General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

WEIRD/GROSS PERIOD TALK WARNING

So I had my first sugar pill Friday night. I started spotting Saturday afternoon, and I’ve been having red spotting ever since (which isn’t that long cuz it’s Sunday night right now). I’m not sure if this is how light my periods will be or if it’ll ramp up tomorrow or the next day, but that’s not what this is about. I’ve been using my menstrual cup to catch the blood and I’ve had no blood leaking (it’s just spotting though so it’s super light, barely anything in the cup) but I have had a gush of watery vaginal discharge, not sure what that was about. I just felt a gush and it didn’t smell like pee so I assume it was vaginal discharge. Anyway, that’s still not what this is really about (though idky that happened). I was sitting down and realized I could smell my period, which I remembered I could always smell before I got the mirena. But then I took out my menstrual cup and now I’m not sure if the smell is coming from me or the cup. I smelled the inside of the cup after I’d rinsed it with cold water, and it smelled strongly of GINGERBREAD. So I don’t know if my period smells like gingerbread (dafuq) or if something weird is going on with the cup. Has anyone’s period ever smelled like gingerbread? I’m sure most sane women don’t sniff their pads or tampons but I’m not sane so I definitely have in the past, but since I haven’t had a real period in years, I don’t remember if it smelled like anything other than blood/metallic smell. I’ve been rinsing the cup with cold water every time I take it out before I put it back in, and websites say you only have to boil it between cycles, so idk man. I tried googling it and found nothing for gingerbread, just articles saying “this smell means this, this smell means this” except none of them were even close to frickin gingerbread smell. I’m also self conscious and I hope nobody can smell my gingerbread blood cuz ew. Once I could smell my sister’s period so now I’m terrified people can smell mine lol.

So um. Any ideas? (Help)

Dobby - I recommend Penaten too. My parents would use it on my sister and me all the time. I mainly use Zinofax for regular diaper changes, but if he's looking red (which he happens to be right now </3), I use Penaten.

I'm sure I have some sort of accent, but I don't think it's thick or anything. I do say "eh" here and there though. And when my family would visit The States, some people would either know we were Canadian or have to ask cuz they couldn't figure out why we sounded different. lol

shae - I don't think I've ever had it smelling like baked good. Too many pumpkin spice lattes maybe? lol. If someone could smell it though, there are much worse things it could smell like. I guess just keep an eye on it. Maybe see if your next period smells the same and, if so, go to your Dr?

So, I went to WalMart today to pick up a WM brand FRER test and they were seriously picked over. I ended up settling for a 2 pack of WM brand Clearblue tests. I'm not a huge fan of them cuz I'd rather look for a pink line instead of a blue one. That being said, the weekend before I found out I was pg last time, I'd had one alcoholic beverage at a restaurant and used a CB test to confirm the BFP from the test I'd taken the day before. I had an alcoholic bev yesterday at dinner and I'm planning to take a test or 2 next weekend (when I'll be 11/12dpo). Maybe history will repeat itself. lol

Pretty haha I wish it was too many pumpkin spice lattes, I had one pumpkin spice iced coffee on Friday but none since then.

Oh so I move into college tomorrow morning. I&#8217;m mostly packed, I&#8217;ve just got a few things left to put in the car. I called the pharmacy in my college town and asked them to transfer my BCPs to them and they said they don&#8217;t have them in stock so they have to order them, but they should arrive Tuesday afternoon or so, so I&#8217;m not worried about it, since my start day is Friday.

I've never used a menstrual cup so not sure but don't think they are scented. The gush was mostly likely just an estrogen surge making watery cm. The period smell- sorry no clue there. I never smelled anything but blood on a period on the pill or off.

CP yeah they&#8217;re not scented, I was more thinking if there was some weird reaction it was having to the blood. That&#8217;s good to know about the estrogen surge possibility, thank you.

Pretty omg :rofl: I love pumpkin spice flavor, but I don&#8217;t wanna stick it up my hoo-ha.

Lol yeah there's enough garbage in the tampons them self. I definitely wouldn't do scented lol but funny.

Future how strange. A dodgy test?

Everyone say panetene but I don't think we have that in the states. At least not where I live.

Shae mine has an iron and earthy smell, but not real strong. Not sure about the gingerbread smell.

Cppeace oh gosh. I don't like pumpkin flavoror scent. Scented tampons make me cramp bad. However the pic is funny.

Pretty good luck testing!!! I don't like blue dyes for early testing but what can you do.

