way i could afford all that. Likewise, I didn't go "all out" for my own wedding because of expense. We went bowling, drank at the alley and bought some food, then came back to my house and crashed the bachelor party and all partied together and got smashed. It was fun! And with being at home/store bought beer, inexpensive compared to a trip anywhere or bar beer.

Green booo for illness again! Hope it's not too bad.

Kit yay!!! By then I'll be expecting your nub shots ;) unless you reeeaaally insist on not finding out :roll: :haha:

Sorry for anyone I missed, my toddler is abusing me.

Future also if you take the pic and crop it down that may do the trick. Are you seeing anything irl?

Jez, seriously, it pays to be artsy. I mitigate a lot of present costs by making people art. I have dimine this for bday gifts, baby shower gifts, xmas, and once a wedding present. Also, while I'm a bit butthurt I've never been a maid of honor, it's really a blessing in disguise as no way i could afford all that. Likewise, I didn't go "all out" for my own wedding because of expense. We went bowling, drank at the alley and bought some food, then came back to my house and crashed the bachelor party and all partied together and got smashed. It was fun! And with being at home/store bought beer, inexpensive compared to a trip anywhere or bar beer.

Green booo for illness again! Hope it's not too bad.

Kit yay!!! By then I'll be expecting your nub shots ;) unless you reeeaaally insist on not finding out :roll: :haha:

Sorry for anyone I missed, my toddler is abusing me.

Haha, well we will wait and see if I get any nub shots shall we 🤣 in the U.K. you don’t get to request what pictures you get :rofl:

I think it’s probably sinking in now and we are both getting quite excited about it all! Xx

Ah Kit thats lovely :) Yay for scan date! My bestie has her 20wk scan on 28th August aswell which also happens to be her birthday! Dbl whammy of scans that day!

I was walking in the park earlier & saw a lady with her newborn bubba Girl on her chest, adorable, my heart melted & I suddenly got hormonal & excited about ours hehee! <3

Haha Kit i told the scan tech i wanted nice profile ones & no random blurr ones, afterall we do pay for them ha ha

Greenie I hope you all feel better soon.

Jez she never really acted like she was in pain other than rubbing her jaws and ears. She puts everything in her mouth but she does that ALL the time. I had to google because I was worried it was bad to get "out of order". Nice to hear Tilly wasn't your typical order either.

Kitty sounds like a cute way to announce

Oh I didn't thinkit was polite to ask, but I think most profile shots get a nub and it's a typical shot to get.

Gigs :haha: hope it wasn't too bad from L. They can be lil stinkers ;)

CB happy 21 weeks!! It's flying by. Do you have most of your things? I think I'm packing a labor bag before 3rd tri this time :haha:

L is slow on the teeth front. Still only 10 teeth and that includes 4 molars....

I gave up counting after 12. Haven't checked recently...but it's funny the early teethers typically lose them first, too. Des has already lost his front 4 teeth. They are taking their sweet time growing back so he's just had a big ol' gap for weeks and weeks :haha:

Oh that’s interesting. I have no idea about anything to do with kids older than Tilly so I don’t even know when they’re supposed to get their adult teeth (and I can’t remember when I got mine).

Kit I was secretly hoping you’d keep the fact that it’s twins a secret. I thought what that couple did with filming everyone meeting “the baby” in hospital for the first time, only to discover twins, was amazing. Probably not very practical though.

Gigs yes I agree that’s an amazing gift giving idea If you have talent. I did do some digital art on two occasions for wedding presents so maybe I’ll cosnidwr something like that again. Which reminds me - I have all the drawings that our friends and family did of animals for Tilly before she was born. They’re all digitized now and some of them are coloured in, but maybe I should try to make it into a book or something for her second birthday.

AFM I’m wondering when to potty train. My mum keeps asking and reminding me that my brother and I were potty trained fully by 18 months, but here people generally seem to wait till 3 years. Tilly’s showing some signs of readiness but I feel like it’ll be so much work to deal with transitioning out of diapers when that could potentially be avoided later on. Thoughts?

Jez- I actually asked the boys pedi about potty training and he reccomended getting a small potty do they get used to it. He said they might start 'using it' with diapers on. He said lots of kids feel like they're going to be flushed down the big potty? But now that we might be moving soon after they turn 2 I might just wait until we're moved and settled. Not sure yet. I'm really in no rush. When I talk about it people around me think I'm insane for even bringing it up. My boys are not ready. They don't tell me when they poop or pee. Max is starting to hide when he poops but that's about it.

I forget who asked but the guys aren't in daycare but we do a lot of things outside of the home and we seem to pick up every germ possible. We actually went to a soft play place last Monday and as we left I told me Mom "they're probably going to get sick now" and they did darn it!!!! I think I'm going to buy a footstool and teach them how to properly wash their hands (right now I set them on the sink and wash them for them.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It's a cold. I'm being dramatic. Lol it was nice being sick on the weekend so I actually had a day off! DH took the boys all morning Sunday while I slept. It was beautiful. I haven't slept so much in years. Haha

Okay sorry for the long selfish post.

