General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Ahhh Riley's specs!!! <3 they are so cute!!!

Ha actually i just noticed one of the gates is cracked. Pretty small but enough for a determined duck to get out.
Did a head count this morning and it looks like we're down to 18 from 21! Hoping this will be resolved just by shutting the gate. I don't want to lose any more!

PL yay for garden grown food!!! Pur gardens were a complete flop this year. In fact my tomatoes have only JUST gotten ripe enough to eat today! The majority were consumed by deer (i think) before they were ripe. Other than that we had "coolapeños", a heatless jalapeño hybrid, and they're growing like crazy but they just taste like plain green bell peppers. Pretty lame. We have raspberries too but they aren't prolific at all and ripened so quick I couldn't pick some before the started rotting on the vine.

Everything else (squash, berries, pumpkins, onions , egg plant) didn't make it for one reason or another. :roll: oh well.

Gigs, sorry about the ducks. I have been there.... My first two ducks, a wonderful breeding pair of Cayuga ducks wandered off, I assume the local fox got them.

As for Garden, my motto for this year was "take this old seeds (expired), throw them into the ground with sheep manure and don't forget to water them every few days." Worked out alright....the only thing that never grew was the lettuce and spinach, I assume the seeds were too old.

Pumpkins I have been told are heavy feeders, add some good compost or manure next year.
Raspberries depend on the variety, some only produce Every other year.

So livid right now. Spent like an hoir picking fucking blue crab to put in a lobster bisque so me and hubby coukd have a nice dinner, plus use the crab before it went bad. Took all my willpower not to eat it but i wanted to do something nice for hubby...made the soup, added the crab, then set it on the table. Had one bite then went to get some water...well that dang stinker toddler came over, reached as far as he coukd and grabbed my bowl off the counter as i ran over to stop him. Too late...it spilled all over the floor. The dog got to eat it. That is probably the most expensive meal the dog has ever had.

I'm actually crying over it in the bathroom. Hubby offered me his share but the whole reason i did it was for him, otherwise i would have just ate it (he likes crab but hates picking it).

I'm too mad to eat now. Was thinking about taco bell fries but i'm too pissed off lol.

Anyway PL that sucks about the Cayugas (my favorite breed!). And I had a decent size pumpkin vine started but it was a volunteer growing outside of the garden bed and hubby ran it over with the mower.

Oh man, sorry about the crab meat :hugs: I don't know what else to say

And I hear you on hubby running things over, frustrating days sometimes in the garden

Afm: we had the house inspection today, so waiting to hear back from the buyer. In the meantime, DH and I have started digging deeper into our buying options. The big vineyard lot: we have applied for a farming credit loan, so we'll have to see on that. In the meantime we also started looking at other options (can't get hung up on one). In one of our target areas we've found 4 potentials and 2 are already sold and the other 2 are hard to get a viewing time for. WTF!
Such limited inventory here ATM!

Ah Gigs thats crappy about the Crab dinner :( sorry.. did hubs enjoy his bowl though? All the effort that went into that aswell def deserves a mini take out as yours was ruined:hugs:

Pacific hope u guys get farming credit, it&#8217;d be ace to have a Vineyard :)

Ugh that is so frustrating! Do you think you'll have to compromise on location?

Did you mention your folks have land? Can you RV on their lot in the interim?

Hubs was being really insensitive about the stupid crab, however I understand i am probably overly sensitive about it + hormones. I'm sure i'll laugh about it later but right now i'm a crying fail wife. I also feel under appreciated by him recently but to be honest can't sort out if I actually feel that way or just right now. Because emotions.

Gigs sorry about the crab. I would&#8217;ve cried too, honestly.

Sorry I&#8217;ve been absent. I&#8217;ve been really busy with school. The AC is super strong in my dorm building and my room is freezing. Well, it&#8217;s 65 degrees, but considering it was 90 outside, that&#8217;s freezing. Problem is, my betta fish is stuck in a 65 degree room. He&#8217;s been living in a 78 degree room his entire time with me, and he&#8217;s not doing so well. He&#8217;s sitting at the bottom corner of the tank most of the time. I didn&#8217;t realize what the problem was at first, and then I checked the temp strip and realized he&#8217;s freezing. If he&#8217;s still alive in the morning, I&#8217;m gonna go buy a heater for him. I&#8217;m just worried he won&#8217;t make it that long.

Just popping in finally got my power back as i was in the middle of that hurricane

I love crab gigs!! I live on the east coast of Canada so crab and lobster are our thing!

Tested this aM BFN. Thinking I am out this cycle..

Future i hope it turns around for you :hugs:

Hunni how did the hurricane treat you/your home, other than the outage?

Shae in the meantime you can fill a bottle with warm water and float it in there to try and bring the temperature up a little.

gahhhhhh i just replied back & the page stuck & said web page error half way through typing pfffft

Hunni was it a bad hurricane?

Ah Shae poor Fishy... Can the aircon not be turned down in the dorm room or is it standard throughout campus?

Sorry about bfn Future... whens your period due? Are u def sure on Ov date? :hugs:

Definitely not sure CB my opks have been really weird this month, according to my app my period is due Tuesday! So still not out but I do not feel pregnant.

We have two trips coming up in November to Boston for a football game and then Walt Disney world so I am debating just not trying until after those trips but it&#8217;s hard because I don&#8217;t want a large gap between my kids so don&#8217;t want to miss any opportunities!

Blokes can be abit insensitive sometimes, i just dont think they get it Gigs, my SO has days like that.. i think alot of their moto is get on with it type thing.. :hugs:

You never know future esp if you ov'd abit later than expected :) You should go with the flow with it, i know it be hard when planned trips are involved.. but think if u did ov later & fell preggers this cycle, you would be pg still for these trips :)

Tested again and maybe see a faint line? What do you guys think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 25
I actually see something a little left of the opk line on the hpt.

^ditto, just a hair left...but when i enlarge it i lose it

Y'all...
It's with a heavy heart I must report the Taco Bell fries have again been discontinued, and again I learned this whilst ordering them in the drive through to satisfy the craving :cry:

Future, I did not realize you were in Canada too ;)
And yes, I definitely see that line!

Gigs, there is a good chance we'll have to do some compromises this time around. We are thinking of a house purchase that we have to compromise on as a potential income/rental property in the future when we want to buy or built our dream home. Finances currently don't allow that, but maybe in 2-5 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->