Future that's a pretty strong bfp to be a fluke...did you use the same urine for the repeat test? if not the bfp may be valid, as the 1st sample may have had much more hcg to created the much darker line, cuz I can still see a VERY faint 2nd line on the other:shrug:
I second :test: again with as concentrated ( long hold no fluid intake) as you can or better yet your next fmu.

Shae I have only used the disposable menstrual cups, BUT more as a man goo holder . I tried it once for my menstrual and I guarantee you upon removal the smell is horrid ugh, even after man goo removal awful (gag)
I aliken it to the warm body temp in there holding that blood alters the normal funky metallic irony blood smell you get from pads etc.
You could always use baby powder on yer drawers/panty liner :haha: it is an odor absorber. BUT keep in mind - if classmates smell Gingerbread, they are NOT gonna think you are on your period. They will think you ate/drank something with it, have something with it in your bag, or have an odd pref of body spray.

It's not a bad smell to most ppl so likely they aren't noticing it at all.:hugs:

CB--->Dobs Great idea on the rinse and butt soak:thumbup:
kinda like how the sitz bath soothes the hooha after birth!

afm Temp finally shot back up 6 dpo, frickin fan/sweat nights botched this cycle's charting, FF won't give CHs , so opk mode it is grrrr

Dobby i have a lot of luck with baby aquaphor. I also am an advocate of baby powder to keep things dry.

I also make a coconut oil & shae butter based salve that works pretty well but if you're going store bought, aquaphor is my go to. Agree 100% that desitin & butt paste are way to sticky & thick and cause more problems trying to wipe it off.

Future did you test again?

Pretty have you ever used the first signal 88 cent walmat cheapies? I love them! I have never gotten a negative on there and a positive on a FRER, they are always positive at the same time. Only problem is they are very prone to evaps, so never put stock in anything after 10 mins.

Well, just dropping by to let you know AF showed today. So, at least that means my original thought on ovulation day was correct. Anywho, ya know that likely means I'll disappear for a few weeks lol.
-C-ya

Pretty have you ever used the first signal 88 cent walmat cheapies? I love them! I have never gotten a negative on there and a positive on a FRER, they are always positive at the same time. Only problem is they are very prone to evaps, so never put stock in anything after 10 mins.

I don't think I've ever seen those. Maybe they're only in the States?

I have bunch of Easy@Home tests, but I've been reading recently that they aren't as good at detecting early pregnancies as they used to be. I'm 6pdo right now, so I was gonna test next weekend, but I'll probably get impatient and do a test on Thursday or something.

Sorry AF showed Cpeace... have some Wine luvvy ;)

Shae & Pretty those Gingerbread scented Tampax :rofl: But Shae ive only ever smelt on myself (mainly pill withdrawal bleeds) a strong period odour but only when massively heavy for a day or two & then its gone & its usually on hot days or very warm weather where u generally sweat abit more than usual as your on your Period, nothing as sweet as Ginger lol! Can i ask why you use a Menstrual cup?

Future did u re-test?

Cpp sorry about af's appearance :( Ahhh I hope given the recent chemical it's only a matter of time and your "sticky bean" is right around the corner.

Pretty I don't know why I assumed you were in the states... maybe check online for "first signal" brand?

If I ever do the baby thing again that's probably all I'll get. My only reservation is FRER are wonderful for showing progression. So pricey though :/

Gig - I just googled them and they look kinda like the dollar store ones we have here. I know I have one of those kicking around in my dresser. My plan is to use the E@H until I see the start of a 2nd line, then use the dollar store one, and then a clearblue the next day to confirm. If AF comes instead, I'm planning on holding off trying again until Dec and I'll actually be taking a trip to FL that month, so maybe I'll grab a few while I'm there.

I know my son was conceived in late October and we have a fair few family BDays in August (which means they were probably conceived in November). I could "try" again this month if AF shows up, but then that would mean a June baby and I'd like to have my kids' BDays not too close to each other, if I can help it. Right now, I'm possibly baking a May baby, but if we wait til December or later, we'd have a new LO is September or later. If that did happen it'd be kinda nice cuz BD's BDay is in the winter, I'm spring, Alex is summer, and the new LO would be autumn. And then #3 would be our wild card. ;) lol

Retested this AM and got a negative! Only 7-8 DPO so I’ll just keep testing daily with cheapies from here on out lol

Just checkin in ladies..we have a hurricane coming this way!

Keep safe Hunni :hugs:

Looking forward to more tests to squint over Future hehe

Pretty it certainly does get expensive when birthdays are all close together, Riley & Nuala are 4wks apart July/August but Nualas original due date was end of July, they would of been 21 days apart lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->