Oh PS. Had some spotting over the weekend. No idea. Still all completely negative OPKs. Like not even a little dark test line. All super faint. Haven't been taking my temp because of sickness. Will start again tomorrow.

Jez our family doctor suggested we try to potty train L now, not closer to when baby is born because that big change could throw him back. And after baby is born would be considered late? Anyway, I don't agree with her: while we do have a potty for L, and he'll sit on it and do the push and grunt while he sees us pee, I think it's a wee bit too early. We are in no rush. He has started to announce "big poop" when his diaper is full, but not reliably yet and it's always after the fact :haha:

Green, hope you feel better soon! Sometimes certain playgrounds give me that feeling of 'great we'll get sick" so I try to wipe his fingers with a wet clothes when we get back to the car or at the latest home and wash hands. Makes me feel better when I remember, but I am not sure if it's actually preventing us getting colds... Your boys will have excellent immunity when they start going to kindergarten! ;)

I feel like I see something in real life but I am definitely not capturing it and it could be wishful thinking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 25
Future something was catching my eye on your test so I tweaked it (not very well I’m afraid) but I definitely see SOMETHING there

Attachments

• 237BC5A2-5DD9-40F5-A77B-5E755583D99F.jpeg
    237BC5A2-5DD9-40F5-A77B-5E755583D99F.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 25
And the inverted

Attachments

• 875FD4D9-D1FE-40A3-802D-6370F9A5F318.jpg
    875FD4D9-D1FE-40A3-802D-6370F9A5F318.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 18
Thank you Kit!!! I just ordered a couple more FRERS off amazon and still have a few wondfo, I am only 8 DPO and remember now why tcc costs me a small fortune lol why am I wasting expensive tests I&#8217;ll never know but I do feel like I see something however I don&#8217;t feel pregnant in any way so we shall see! I think I&#8217;ll be fine either way but I feel like I know I secretly want a positive now lol

Future hm I can&#8217;t quite tell yet. How many dpo are you? Aren&#8217;t you really early?

SO&#8217;s best friend had a drinking party last night. I&#8217;d never gotten totally hammered before, so I went for it. They had jungle juice. Bad idea. I got super f*cked up and SO brought me back to his house (he was sober) and I puked twice (well, 2 sessions, and I had a puke bowl, I didn&#8217;t puke all over myself) and nearly passed out but didn&#8217;t, SO made me stay awake for an hour past my last puking session. It sucked. I have little red dots that look like freckles under my eyes from blood vessels bursting, that happened when I puked at the hospital too so I kinda expected it actually.

I think I might just stick to wine and beer from now on. I&#8217;ve never puked from wine or mikes or Smirnoff ice.

Shae you're a regular party animal! Being that drunk is awful. My friend recorded me once in the bathroom too drunk to get off the floor. He did it to be funny but when I saw the video I was so embarrassed! didn't drink that much again for awhile. There was a part where i was on the floor and noticed the camera.
Me, face hidden in my arm, hand next to the lense: "you gonna take my picture?"

Friend, out of view: "no, it's a video."

Me, throwing up the 'thumbs up' to camera: "say 'when'!"

And yes imagine it all in a super drunk slurred voice.

Future I see it on the frer but I don't trust their faint lines anymore.

I am early shae! 8 DPO, I had a pretty obvious line at 9 DPO with my last pregnancy though. Everyone&#8217;s different though I guess! Ps. Jungle juice just sounds like trouble lll l

What on earth is jungle juice? Honestly, my vomiting phobia does a pretty good job of preventing me from drinking too much, not that I’ll even have that option till I stop breastfeeding.

Future I see something on Kitty’s tweaked version but I still think 8dpo is very early. Even your 9dpo from last time is pretty early. This time may well be different, so I think you’re totally still in the game. Looking forward to more tests.

I hope we hear from Keeps soon! I’m guessing she’s busy with a brand new babe and her girls.

Jez, jungle juice is a concoction of liquors and juice/soda etc meant for group consumption. Pretty sure the one at the party was vodka, rum, and some kind of mango flavored something. It&#8217;s generally pretty strong and meant for getting a ton of people really drunk.

Gigs oh geez yikes. I don&#8217;t think anyone filmed me. I&#8217;m glad, cuz I&#8217;m a bit obnoxious when I&#8217;m drunk tbh.

Future, yeah, it was a bad idea. I had fun until I left the party, but I don&#8217;t think the puking was worth it. 8 dpo is still early even if you got a strong positive at 9 dpo once before. Fx&#8217;d that tomorrow you&#8217;ll get that bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->