• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Fluek glad you're feeling more optimistic. Sounds as though your hubby's position is secure for now. How much weight have you gained this pregnancy? I'm up 34lbs and can't believe it. This is the pregnancy i started at the lowest weight with and somehow i've caught up to what i was last time :dohh:

Although i do have to say I'm noticing some swelling already. I always swell but usually later. It was extremely bad with ds1, not so much with ds2. Anywho I took iff my socks today and noticed mu ankles dented in at the band. It took about an hour to go back to normal although the mark was still there! I just hope it doesn't get as bad as with ds1. I had pitted edema--my ankles were like memory foam. So gross.

Wow ranty mc rants a lot here!
To answer your question, i went into labor within 24 hours after the pedicures, ds1 my water broke, ds2 contractions started.

Gigs do they focus on the ankle? I had one a week before but they don’t hit that area that induces labor so just relaxation for me lol

Fluek glad you are feeling better! Yum sushi!

Tex srsly. Also just glad for the long weekend. A’s daycare is open so i’m Going to drop him off then go back to sleep, have a cocktail, and stress clean.

Future I notice I double post when I attach pics. You can hit post before the picture has actually attached to the post but the page doesn’t reload. So once the pic loading thing goes away you hit post again and the page reloads with one post with a pic and one without. I hate it.

Dobs- I’m lucky, we have the whole week off I’m so excited about it. We used to just get wed-sun off but man that was rough cause you spent wed and Thursday cooking Friday shopping and then you had to go back on Monday. Not much of a break. My sis in law from Colorado is coming in for a visit that week and since the cousin closet to Tabs in age will be there Tabs will probably spend a good few days at the inlaws spending time with her. She won’t get to see her again till May i bet due to unpredictable weather around spring break in March. And then only 4 weeks till Christmas after we get back from thanksgiving haha.

Flueky - I have my first scan on Saturday morning. As far as I know, SO should be coming with me. I think that'll be nice for him. He'll probably make some comment about it not looking like a baby, but heartbeat will probably make it more real.

Don't get me started on weight. lol. I put on 60lbs the first time around, lost about 32 after and then put 27 back on. I was slowly losing before I got my BFP, but my starting weight this time is still 35lbs up from before. Just gonna try to not pig out and hopefully I can maintain for as long as possible.

That’s great! I agree, the only having half a week stinks! We technically are contracted to work Monday and Tuesday as in service conference days before Turkey Day, but the Union negotiated that if teachers agree to stay late the week before to do conferences then we don’t have to work on Monday or Tuesday. And since Admins have to be on campus during conferences.... pretty easy to get them on board haha. We also get so many minimum days a year and we routinely save two for conferencing. So next week I have Monday off, Tuesday, then wed-fri school is out by 1:20 then conferences until 4 with two before school as well. So 7:20-4pm in exchange for all week off. Deal lol

I hit a wall on my weight loss again. Unamused. Still 7.5lbs off my pre pregnancy weight and 22 off where I want to be. Oh well.

Pretty I can’t believe you are 8.5 weeks already! Time is flying

Dobby - Well, I O'd late, so that might be off be like a week. Gonna see what the baby measures at on Saturday and then adjust my ticker if need be. Thanks though. :)

So I took another test this AM and im now feeling less hopeful I don’t think it’s darkened up nicely. What do you guys think?

Af due in 3 days:

image.jpg

How many dpo are you again? I agree it's concerning but I am weary of those after my last experience with progression on them.

I am so excited for break! A chance to hopefully catch up on a little sleep and not wake up to an alarm every day...except maybe hubs'... I seem to get my best sleep right before i have to wake up.

My nights are so long now between all the interruptions. Ugh.

Last night I got a dang leg cramp. I have been getting them for weeks but i have been able to stop them before they hit hard, until last night. Holy crap I forgot how painful they are!!! I was breathing heavy and crying, the pain must have gone for a solid minute or two...woke up hubs (oops).

So then when it was done I just sat up and said, "this pregnancy is miserable". Hubs, who has a knack for making me laugh at inappropriate times, just says, "I'm sorry hun" then whispers, "only three more to go..." :rofl:

We do have an ongoing joke now about filling our van :haha: I guess if I ever get pregnant again that's how I'll tell him, like with a note that says "ever closer to filling the van" and the test haha

Oh jeez Gigs that does sound miserable.

I am either 10 or 11 DPO. I’m debating testing with SMU but I also haaaaaate the fact that i waste so much money on tests.

Seriously, walmart cheapies!!!

Do you have a pic of the last test for comparison? This looks great for 10/11 dpo

Yesterday’s on the top today’s on the bottom.

We don’t have Walmart cheapies in Canada sadly - the Walmart brand is blue dye here!

396CD6CD-D7C7-48F7-A655-361000F3378B.jpeg

Future. I would say that the bottom test is quite a bit darker. I wouldn’t worry just yet. And I second Walmart cheapies. They are like .88 each. Of course I’ve never used them for progression. With my child i literally took 2 tests. One the night i was supposed to start and got an obvious bfp and then my husband was like “maybe you should take another one in the morning just to be sure” insert eye roll here. If i would have know we wouldn’t be having more babies i would have peed on more sticks! Lol

Future I agree that test was noticeably darker. I saw it without needing to click, and it’s darker in the stacked photo. But I know it can be worrisome, would beats ease your mind? And yes Wal-Mart!

Tex I hear you. I peed on a lot of sticks and still miss peeing on them when I pass them in the store lol. Everyone tells me I just need time or therapy or the right partner, and I would love another buy in my heart I can sense it’s not happening. I’d be ok with donor sperm in four years but not financially. So oh well.

Gigs sorry about the leg bug hope you get a break

Future you most recent test in my eyes is much darker hun.. i know given last cycles bad luck but some of my frer's weren't hugely colourful whilst looking for progression, def depends on the Dyes in the test.. :hugs:

Future - It definitely looks darker. The ones from Dollarama are pretty good and much cheaper.

Im at work atm & il be leaving soon, havent really read back..

OMG leg cramps aswell Gigs esp if im stretching.. f***k me the pain!!! i keep punching my leg to get rid of it :shock:

Thank you guys!! It’s hard when you hold back getting excited or expect the worst. I really appreciate your words!

Really pretty?? I might stop there today then and grab a few! Good to know! I don’t know if pregnancy tests are just crazy priced in Canada but $20 dollars for 2 FRERS is steep. Lol

Yikes! Frer at walmart are $12-14 usd for 3. Plus a rebate sometimes...
I absolutely agree your test is noticeably darker today! I would be happy with that progression :thumbup:

Cb ugggghhhh does punching it work? I made hubs massage it away but i need a solution i can implement if he's not in the room or passed out.

I did, a few weeks ago, get the same type of cramp in the arch of my foot. Uggghhh they hurt so much, no idea why they happen in pregnancy in particular!

I'll tell you what though after last night i was reminded a bit of the pain of back labor and it's kind of helping solidify my choice in an elective c section...the last thing i want is to experience back labor again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->